Defensive Mindset - McCourty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Defensive Mindset - McCourty

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/patriots/content/20130922-for-third-straight-week-pats-defense-gives-no-quarter.ece

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Re: Defensive Mindset - McCourty

This defense won't win the SB, that's still on Brady's shoulder. But if Brady doesn't score 30 points, it doesn't mean we'll lose. They're good, not great. A 20 PPG defense when it's all said and done, IMHO.

That's better than anything we've had in recent years.

Paul Scholes; He scores goals! (clap) X5

Paul Scholes; he scores goals! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

This defense won't win the SB, that's still on Brady's shoulder. But if Brady doesn't score 30 points, it doesn't mean we'll lose. They're good, not great. A 20 PPG defense when it's all said and done, IMHO.

we will see soon enough how far the d has come

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Great test coming up this week.

"The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming." --- Harvey Dent

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

We'll know over the next three weeks how good the Pats defense really is. Also, just as a good defense helps the offense, a good clock-controlling offense helps the defense.  Time for both sides of the ball to step it up.

Red Sox in 2013 World Series, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I, too, am interested in watching the D in the coming weeks.  No question they've performed well against inconsistent offenses.  Atlanta, Cincy and New Orleans will present some challenges.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2013/09/next_three_opponents_should_test_patriots_improved

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

Paul Scholes; He scores goals! (clap) X5

Paul Scholes; he scores goals! 

I think our D has to be better than 20 ppg this year with our offense but I also dont think its that far fetched. I dont know the #s, but 20 ppg doesnt seem that great. When we were good, we used to hold to 15 ppg. Surely we can acheive 20 ppg. The offense can help by running more as well. I expect that to go up more as it gets colder

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I, too, am interested in watching the D in the coming weeks.  No question they've performed well against inconsistent offenses.  Atlanta, Cincy and New Orleans will present some challenges.

I think Cincy is our real 1st test in terms of seeing a complete team. ATL has made strides but no Stephen Jackson is gonna make it easier and their D isnt dominant like Cincy. I was impressed with what they did vs G.B. , losing the lead and storming back for a win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I think Cincy is our real 1st test in terms of seeing a complete team. ATL has made strides but no Stephen Jackson is gonna make it easier and their D isnt dominant like Cincy. I was impressed with what they did vs G.B. , losing the lead and storming back for a win.

buys the team some more time Laughing

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:

buys the team some more time Laughing

Thats gonna be a good test! The Benny Bowl! If Spikes blows him up and he fumbles?!?  Boy its gonna be funny reading this board the day after.

When Horseface and Butterfingas come back, I am hoping that Spikes De - Cleats Wes and we pick  up his fumble and return it for a TD!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Thats gonna be a good test! The Benny Bowl! If Spikes blows him up and he fumbles?!?  Boy its gonna be funny reading this board the day after.

When Horseface and Butterfingas come back, I am hoping that Spikes De - Cleats Wes and we pick  up his fumble and return it for a TD!

yep, would be nice to see someone strip Law Firm of the ball. I don't care who. But Spikes, I'm sure, would like to say hello....lol