Defending Mr. Brett Favre (Don't buy the Media BS)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

Defending Mr. Brett Favre (Don't buy the Media BS)

In defense of Favre:
    1) He has played many years and many games with pain.
    2) He has a ring and came close to a couple more.  Who knows how many he could have had if he had played in the BB system in which Matt Cassel won a bunch of games.
    3) Can you blame him for having the hots for Sterger?  I wouldn't be surprised if she led him on and is now capitalizing on it.  I know I have nearly had my eyes poked out several times just looking at her on the flat screen.  I don't even have 3D.  I could see a girl like her asking for a picture of his package.
    4) That game after his dad died was a magical thing of beauty.
    5) He's one month younger than me so it just makes me feel good to see him play.
    6) He never moved to Hollywood and built a disgusting mansion that will use enough resources to house a thousand families, will rarely be lived in, and has a carbon footprint the size of Tom Bunyan.
    7) He's not perfect and doesn't claim to be.
    8) He's not pompous, arrogant, cocky, holier than thou, snobby, etc...
    9) He's a good old boy.
    10) He doesn't look like Justin Beaber, doesn't use "product" on his hair, doesn't spend hours in front of a mirror, doesn't walse around with "A-list people" in Hollywood, NY, and Europe all offseason.
    11) I don't think he would choose to work 3,000 miles away from his child.
    12) He wouldn't take credit for giving home town discounts while being paid about 10 bucks less than Payme-a-ton Moneying.
    13) If I had a choice to hang out with a bunch of good old boys in Mississippi or a bunch of aristocrats from a Suburb of San Francisco........(obvious).

P.S. Mr. Brady is a great QB in the best system ever.  He's now the highest paid player ever in large part because of the way fans idolize him.  Give credit where credit is due but don't give him a free pass on his imperfections.  When good/great players leave this system they generally fall off into oblivion.  I wonder how Mr. Brady would fare in Oakland, or San Diego (near his home) with those crappy systems.

Finally, since brady's work year was shorter this year i.e. he didn't participate much in the offseason I think his pay went up by too much.  If this season is an indication of the future, we can expect limited participation in the offseason which means less chemistry with receivers, injuries become more likely, and the role model aspect is reduced.  Early in his career he worked harder than anyone else on the team.  Now Players will go home after a hard days work and see Tom on TV hanging out with a bunch of ignorant snob celebrities.  So maybe he could have taken a little less money (which could be used to get better quality at other spots, maybe even a bonified star RB).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: Defending Mr. Brett Farve (Don't buy the Media BS)

I usually don't leave comments like this but...
    ... that is a load.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

1. you're idiot
    2. read # 1

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

drum roll ...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Sailor,

If you honestly believe that Brett Favre is a "good ol' boy" that would be cool to have a beer with, I would love to show you my oceanfront propety in Saskatchewan. I've only got a couple lots left, and they're in very high demand, but I could see myself making special arrangements for someone as discerning as you.

Undecided

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'm not sure what to make of this post, but here's what I was able to pull from it; Favre is a good ol boy who's had some success and played in pain so people should leave him alone while TB is an overpaid system QB that hangs with people you don't like and/or approve of (assuming you know who he hangs out with).

I also find it ironic that you point out Brady "(not) participating much in the offseason" while failing to point out that Favre basically didn't show up until the tail end of camp.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In Response to Defending Mr. Brett Farve (Don't buy the Media BS):
    [QUOTE]In defense of Farve: 1) He has played many years and many games with pain. 2) He has a ring and came close to a couple more.  Who knows how many he could have had if he had played in the BB sytem in which Matt Cassel won a bunch of games. 3) Can you blame him for having the hots for Sterger?  I wouldn't be suprised if she led him on and is now capitalizing on it.  I know I have nearly had my eyes poked out several times just looking at her on the flat screan.  I don't even have 3D.  I could see a girl like her asking for a picture of his package. 4) That game after his dad died was a magical thing of beauty. 5) He's one month youger than me so it just makes me feel good to see him play. 6) He never moved to hollywood and built a disgusting mansion that will use enough resources to house a thousand families, will rarely be lived in, and has a carbon footprint the size of Tom Bunyan. 7) He's not perfect and doesn't claim to be. 8) He's not pompas, arrogant, cocky, holier than thou, snobby, etc... 9) He's a good old boy. 10) He doesn't look like Justin Beaber, doesn't use "product" on his hair, doesn't spend hours in front of a mirror, doesn't walse around with "A-list people" in hollywood, NY, and Europe all offseason. 11) I don't think he would choose to work 3,000 miles away from his child. 12) He wouldn't take credit for giving home town discounts while being paid about 10 bucks less than Payme-a-ton Moneying. 13) If I had a choice to hang out with a bunch of good old boys in Mississippi or a bunch of aristocrats from a Suburb of San Francisco........(obvious). P.S. Mr. Brady is a great QB in the best system ever.  He's now the highest paid player ever in large part because of the way fans idolize him.  Give credit where credit is due but don't give him a free pass on his inperfections.  When good/great players leave this system they generally fall off into oblivion.  I wonder how Mr. Brady would fare in Oakland, or San Diego (near his home) with those crappy systems. Finally, since brady's work year was shorter this year i.e. he didn't participate much in the offseason I think his pay went up by too much.  If this season is an idication of the future, we can expect limited participation in the offseason which means less chemistry with recievers, injuries become more likely, and the role model aspect is reduced.  Early in his career he worked harder than anyone else on the team.  Now Players will go home after a hard days work and see Tom on TV hanging out with a bunch of ignorant snob celebrities.  So maybe he could have taken a little less money (which could be used to get better quality at other spots, maybe even a bonified star RB).
    Posted by knightsailor[/QUOTE]

Let me get this straight.  You blame Brady for living far away from his son (though you don't know whether this is true or not), but it's okay for Brett Favre to betray his wife and the sanctity of marriage. 

