Knife in the back.  Just like Vinatieri

[/QUOTE]

It's Branch's MO.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Deion Branch signs with Colts?

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Deion Branch hasn't played all year long. This is either the weakest attempt at useless gamesmanship by a hokey franchise or Deion Branch is about to go bankrupt.

I still can't figure out why he would sign for 1 game and expected to be welcomed back anywhere near Gillette Stadium now.

[/QUOTE]

He should have never been welcomed back to Gillette.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Bottom line is Branch heldout before...  so this kind of fits a guy who is more about working every situation to his advantage.  He can catch the ball .  He did have unnatural talent which always made me feel like there would be situations where you want him on the field to make big catches....   That said... Can you turn it on this late in a season...?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to dgreen11211's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That's going to be a strange site - Branch in Foxboro wearing a Colt's uniform...

[/QUOTE]

He lives in Indy.  Not even a change of living quarters is required.

[/QUOTE

....a good point

[/QUOTE]

When Branch move to Indianapolis and why on earth would anyone move there anyway unless they had to?

[/QUOTE]

exactly, I'm sure he could live anywhere he wants.  I'm not sure I would step out of an electric chair to move to that place.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Vinny was worst, Vinny left for Peyton Manning...like another snake.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

good stuff

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's a business, guys. Athletes have to think about financial security too.

Loyalty to an organization is great, but loyalty doesn't pay the mortgage.

Vinatieri helped us win 3 Super Bowls. What more could you possibly want?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

That's going to be a strange site - Branch in Foxboro wearing a Colt's uniform...

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

....a good point

[/QUOTE]

When Branch move to Indianapolis and why on earth would anyone move there anyway unless they had to?

[/QUOTE]

exactly, I'm sure he could live anywhere he wants.  I'm not sure I would step out of an electric chair to move to that place.

[/QUOTE]

nothing like putting it into words...lol.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Two reasons why they signed him, one was because of the concussion Darius Heyward-Bey suffered in the game against KC. So they only had three receivers and Branch serves as insurance, the second reason was of course to try and gain any edge he might provide information wise, before and during the game. Deion Branch is and always will be a Patriot, excuse him if he tries to make a little coin this season as an emergancy WR for one of our opponents.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

....a good point

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He's been in Indy for years.  Even while with the pats.  You are just not that smat rusty.  If memory serves correctly, he went to louisville and married a girl from chicago.  Indy was conveniently in between. 

[/QUOTE]

I am not smart because a Pats player lived in Indy while playing for the Pats?  How does that make sense. I don't know where ANY Pats player lives, so I am supposed to know Deion Branch oddly has a house in Indy? Who the hell would live in Indy over Chicago anyway?

Just catch a flight from MIdway and just be there in Louisville in 40 minutes!  Moronic.

Ugh.

[/QUOTE]
    yep you are not smat b/c you act like you know everything but don't.  lots of people choose indy over chicago.  I know of a former NFL SB MVP for one. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

we thought it was the Colts who were up 1 in this situation but noooo....

BB always has the upper hand ;) sneaky basterd gotta love him! ...................

in all seriousness Branch is washed up

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Benedict Arnold

There's no way he plays.  I'm sure they're signing him to try to gain some competitive edge by getting some insight on the Pats playbook.

It's kind of funny when you bring Collie into the equation.

[/QUOTE]

Insight into what?  The Pats, sans their monster 2 TE tandem, are totally different than when Branch was part of the team.  Besides, when have we ever seen such a signing be integral to the signing team's success?

[/QUOTE]

hasn't stopped those on this site from talking about collie or the availability of Saturday (even if joking).  the colts not only run different systems than they did with collie or saturday, nearly none of the same personnel is left.  those two would be better suited to talk about Manning.

[/QUOTE]

Never implied anything about the Pats.  Just the overall impact of such signings regardless of the team. But, it is funny how often you see signings of this nature when the teams involved are about to play.  Branch the best available for the Colts?

[/QUOTE]

cheapest

[/QUOTE]
    closest

[/QUOTE]

Face it, it'sa gimmick and desperation move and Branch will likely never part of the Pats family again.

His choice.

[/QUOTE]

you mean desparate like when Belichick took Ballard

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Irsay mind games. Damn. DB was one of TB's favorites. Interesting move. Do not hold grudge against Branch.  Sure he would have preferred coming out of moth balls for the Pats.  Just adds more juice to the build up for this game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

....a good point

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    good to know.  Hey could you flip on that light switch next to you for me?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

LOL.

Glad we got Collie back before they tried to get him.

[/QUOTE]

You are correct sir.

The Pats should not have released Collie in the first place.   With all the injuries they had at WR it made no sense.

And no one knew for certain how serious WW's concussion was in Denver either.  I was concerned that the Broncos might have scooped up Collie when he was on the streets and reunited him with PM.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Deion Branch hasn't played all year long. This is either the weakest attempt at useless gamesmanship by a hokey franchise or Deion Branch is about to go bankrupt.

