Defense, Defense, Defense!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Defense, Defense, Defense!

They played a hell of a game. Nice to have them win one for us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: Defense, Defense, Defense!

Dang straight.  I was really impressed.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Aside from the winning drive it was the only thing worth watching in this game.  Very nice to see our D show up when they have been the whipping boys of the NFL thus far.  Here's hoping they can continue and build off it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

#55 = smash mouth

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

This was a signature win by the defense. The offense put them in hole after hole with our 4 turnovers yet our D rose to the challenge. Couple of nice sacks by Carter. Gerard Warren made some big plays and Spikes really is starting to show that he is a beast in the middle. Another INT for Arrington. Red zone D impressive this week. We contained the run pretty good and Witten was not a big factor.  Glad there is a bye week i need a week off after that game. LOL

Slater is on my shaat list.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

What was really impressive is how many times they were put in bad situations from turnovers. How would you like to be Dallas after a game like this, you get four turnovers and still lose? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

How about BB trusting his D with less than 4mins to go .  Sent in the punting unit when Pats got stopped on 2nd to last possession. No panic, the D will stop them.
    3plays later Cowboys punt it back . That's when I knew the game was not over.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: Defense, Defense, Defense!:
    [QUOTE]What was really impressive is how many times they were put in bad situations from turnovers. How would you like to be Dallas after a game like this, you get four turnovers and still lose? 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]
         Exactly! They kept rising to the occasion. Everytime, I kept saying, "they cant do it  again" and then they would all man up, and stop them again. Very impressive!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]How about BB trusting his D with less than 4mins to go .  Sent in the punting unit when Pats got stopped on 2nd to last possession. No panic, the D will stop them. 3plays later Cowboys punt it back . That's when I knew the game was not over.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    That was huge for me. There was a time not long ago when he would have gone for it on 4th and long.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]How about BB trusting his D with less than 4mins to go .  Sent in the punting unit when Pats got stopped on 2nd to last possession. No panic, the D will stop them. 3plays later Cowboys punt it back . That's when I knew the game was not over.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

That was something. I kind of felt they should have gone for it and was a bit suprised they didn't. Big stop by the D and a vintage 4th quarter, come from behind, clutch drive from Brady, ending w/a TD & only 22 ticks left on the clock.

It was nice to win a game without having to score 30+ points to do it.ROmo sure didn't make it easy like he did for the Jet's though. The Pat's actually had to earn it

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

This is a game we would've lost last year.  The defense is improving and getting better week to week.  Very impressed with this win.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from condognh. Show condognh's posts

looks like "the sleeping giant" mhas awaken

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

On a day when Tom & The Offense was at its worst, the Defense was at its best and stepped up.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanWilmingtonDE. Show PatsFanWilmingtonDE's posts

The defense won this game -- and I feel like it's been a long time since we could say that about the Patriots. Very encouraging.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Despite the yardage stat the defense is now down to 23.8 points given up per game. It's a pretty good stat when you consider how much the first two barn burners skewed the numbers up.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

More evidence that "volume" passing stats are utterly meaningless.

I was shocked when I heard that Romo threw for over 300 yards today. Really? Did it seem like he threw for that many? Didn't seem that way to me.

That's going to look bad on the stat sheet--but the "volume" stats are meaningless.

It's all about efficiency: red zone defense, forcing turnovers and making the other team work hard for every point they score.

Great game by the defense, other than some shoddy tackling at times.

I really think they need to get Dowling back after the bye week, because that secondary needs a boost. Hopefully he'll be ready to go after the bye.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2012. Show Evil2012's posts

Great game by the defense, other than some shoddy tackling at times.

That was Bill's 'we still have some things to improve' statement during his post game.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

[QUOTE]Great game by the defense, other than some shoddy tackling at times. That was Bill's 'we still have some things to improve' statement during his post game.
    Posted by Evil2012[/QUOTE]
    Yeah we missed several tackles, Dallas has some serious backs and WR's, huge test and we passed. 2 weeks until Pitt, best time for a bye week, we are bang ed up on D.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

YES THIS GAME ROCKED !!!!!  it was great to see the Defense make plays for us...

i hope this BYE helps Big Al to get healthier, the same for Ras-I and Chung.

DMC is playing poorly, hopes he can turn this the other way !

two weeks to prepare for the steelers !!!! huge conference game

go pats !