Deion Branch to NE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Deion Branch to NE?

According to Breer (2010), Branch is due base salaries of $5.47 million this year and $5.95 million next year, after making $4.94 million last year as part of the six-year, $39 million pact he inked in 2006. Previously, the Seahawks had to worry about dead money -- from a $7 million signing bonus and $6 million option bonus paid in 2007 -- weighing down their cap. Now, with an uncapped environment looming, they can simply cut ties.

What say you about Branch coming to NE?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Re: Deion Branch to NE?

I'd let him try out. He hasn't been healthy or done a damn thing since he left...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

To much money to little health

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

sure....if he doesn't mind signing for the league minimum and playing behind Moss, Welker and Marshall.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

It's always good to bring back old players who since left have barely played due to injuries and when having played, they were ghosts on the field.

Wise business decision.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

He will be when we trade for him.....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

LOL!

Maybe we can get Dallas Clark....he is a Free Agent......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.

Assuming Welker gets back to 70%.

Moss, Welker, Branch, Edelman, Tate, Aiken, Draft pick.

Branch basically plays the Gaffney role, but better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from k-maxx. Show k-maxx's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Caesar..."assuming Welker gets' back to 70%"?? 

Welker at 70% is worthless, and should be held out...before he re-injures himself. Very sorry to say, but get used to the idea that Welker may never be the same player as he was, pre-injury...and will likely miss most of 2010. 

Furthermore, if Deion Branch returns, don't expect to see the Deion of 2004. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Branch could have been used this past week,but as for next year i hope not.he isnt the same player we knew.there are much better fish that will be available.rather free agent or a possible trade.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

It's hard not to say hell yeah because our thoughts about Branch are probably circa 2004. Not the same knee or player I'm afraid. It's time to rebuild, not relive.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

yes if it doesn't strap them for cash for another quality WR

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

yes if it doesn't strap them for cash for another quality WR

You might have a good point here, given the status of his health/knee.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

His numbers have been down, health issues starting to kick in. If the numbers are right he might add some depth to the wr position. I think the team needs some down field speed to stretch things out (ala Donte Stallworth). They need to sign experienced FAs who can produce immediately no draft pick projects (see Chad Jackson) who are always "a year away". 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I agree with k-maxx, he held out while still under contract. The bridge has been burned.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Im not a doctor, but have been a physical therapist for almost 8 years now. I feel Im very good at what I do, but am not stupid and have alot to learn, and am very eager to do so. I work with these injuries often, they are extremely difficult to work through and come back from. Im not sure what kind of tear it was grade 1, 2 , 3, 4, obvi. 4 is the worst to come back from. Also if they found any other damage with other ligs or tendons. If everything goes well, no setbacks, infections, or another tear he'll be back most likely in Dec. If I were him, I really wouldnt try for 2010, its just to risky IMHO. The rehab process is painful, long, and is just as hard mentally as it is physically. Also something to keep in mind is that cutting and sudden movements while in rehab and even sometime afterwards is a big no-no. I think he'll eventually be back, but Ill bet my salary for a year that he wont be the same guy. If hes lucky your looking at 80-85% of what he was. Ok so what were we talking about again lol, ah Deion Branch. No thank you, lol! First off, hes just not that good of a player. Second, hes not consistent or good enough to be a 2. Hes been in the league for almost ten years and has never had a 1000yard season, and worse doesnt put up any points. He had two decent years, and decent is the right word. His best was in 05 with the Pats, 78-998-5 and that was the only year he played all 16 games. Then in 03 he had 57-803-3, the rest of his years are four seasons with 489, 454, 437 and 412 with putrid td numbers. He has two more years with 661 and 725, this guy only has 28 tds his whole career! And third, this guy cant stay healthy at all! Hes missed 27 games in eight years, I wouldnt want him for the minimum, seriously. And having a history with 12 really doesnt mean anything at this point, both are different players, 12 has progressed while Branch has got worse and been injury-prone. I really cant believe that their are people out there suggesting this as a real option. Even with WW at his best this team had only Moss as a consistent scoring threat. Teams are more than happy to give up bubble screens, quick outs and slants and crossing patterns to WW all day. We need someone who takes pressure off of Moss and with WW at his best he couldnt do that for Randy. I really think our O needs big help in the form of a guy who can stretch the field and put up 6 more than 4-5 times a year. So I ask, why not Marshell, really why not. Dont give me all that character BS, none of us know anything about anyones character on this team. And its pretty simple in New England, you act like an azzhole, dont work hard, you dont play. Everyone knows Marshell and Denver are over and theres no debate about his play. Hes been a top 5 guy for the past 3 years and is someone you dont have to worry about as a inconsistent or fluke player. If there are no major injury concerns that we dont know about then theres no reason not to pursue him. The Pats would never give up a number one pick, so that means if they were going to try and get it would be a 2. You wouldnt give up a two for 90-100 catches, 11-1200 yards and 7-10 td's a year. Keep in mind hes playing oppisite the freak, nightmare for opposing teams. Each could conceivably have 12-1300 and 12-15 td's. The other guy I really like is Steve Breaston, hes performed and produced while being the 3rd option behind Fitz and Q. He didnt play much at all his rookie year, but looked very good and has everything it takes to be very good in this league. Hes had over 1700 yards and put up 6 tds in the last two years. He'll be playing with 81, so theres no reason to think that he cant put up 900-1000 yards and grab 6-8 tds. He can stretch the field, hes big/fast, call me crazy, but why not go for both. Moss has about 4 more years of 11-1200 and 12-15 tds left, both Marshell and Breaston are 25 and 26. Their in the primes of their respected careers, both big guys who can catch, put up yak and put up 6. I know most of you will say no way, your crazy, your dreaming, Ill ask again why not. Marshells out of Denver, only a matter of time and Breaston isnt a must keep in Arizona at all. They got Fitz and Q, maybe the best duo right now, and they have Doucet in the waiting. He just had a big game last week. I really dont see it far-fetched at all to try and get both. What are we talking about a 2, 3 , and a 4, maybe another 5. Marshell is worth a 2 and 4, and Breaston is a guy who hasnt shown everything he can do yet, I can see him as a top ten rec. someday. If we do get both and pick up a Back with our first, second, or thrid our O-line is really our only need. Id love for us to use the tight end more or at all, but we havent in twelve years. It might seem crazy now, but theres an actual chance of having Moss/Marshell/Breaston..maybe Walter at rec. and picking up Spiller at 22. Move Light to RT, Seabass at LT and maybe get a guard with our second or third number 2. Yes thats alot of attention paid to the O, but its very possible if your looking to overhaul that side of the ball.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

I would love to have Branch back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Great.  Let's have two receivers with major knee issues.  That should not cause any slippage to the passing attack.

No wait - maybe it would be good.  That way Brady can practice throwing to a receiver with a gimpy knee.  When Welker comes back, the transition will be seamless! 

Love the burning bridge.  Do we really want a guy that had the ugliest hold-out in Pats history, who by the way, has done diddly since?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

And for those who like nostalgia, I heard "Jersey Boys" is a really rockin' good-ole'-time-of-a-show and it is on tour. Woohoooooo!

(barf, barf, barf)