DEFENSE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: DEFENSE

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I never understand how people see a game sometimes. It is very one sided.

Let me try and understand this.

So on the Saints long TD just over the finger tips of Dennerd, the Pats D (to use a few sayings I have read on here) choked, gave up an inexusable TD, almost cost the game, had a bad play, etc. 

Then, on the Pats end of game TD for the win it was a great play by the offense, TB and KT, etc.

So it wasn't a great play by Drew Brees and Kenny Stills?

...and it wasn't a choke, giving up and inexcusable TD by the Saints D, defensive lapse that cost the Saints the game, or a bad play by the Saints?

For me it was simply two future 1st ballot HOFers making unbelievably perfect throws just over the outstretched arms and hands of the defender.

Sometimes you just tip your cap to the other team or player.

[/QUOTE]

That's too much logical sense in what you are saying. Are you sure you are on the right board?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I never understand how people see a game sometimes. It is very one sided.

Let me try and understand this.

So on the Saints long TD just over the finger tips of Dennerd, the Pats D (to use a few sayings I have read on here) choked, gave up an inexusable TD, almost cost the game, had a bad play, etc. 

Then, on the Pats end of game TD for the win it was a great play by the offense, TB and KT, etc.

So it wasn't a great play by Drew Brees and Kenny Stills?

...and it wasn't a choke, giving up and inexcusable TD by the Saints D, defensive lapse that cost the Saints the game, or a bad play by the Saints?

For me it was simply two future 1st ballot HOFers making unbelievably perfect throws just over the outstretched arms and hands of the defender.

Sometimes you just tip your cap to the other team or player.

[/QUOTE]

I thought the Pats had great coverage on that Saints TD. You are absolutely right.  That was just a great play by the receiver on a good throw by Brees. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsmellybear. Show bigsmellybear's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can we finally accept that these guys are really, really good...?

It seemed many "fans", and perhaps rightfully so, wanted to see them play a capable offense. I thought they had answered any questions following the Atlanta game, but, alas, many wanted to see how they'd fare against the vaunted Saints' offense. 

Well, they passed... and in flying colors. Considering the fact that Talib missed nearly all of the 2nd half, and Mayo missed the last few series, makes the performance all the more impressive. When these two went out, they didn't miss a beat. Big time performance against the 2nd-best, arguably THE best, offense in the league.

Let's give this defense their due, and accept that they're a top unit in the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

I would say that this was the game that "proves" the defense is legit. Although the defense gave up the TD to Brees/Stills, the D also came up with two 3-and-outs afterward. Some players gotta get healthy.

[/QUOTE]

You know what proves you're legit as a Pat's fan Bustchise...NOTHING...

You are a Jets troll and the entire board knows it...just a lost jet troll whose home team is dead as the great white whale....When the New Bedford sailor pointed out into the Long Island Sound and shouted "Thar she blows", he meant YOUR New York Jets

[/QUOTE]