Demps Absent, Blount Better Deal?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

Demps Absent, Blount Better Deal?

Demps is a no show so far. Also cost us a 7th. As of now, Blount was the better half of the deal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000232063/article/bucs-greg-schiano-not-waiting-around-for-jeff-demps

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Re: Demps Absent, Blount Better Deal?

Demps was going to probably get cut anyway and the reason why I say this is because his priority isn't football.  The Pats demand this.  I don't know if Demps is going to quit track or not and if he comes in he'll come in light.  

On the other hand I think Tampa was going to dump Blount.  He's a bit of a bonehead.  There were articles about the Bucs dummying down the play book for him.  So I see the exchange of two teams that were going to get rid of a RB and what the hey, go ahead and do a trade and see what happens.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Towelie-Toke. Show Towelie-Toke's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

Demps was going to probably get cut anyway and the reason why I say this is because his priority isn't football.  The Pats demand this.  I don't know if Demps is going to quit track or not and if he comes in he'll come in light.  

On the other hand I think Tampa was going to dump Blount.  He's a bit of a bonehead.  There were articles about the Bucs dummying down the play book for him.  So I see the exchange of two teams that were going to get rid of a RB and what the hey, go ahead and do a trade and see what happens.  

Maybe Blount is a bone head. who knows. I liked what I've seen so far.  Don't know if Blount will make the cut - but I think I'd rather have Blount vs. Tebow.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Geez,  I don't understand the Tebow thing at all at this point.

Blount isn't going to see a lot of field time with Ridley and Vereen ahead of him.  It's nice though to have someone who can play smashmouth if it comes down to that.  Plus, it's football first with him. I feel Blount should make the cut.  He serves a purpose.  He's better suited here getting a fresh start as Demps is with Tampa.  Blount burned some bridges there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Demps would not beat out Washington as the return guy . . . as a running back Demps at best would only back up Vereen because Vereen has better hands, better open field moves and is a better blocker . . . Demps has the best straight ahead speed but so what?  Blount should make this team as the short yardage back and he can play some special teams and I'm pretty sure that Demps would not have made this team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

One guy is fighting for a spot, the other didn't report...Pats win.

Zach "Don't call me 'Suddsy'" Sudfeld

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

The Bucs used the 7th rounder they got in the deal to move up to the 6th and take RB Mike James who will be better than Blount or Demps. Blount is a tease, you'll see (if he makes it).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Towelie-Toke's comment:

Demps is a no show so far. Also cost us a 7th. As of now, Blount was the better half of the deal.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000232063/article/bucs-greg-schiano-not-waiting-around-for-jeff-demps

NOTHING trumps the "lightening in the bottle" impact that Demps' world class speed brings to the game. I say he would have made the team and would have contributed adequately. BUT, the alternative that Blount brings is a NASTY factor to the offense that we lack without Gronk out there. Blount runs angry. He delivers hits and is strong enough to break some tackles. While both Demps and Blount would have been contributors on our team, I personally like having a mean, angry, nasty, tough guy to take some finness off of the offense's personality. Gimme Blount.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Let demps get hit before he is better then josh cribs or Hester   Blount is the type of back we need Thursday. Pound the heck out of Suh and co. Then play action in the second half.  I see Blount making the team. I think the Tebow spot should go to the 6 th RB or the 4th TE till Gronk comes back. Smash mouth early and often. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

The Patriots took a look to see if Demps would be a football-first guy with world class speed ... turns out he sees himself as a track guy who likes to play football and therefore doesn't offer enough value to a Super Bowl focused team.

Running backs get dinged up during the course of an NFL season. They won't all dress on game day, but having four solid backfield guys may very well come in handy at some point this season. Hopefully, we won't lose anyone to suspension.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

wow your a little late! There was a thread on this over a month ago when training camp began!

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I'll say this about Demps, we all know he has world class speed, but the thing I was impressed with is that it translates to the football field. There aren't too many guys on the planet that can do that - the thing is...he blew it. He had a opportunity to get better here when we stashed him away on th IR last year, but instead of getting better he decided he wanted to run track. If this guy had done all he was supposed to do here and improved, he would of had a chance to be something. What kind of contract could an electrifying player receive as a young kick returner and third down back? He probably could of got his hands on 10-15 million down the road if he did his part.

As for Blount...hey at least we got something and who knows? He might just help us.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Blount may have his issues , but being as he isnt the starter, I think he should stick and his presence could go a long way in making this run game effective. I esp. want him available in postseason as a bruiser who isnt going to shy from contact and get yards in different ways. He is very nimble for a big man and doesnt just run into the line, He will break it outside if its there. Very creative runner. I want him here and cut Bolden and Tebow

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

If it came down between a choice of Blount vs. Bolden or Blount vs. Tebow,

I'd take Blount.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2013/08/legarrette_blount_brandon_bolden_battle_it_out

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

The Bucs used the 7th rounder they got in the deal to move up to the 6th and take RB Mike James who will be better than Blount or Demps. Blount is a tease, you'll see (if he makes it).

Muz

Were you saying that Blount isn't the power running back that Corey Dillon was? If so, can you elaborate?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

as anxious as the PAts were to move Demps, the BUcs were just as anxious to move Blount