Defense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

Defense

Looks like the Pats did not come ready to play tonight. Other than Tate This team looks Pathetic. Late 2nd QRT

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Defense

Well the offense I'm not worried about, they'll get it together and with Brady you'll always have something formidible.

The defense however is it's usual self. They can't pressure, they don't have enough playmakers or difference makers. There's guys that are not playing up to expectations and they did very little to add to it or replace Seymore (not that he would have made much of a difference). Hopefully Cunningham will be the second coming of ...Jesus Christ. And oh yeah, the depth is too young and thin. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3841593. Show user_3841593's posts

well pre season or not this looked awful big deal a few long plays.This was the Rams with a rookie QB made the Pats D look like they didn't know what to do.And the Off. they couldn't do much of anything i hope they where just going through the motion.It took leaveving our first string in to take a lead from the backs pretty bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I wonder if it had anything to do with who started at OLB tonight? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Defense:
    [QUOTE]"depth is too young".  That's a new one. "D is slow and old" - Trolls, 2006-2008.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

Thanks I realize I'm the only one that noticed that. I also notice that they can't pressure, tackle, and do a wonderfull job of getting pushed back. Come to think of it I noticed that you must love the taste of the paint on the Pats bench, because you love to lick anything that has touched any of there bottoms. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]"depth is too young".  That's a new one. "D is slow and old" - Trolls, 2006-2008.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

Could everyone please not upset the ubiquitous omnipotent one. He'll verbally and laughably rip you another one. Get over it, it's preseason. Could be this year's resulting game theme. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Anyone who can't admit the D suckkked tonight has issues. Run D and pass D were not good. Just glad this game did not count.

Also, i can't ever remember the offense going 3 and out on the 1st FOUR SERIES.

And lets not forget the refs, horrible calls all night on both sides, this could be a frustrating year if calls go this bad.

Gronk is the most awesomest TE since Ben Coates.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Defense: We better be ready for some 45-40 type shoot-outs. But after the way last season ended versus Ravens, this did not look good.
    [QUOTE]Looks like the Pats did not come ready to play tonight. Other than Tate This team looks Pathetic. Late 2nd QRT
    Posted by patriots44[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: Defense: Has anyone else noticed that the refs seem to suk in every game I watched in preseason. I hope this does not continue. The umpire behind the O-Line seems to make even more boring, holding calls.
    [QUOTE]Anyone who can't admit the D suckkked tonight has issues. Run D and pass D were not good. Just glad this game did not count. Also, i can't ever remember the offense going 3 and out on the 1st FOUR SERIES. And lets not forget the refs, horrible calls all night on both sides, this could be a frustrating year if calls go this bad. Gronk is the most awesomest TE since Ben Coates.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

If I was to go off what people said last year than the answer is to cut Randy Moss.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Next year we get the replace Richard Seymour with Oaklands draft pick

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

[QUOTE]I am chuckling at insecure tools unable to formulate their opinion on football and need the media to hand feed it to them. I was flashing back and forth watchin the vaunted SB Colts D get absolutely pasted by GBs 1s, 2s and 3s and felt a lot better about an egg laid here last night.   But, let's pretend all teams are clicking on all cylinders. The only tools here are geeks that never left home and live in mommy's basement. Good luck if you ever leave.  You'll need with your IQ issues. What did you rejects do when NE would lose 31-o in preseason games in previous seasons?

What an odd thing to say.  The fact the Colts got pasted made you feel better about the egg the Pats laid last night??? 

Maybe you should take the advice of the almighty BB and just worry about the Pats.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

BUTLER STILL SUX!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

it is the same thing as last year...and what everyone knows except BB: You cant win games if you dont get to the QB! Even the worst QB can find holes in the secondary, if he is not stressed. We need at least two OLB beast to win...and we dont even have one!. The game has developed since the Pats won their Super Bowls, but sadly BB havent change his strategy. You need big time difference makers at defense and offense, not just a bunch of rookies and leftovers from other teams.

