Definition of tragedy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

Definition of tragedy

Words often get used incorrectly and out of context.  But the AH situation is truly a tragedy.

"A drama or literary work in which the main character is brought to ruin or suffers extreme sorrow, especially as a consequence of a tragic flaw, moral weakness, or inability to cope with unfavorable circumstances." 

Except, of course, it's not pretend.

I keep thinking about Lloyd's mom.  When you're a parent, all sorts of awful "what-ifs" regarding your kids play in your head -- from imagining your kid falling down the stairs, to a specific instance like this.  "What must it be like for the parent -- what if that happened to my kid?"  

But my mind keeps shutting down; she has lost her only boy and I can't even get my head around the size of the hole that's in her heart.  And it won't ever go away.  Ever.  When people lose a child, they change; they still live and love and laugh, but they're different.   Often they become better people, kinder, gentler and more patient.  But the sadness never leaves their eyes and it's palpable; you can feel it in the air around them.  

The one thing I can't figure out - it seems like Lloyd was a good guy; maybe some shady stuff will come out, but seems like he wasn't a thug, didn't seem to live on the edge; that's where all this falls apart for me...

Anyway, it's a  tragedy, and so much grief and sadness for so many people to now carry for so long.  

I believe it's important to search out the positive in even the worst situations.  This one is tough.

RIP Odin Lloyd.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Re: Definition of tragedy

In response to fatsam72's comment:

Words often get used incorrectly and out of context.  But the AH situation is truly a tragedy.

"A drama or literary work in which the main character is brought to ruin or suffers extreme sorrow, especially as a consequence of a tragic flaw, moral weakness, or inability to cope with unfavorable circumstances." 

Except, of course, it's not pretend.

I keep thinking about Lloyd's mom.  When you're a parent, all sorts of awful "what-ifs" regarding your kids play in your head -- from imagining your kid falling down the stairs, to a specific instance like this.  "What must it be like for the parent -- what if that happened to my kid?"  

But my mind keeps shutting down; she has lost her only boy and I can't even get my head around the size of the hole that's in her heart.  And it won't ever go away.  Ever.  When people lose a child, they change; they still live and love and laugh, but they're different.   Often they become better people, kinder, gentler and more patient.  But the sadness never leaves their eyes and it's palpable; you can feel it in the air around them.  

The one thing I can't figure out - it seems like Lloyd was a good guy; maybe some shady stuff will come out, but seems like he wasn't a thug, didn't seem to live on the edge; that's where all this falls apart for me...

Anyway, it's a  tragedy, and so much grief and sadness for so many people to now carry for so long.  

I believe it's important to search out the positive in even the worst situations.  This one is tough.

RIP Odin Lloyd.

I agree and it also begs the question how can people who have so much in talent be so far off track.

Lloyd is the victim of a person (friend) who had so much talent was rewarded for that and also had loss in his life (father) as well as what appears to be a good family.

There are two mothers who are left with a lot of questions as well as loss.

How can it have gone so bad?