I still can't figure out why he would sign for 1 game and expected to be welcomed back anywhere near Gillette Stadium now.

[/QUOTE]

He should have never been welcomed back to Gillette.

[/QUOTE]
    throttle back on the righteous indignation.  I was bitterly disappointed he left - and it prob cost them 1 or 2 rings - but it's a business. On both sides. 

Dude has a special needs child that will always need expensive care.  always.  I'm not hating on him for doing it. Sorry.  Football ain't life.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I hate the thought of Branch in a Colts jersey, will be hard to watch.  But he is a free agent, the Pats weren't interested in him any longer so I don't blame him one bit for wanting to still play and get paid.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to IrishMob7's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Benedict Arnold

There's no way he plays.  I'm sure they're signing him to try to gain some competitive edge by getting some insight on the Pats playbook.

It's kind of funny when you bring Collie into the equation.

[/QUOTE]

Insight into what?  The Pats, sans their monster 2 TE tandem, are totally different than when Branch was part of the team.  Besides, when have we ever seen such a signing be integral to the signing team's success?

[/QUOTE]

hasn't stopped those on this site from talking about collie or the availability of Saturday (even if joking).  the colts not only run different systems than they did with collie or saturday, nearly none of the same personnel is left.  those two would be better suited to talk about Manning.

[/QUOTE]

Never implied anything about the Pats.  Just the overall impact of such signings regardless of the team. But, it is funny how often you see signings of this nature when the teams involved are about to play.  Branch the best available for the Colts?

[/QUOTE]

cheapest

[/QUOTE]
    closest

[/QUOTE]

Face it, it'sa gimmick and desperation move and Branch will likely never part of the Pats family again.

His choice.

[/QUOTE]
    LOL - whatever!  Do you think Branch cares?  Is Belichick going to send Branch a dead fish?  you are certifiable. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

I am not smart because a Pats player lived in Indy while playing for the Pats?  How does that make sense. I don't know where ANY Pats player lives, so I am supposed to know Deion Branch oddly has a house in Indy? Who the hell would live in Indy over Chicago anyway?

Just catch a flight from MIdway and just be there in Louisville in 40 minutes!  Moronic.

Ugh. 

[/QUOTE]

You are dumb as a bag of rocks. Oh my good god.

Keep going loser you're almost up to 100 posts today!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

C'mon guys, if you had a chance to sign an all expenses deal to get a look at the legendary smokestacks of scenic downtown Indianopolis, you'd do it also: 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

To be fair, Colts fans have eagerly embraced the Branch signing. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

C'mon guys, if you had a chance to sign an all expenses deal to get a look at the legendary smokestacks of scenic downtown Indianopolis, you'd do it also: 

[/QUOTE]
    LOL - that's your best?  Yes, we have a steam power plant in downtown Indianapolis. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I hate the thought of Branch in a Colts jersey, will be hard to watch.  But he is a free agent, the Pats weren't interested in him any longer so I don't blame him one bit for wanting to still play and get paid.

[/QUOTE]

Well said.   This is a football game and he has every right to play in it.  It is a strange move for sure but if Indy and Branch think they can pull this off,  then hats off to them.  Branch can catch footballs.  He was one of the most natural at just catching the ball.  He has great eyesight.  He watches the ball into his hands.  These are things that don't go away as quickly as footspeed.  This is my concern... and why guys like Branch are good to have around.  If he can get open ....  he will catch the ball. 

That is the key.    A slow Branch with Arrington draped all over him will not get wide open.  If Luck forces the ball to him then it could pay off for the Patriots  with maybe some deflected balls in the air to be picked.   If Patriots let Branch dance around in a zone coverage then he could do damage...IMO.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well said.   This is a football game and he has every right to play in it.  It is a strange move for sure but if Indy and Branch think they can pull this off,  then hats off to them.  Branch can catch footballs.  He was one of the most natural at just catching the ball.  He has great eyesight.  He watches the ball into his hands.  These are things that don't go away as quickly as footspeed.  This is my concern... and why guys like Branch are good to have around.  If he can get open ....  he will catch the ball. 

That is the key.    A slow Branch with Arrington draped all over him will not get wide open.  If Luck forces the ball to him then it could pay off for the Patriots  with maybe some deflected balls in the air to be picked.   If Patriots let Branch dance around in a zone coverage then he could do damage...IMO.

[/QUOTE]

Branch has been inactive, the thing that really made him good and valuable with the Patriots is he and TFB had a lot of good chemistry together.  There is no way he just steps in and does well with a new team, new plays, new QB so quickly.  Not going to be a threat against the Pats.  A move by the Colts to get a wr on the roster to fill in for Heyward-Bey and they look like they are pretty desperate in trying to play mind games.  Maybe it would have worked for them 5 years ago but I see it as no big deal now.