Its sad we offer one more year of Brady time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Defense : What an odd thing to say.  The fact the Colts got pasted made you feel better about the egg the Pats laid last night???  Maybe you should take the advice of the almighty BB and just worry about the Pats.
    Posted by Patsman2[/QUOTE]

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Funny.  I don't see you coaching any NFL football.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

It's difficult, trying to remain oblivious to other teams' successes or failures. The focus should be on your own team. The arrogant rants about how great this Pats team is going to be this year is nuts. Now people are ticked off because they're disappointed about a preseason loss and placing the blame on anything but where it should be directed. This is a pretty good football team that needs maturing. Patience my friends.   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I think what I saw made some sense, and is not a disaster.  First off, lets give credit where it's due:  In the parts I saw, we absolutely stoned the run.  Also, Bradford got the ball off exceptionally fast, even for a seasoned vet.  My biggest thought is  young guys need some time.  Which is why the Offense must put points up.  I like alot of things I see on defense, its not coming together quite yet, but it will.  Or, I believe it will.  We got some HORRIBLY bad calls in the 1st quarter, havent watched the whole game, but the parts I saw, lots of poor calls by the refs.
      Didn't like the first team offense much, but same applies to some extent.  and Gronk is ridiculous.  I liked the receivers quite a lot.  And laying an egg now may be JUST the ticket to get guys working together better.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

[QUOTE]I think what I saw made some sense, and is not a disaster.  First off, lets give credit where it's due:  In the parts I saw, we absolutely stoned the run.  Also, Bradford got the ball off exceptionally fast, even for a seasoned vet.  My biggest thought is  young guys need some time.  Which is why the Offense must put points up.  I like alot of things I see on defense, its not coming together quite yet, but it will.  Or, I believe it will.  We got some HORRIBLY bad calls in the 1st quarter, havent watched the whole game, but the parts I saw, lots of poor calls by the refs.   Didn't like the first team offense much, but same applies to some extent.  and Gronk is ridiculous.  I liked the receivers quite a lot.  And laying an egg now may be JUST the ticket to get guys working together better.  
    Posted by TroyBrown80[/QUOTE]At least Ron Brace is making progress. I posted this thread late in the 2nd quarter last night. I did not think it was a disater, but a step back.The talent is there on defense, they just did not come ready to play.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from j24m1. Show j24m1's posts

People should not be allowed to evaluate preseason games. If you can't watch a play and understand the scheme / play-call that a player was involved in when they are involved in the play or lack of, they you really cant evaluate that players performance. 

There was a lot of vanilla on the defense, which is fine, its preseason against the Rams. They seemed to play more like "lets work on specific things" than the first two games where they seemed to make play calls to win. just a personal observation. Offense should put up some serious points this year either way. Brady's accuracy looks much better than last year. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Knee Jerk.  LOL.  Over the last 2 weeks, Young Russ has been singing his teams praises like Romeo to Juliet, but now his tune is, its just preseason. 

Careful Russ, you might tear a ligament.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

russ, i like your optimism, but you cant be happy with the effort. the D looked lifeless and very sloppy, and thats a cause for concern. very similar to last year. perhaps the leadership void is still an issue? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Russ - here were some of your comments last week:

Where does one start with who and what was impressive?  They were better than last week.

Yeah, I expect BB to play a lot of the 2nd and 3rd string earlier in the game to see who dominates for the back up roles, and use that as a way to judge.  The Rams are terrible, so I don't see a need to start the starters past the 1st quarter next week.  I am not as concerned with what people are seeing as negatives (pass rush, DL depth).

I suggest fans watch the Colts against the Bills on NFL Network when they replay it or watch some other preseason games, because this young D is feeling it right now and progressing very well as a unit.

Further - how do you go from NO TEAM GAME PLANS IN THE PRESEASON to:  I wouldn't be surprised if St. Louis put in a game plan for Bradford?  Is your entire life as much of a contradiction as your posts are?