How about Favre's constant betrayal of his teammates by his stupid season-killing plays? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from moongirl. Show moongirl's posts

Wow, what a waste of time reading this. Next!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

Re: Defending Mr. Brett Favre (Don't buy the Media BS)

Mb,

I know he has been on all the society rags the last couple of years, though I admit I don't remember the names of the "people" he was with.  Watch TMZ if you want to know.

Yes, Farve didn't participate in camp (Brady did).  Favre is 41 and I honestly believe that he didn't know for sure if he wanted to (or could) go through another season.  Him not being at camp gave Jackson that much more practice time, so the team would be or will be better off if Favre didn't want to or couldn't get through the season.  I take his words at face value since I can't remember him ever being a liar.

To whoever that other poster was that questioned whether Favre is a good old boy, Umm he lives in Southern Mississippi.  Are there any other kind of boys down there?  He drives a truck.  He probably sits on back porches with real people having a few American made beers, goes fishing with 300 pound friends, and might even relax with some herbal remedies a couple times a year.  Have you ever been down to that neck of the woods?  It's real America.  NY is for the birds, California is so phony it makes one want to hurl.  Boston is OK though.

As for those who dismiss my thoughts out of hand, you are the reason Tom is being overpaid.  You are ignorant of Mr. Brady's drawbacks, and thus Management must pay a kings ransom.  You can only see the good things about Mr. Brady (which admittedly are numerous), but plug your ears, close your eyes, and make blah blah sounds when anyone brings up things that are not cool aid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Defending Mr. Brett Farve (Don't buy the Media BS):
    [QUOTE]I take his words at face value since I can't remember him ever being a liar.

How often do you guys talk?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I couldn't waste my time, reading this!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

South,

You already did.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

In Response to Re: Defending Mr. Brett Favre (Don't buy the Media BS):
    [QUOTE]South, You already did.

No, I just scrolled, quickly, I'll admit, and I'm no Farve fan and he's just making a laughing stock of himself!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from knightsailor. Show knightsailor's posts

South,

I think it's the media making a laughing stock of Favre.  That chick in NY aint helpin and I'm a bit suprised that all these "MEN" on here would side with a money grubbing shrew like her.

You really should read things before you decide whether you like them.  It's like hating the Bible after looking at only the title.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

my faith got me through reading your post knightsailor

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

[QUOTE]South, I think it's the media making a laughing stock of Favre.  That chick in NY aint helpin and I'm a bit suprised that all these "MEN" on here would side with a money grubbing shrew like her. You really should read things before you decide whether you like them.  It's like hating the Bible after looking at only the title.

I'll give you your kudos, I have no use for the media, read the globe sports writers, The Pats aren't worth a gnats a@@"""

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

I think they'er all Jests fans!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

And if you are a Vikes fan, good luck Sunday!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

Brett Fav-era makes clubhouse cancers Manny Ramirez and Nomah look like a couple of Cub Scouts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

While I respect your admiration for Favre, that's where it ends for me.  Brett is getting 14 mil this year?  Not like chump change, so considering that I will take "Payme-a-ton Moneying" over Favre.  Then you questioned Tom Brady.  That's when I thought this was all junk as far as I am concerned.  Your questioning a guy that took numerous pay cuts and now want's to be paid as he is now 33 and signed till age 37.  This guy got up and in the face of a Raven who was 40 pounds bigger than him, and he had the fire in him to lead his team the best he could.  Favre sitted out preseason...... so don't give me that hanging out with celebrity garbage, and who gives a crap if some uses 'hair product'.  Some people care about their appearence, I guess using gel is a sin if you play football.  And for someone that doesn't go 'hollywood' ... c'mon Farve and his many escapades... let's get serious.  Farve loves his drama , while Brady never opens his mouth in public, and keeps his business in house.

You sir failed. 

IMO Brett Favre is an above average QB that made big plays in big moments and for that he has some greatness; however, he has been blessed with amazing health with a huge threshold for pain that helped him in the record books. 

Right now, regardless, I'm taking Brady, Manning, and Brees at any point of their careers over Favre. Period. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Favre hasn't shown up in camp in years. Nuff said about that.  Favre makes a fortune playing this game.  What does hair have to do with it?  Does someone have to be a dumb redneck like Favre to be appreciated, as opposed to being smart and classy like Brady?  And he did not choose to be 3000 miles from his kid.  The mother moved to California. At least Brady isn't being hypocritical and trying to bang some chick while his wife is at home. 
    What a moronic piece of writing.  All you are doing is justifying everything Favre does while criticizing Brady. How many rings does Favre have?  OK.  Nuff said again. YOu quote the bible while criticizing the chick.  What a loser you are.  Favre tried to get in her pants.  And yu defend him because you have a man crush on him.  His legacy is forever ruined. Everyone thinks he is an idiot now.  He blew it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

BTW, BB would never over pay for anyone... so he had Kraft pay Brady, not the Fans. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

When's the last time Favre won a ring?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]When's the last time Favre won a ring?
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

His agenda is not to defend Bret, it's to bash Tom.  See other ignorant post, "home town discount"
    Sorry Leon, you've been exposed....Just like your hero, Favre, exposed him self.