Deciding which jersey to buy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Deciding which jersey to buy

I always have a hard time making these decisions. I've collected about twenty over the years. But only eight of those players are still on the team.

I try to collect ones from players that have been on the team a long time, but you never know when guys like that are going to retire, be traded, or be lost to free agency. I got burned really bad this year. We lost Seymour, Vrabel, Paxton, and Hochstein- all "jersey" guys. And I pretty much refuse to wear jerseys of guys who have gone to another team.

Of course, sometimes the decision is a financial one. First off, I make a pretty modest living. If I can get a good deal on a "Welker", which I recently did, I'll jump on it. Obviously the manufacturers print up millions of "Brady" and "Moss" replicas, which has a big impact on price and availability. I'd rather have a "Neal", but a custom job usually costs at least $100. And there's a good chance he won't be on the team next year.

What do you guys do?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

Re: Deciding which jersey to buy

Go with Faulk... I got the Troy Brown throwback 2 years ago super awsome really want the nice one with stiching and stuff but it cost twice as much.  I would go with #33 the first down machine!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I'd love to get a Guyton jersey, but I usually stick with the ones at the Proshop and online.

I'm just paranoid that if I order a custom one that it'll come in with the name and number unproportional to how it normally is.

I'd go with Mayo or Guyton, or even Butler.  They're all sure to be here for a while.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I would go Mayo...infact I did.  I have really been considering taking a MONSTER risk and getting one of Law Firm. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I'm more of a hat person.  I have about 8 different Patriot hats.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

My wife still trys to clean out my the closet....I get pissed off when she asks about Robert Edwards....it's become a ritual.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I would go with either Mayo or Meriweather if I were going to buy one. I like to get Jerseys for players that I know are going to be on the team for some time, and are impact players but not the huge stars. I wouldn't consider Mayo a huge star yet, despite his defensive rookie of the year award.

I'd also look into getting myself a Vollmer jersey, just because he's the man and is going to be huge for the team imo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Sea-Bass jersey... This guy will be a stud on the line.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Well, you should probably go with Brady's go to receiver, number 83 -- No, not that 83, Brady'd go to guy before Welker. Mr. Deion Branch. 

That guy is still my favorite Pat. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

What about a Pat Chung jersey. He has taken a backseat so far this year, but has the potential to be an impact player on this team. What about a Matthew Slater. I had been down on the guy last year, but his coverage skills on both punt and kickoffs are unbelievable. Will be the next Larry Izzo of this team for years to come.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from msniii. Show msniii's posts

faulk
    kevin faulk most underrated third down back in NFL history.

personally i don't wear jersey's but i do own a mitchell and ness authentic 1984 tippett and a bruschi.   i also have a replica craig james that i wore as a kid packed away in the attic

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Deciding which jersey to buy:
    [QUOTE]faulk kevin faulk most underrated third down back in NFL history. personally i don't wear jersey's but i do own a mitchell and ness authentic 1984 tippett and a bruschi.   i also have a replica craig james that i wore as a kid packed away in the attic
    Posted by msniii[/QUOTE]
    Faulk would definitely be a good jersey. He didn't even cross my mind. He's very underrated.

It would be an awesome throwback jersey down the years too.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

WOW.  Why would you have a Paxton and Hochstein jersey?  They kinda blow chunks.  especially hochstein!!!! he was a backup for his career, WASTE OF MONEY.  and buying a Long Snapper Jersey seems kind of retarded.

Following your pattern of stupidity, you should either buy a Kevin O'Connell, Tank Williams, or Jason Hanson jersey

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from payingfan. Show payingfan's posts

I would buy a used jersey on Ebay, don't give anymore money to Kraft until he starts paying Wilfork!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

In Response to Re: Deciding which jersey to buy:
    [QUOTE]WOW.   Why would you have a Paxton and Hochstein jersey?  They kinda blow chunks.  especially hochstein!!!! he was a backup for his career, WASTE OF MONEY.  and buying a Long Snapper Jersey seems kind of retarded. Following your pattern of stupidity, you should either buy a Kevin O'Connell, Tank Williams, or Jason Hanson jersey
    Posted by Gulo[/QUOTE]

Okay, you KNOW I'm going to respond to this!!!!!

For your information, Gulo, these two guys played with the team for like seven or eight years. And they were very good players for us- they had to be or BB would have kicked them to the curb.

So go ahead and wear your Brady jersey every Sunday until it wears out. I almost never wear mine, because Golden Boy gets all the attention anyway.

You see, Gulo, REAL fans don't just follow the superstars. What you call "stupidity" and "retarded", I call being a good fan! Since you seem to know how I should spend my money, what kind of car should I buy? I'll hang up and listen to your answer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

Oh, and another thing, I only paid $50 a piece for my custom Hochstein and Paxton jerseys. I thought Gulo should know this since he is so concerned about my finances.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

You could go the "Customized-Jersey-route."  Since you're undecided about a particular player, I offer You this:  AND Since it is a "Team-Game" and since N.E. Patriots are THE "team of TEAMS" (i.e. "#1"), Get one that reads "NEONE"...lol, my double entendres are as wicked as the come, huh?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

Go with someone who is going to be on the team for a while.  I can't tell you how many times I've seen someone just go buy a jersey and the guy leaves 4 games later.  Best bet is probably Mayo, Meriweather or Butler.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

I've had terrible luck buying jerseys...  My first jersey was Ty Law... Gone...  Second was Harrison, then he promptly blew out his knee...  Third was Bruschi, which clearly caused a stroke...  After this streak I stopped buying jerseys!!  However I found a loophole, when someone else buys the jersey for me as a gift, it seems to not curse them!  Moss was my first gift jersey and I've been rocking it since he signed!  Maybe I'll be lucky and get a Bulter jersey this year...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZekeMowattreturns. Show ZekeMowattreturns's posts

In Response to Deciding which jersey to buy:
    [QUOTE]I always have a hard time making these decisions. I've collected about twenty over the years. But only eight of those players are still on the team. I try to collect ones from players that have been on the team a long time, but you never know when guys like that are going to retire, be traded, or be lost to free agency. I got burned really bad this year. We lost Seymour, Vrabel, Paxton, and Hochstein- all "jersey" guys. And I pretty much refuse to wear jerseys of guys who have gone to another team. Of course, sometimes the decision is a financial one. First off, I make a pretty modest living. If I can get a good deal on a "Welker", which I recently did, I'll jump on it. Obviously the manufacturers print up millions of "Brady" and "Moss" replicas, which has a big impact on price and availability. I'd rather have a "Neal", but a custom job usually costs at least $100. And there's a good chance he won't be on the team next year. What do you guys do?
    Posted by IndianaPatsFan[/QUOTE]

Try looking at this web site.  I bought A Beckett Jersey for $21.00.  Its all stiched top notch.  Its China so somhow they are bypassing something to make them so cheap but mine is nice.

www.tradejerseys.com

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I'd go with Darius Butler. He's an up and comer and should be with the team for a while. I would think that his jersey should be fairly cheap and available. He looks very talented and should be pretty popular in the seasons to come.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Radionowhere228. Show Radionowhere228's posts

I usually try to buy jerseys for players that are gonna be on the team for an extended period of time... and i also tend to buy ones for the impact players but haven't become superstars for the team... with that in mind i would probably go with a guyton, meriweather, butler, chung, or maybe even a wilhite, or a wheatley 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from HCofTheNYJ. Show HCofTheNYJ's posts

go with a beutiful old skool flying elvis #28 Curtis James Martin Jr. jersey! But seriously go with ty warren.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZekeMowattreturns. Show ZekeMowattreturns's posts

www.tradejerseys.com