Deja Vu: The Start of a 14 Game Winning Streak?????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Deja Vu: The Start of a 14 Game Winning Streak?????

I have been banging on this drum for a while, and I'm going to keep banging. Consider:

-Coming off a playoff-less season because Brett Favre blew a game at the end of the year he should have won.
    -Bill has a ton of draft picks and uses most of them on making an aging defense young.
    -Bill jettisons Lawyer Milloy, a defensive leader of the team.
    -Pats start the year with injuries all over the place, forcing them to play those younger players right away.
    -Pats start the year slowly, 2-2 out of the gates. Brady looks average, throwing 3 picks in a game against Washington, led by Champ Bailey. People start wondering if the Pats made the right choice in keeping Brady over Bledsoe.
    -An AFC West and South team grab all the headlines (KC and Indy).
    -Pats win their next game against Tennessee. The never lose again.

-Coming off a playoff-less season because Brett Favre blew a game at the end of the year he should have won.
    -Bill has a ton of draft picks and uses most of them on making an aging defense young.
    -Bill jettisons Richard Seymour, a defensive leader of the team.
    -Pats start the year with injuries all over the place, forcing them to play those younger players right away (Light, Mayo, Sanders, Taylor, Welker)
    -Pats start the year slowly, 3-2 out of the gates. Brady looks average, missing wide-open receivers against NY, then Denver, led by Champ Bailey. People start wondering if the Pats made the right choice in keeping Brady over Cassel.
    -An AFC West and South team grab all the headlines (Denver and Indy).
    -Pats win their next game against Tennessee. 

?????? I mean, it is just the rantings of a mad man, but it does seem eerily similar. To me at least.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: Deja Vu: The Start of a 14 Game Winning Streak?????

Good observation. You are either very bored or very stoned. At least that's the only way I ever figure s h i t like that out. It's eerie, isn't it. They say history repeats itself, and they're right. A lot is just people making the same stupid mistakes over and over. But there is a lot of serendipity floating around. Magic can reinvent itself. I hadn't thought about the Brett Favre angle, though. How about another coincidence? Two games Favre lost but should have one was the difference between playoffs or vacation. But a third game Brett blew could have also changed Patriots (and NFL) history. Had the Packers went down and scored in OT in the NFCCG, 19-0 might have been a reality. It would have been a better matchup in Arizona. I knew I didn't like that bum for some reason! Let's hope the "ranting of a mad man" turn out to be the wisdom of Nostradomus! Let's roll!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

I had thought that it was awful similar to the 2003 season so far, so i've been holding onto a sense of security about this year and hoping we finish 14-2 or 13-3 and repeating the magic of that year. 

Who knows tho, I guess we'll see in Feb.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

I would love to see it happen but unlikely. We got Miami, Colts, Jets, Saints and Miami for the 5 games after the bye, thats some stretch of physical football(except for the ''soft'' Colts), winning 4 of those 5 would be great, winning 3 of those 5 would be more likely, after those 5 games i think we can win the last 4 against Carolina, Bills, Jags and Texans, so a 12 - 4 record is a more reasonable win total.

BUT, i'll be happy to hear you say '' i told you so'' if the 14-0 run happens.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: Deja Vu: The Start of a 14 Game Winning Streak?????:
    [QUOTE]I would love to see it happen but unlikely. We got Miami, Colts, Jets, Saints and Miami for the 5 games after the bye, thats some stretch of physical football(except for the ''soft'' Colts), winning 4 of those 5 would be great, winning 3 of those 5 would be more likely, after those 5 games i think we can win the last 4 against Carolina, Bills, Jags and Texans, so a 12 - 4 record is a more reasonable win total. BUT, i'll be happy to hear you say '' i told you so'' if the 14-0 run happens.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09[/QUOTE]

I think it's worth pointing out here, as underdogg has been so kind as to inform us, only standing toe-to-toe with the mighty Colts is sufficiently traumatic so as to "soften up" the normally rugged denizens of the NFL. Ergo, as the Colts never have to play the Colts -- they are not now, nor can ever be, "soft."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

I agree with the premise of this post, and had made a similar observation to the Colts clown Underdogg.......here's hoping the Pats take care of business against Miami after the bye going into the Dolts game( I think the game against the Bucs is a forgone conclusion:))

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

OK, so they have one win to support this theory.  It's something worth mentioning but that was, to say the least, a different team.  I can't even think of more than a handful of players who remain from the roster. 

Still, the culture of this organization isn't really to go 16-0 as the did a few years ago - it is to prepare for Sunday and play your best when January rolls around.  In that way, every week they aren't like other teams in that they truly get better week to week - especially this season with so many questions being answered as time expires.

I'm hopeful for 13-3 or 12-4...I think it's within the realm of possibility but only if they continue to play at the same level as they did Sunday against more worthy opponents.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

It will be tough to play both the Colts and Saints in their home and come away with 2 wins.  If we do that, we're ready to beat a path to the Lombardi.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: Deja Vu: The Start of a 14 Game Winning Streak?????:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Deja Vu: The Start of a 14 Game Winning Streak????? : I think it's worth pointing out here, as underdogg has been so kind as to inform us, only standing toe-to-toe with the mighty Colts is sufficiently traumatic so as to "soften up" the normally rugged denizens of the NFL. Ergo, as the Colts never have to play the Colts -- they are not now, nor can ever be, "soft."
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

Hey Mike, maybe they soften each other in practice--or afterSmile

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I think I'm going to have to hope that someone beats the Broncos in the playoffs if the Patriots make it, but I think the number two seed is feasible if the Patriots win out - I could see the Ravens beating the Colts when they play later this year and a head to head victory would give the Pats the edge.

I'm getting ahead of myself, though.  I think 12-4 would be more realistic, and I think if they made the playoffs, they'd have to go on the road each of the final two rounds through Denver and/or Indianapolis.