DEMPS VIDEO - few broken ankles- best gettign him the ball in space

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

DEMPS VIDEO - few broken ankles- best gettign him the ball in space

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MtZuMtBYPc&feature=player_embedded#!

this one is even better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&NR=1&v=i6PQ09oTu-4

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Re: DEMPS VIDEO - few broken ankles- best gettign him the ball in space

Thats pretty sweet, especially the 2nd one. He's doing this mainly against SEC teams, which all have fast players. On the kickoffs it looks like he's way up field before coverage, deadly on screens, and very good at getting to the corner. Our offense may be the best ever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: DEMPS VIDEO - few broken ankles- best gettign him the ball in space:
    [QUOTE]Thats pretty sweet, especially the 2nd one. He's doing this mainly against SEC teams, which all have fast players. On the kickoffs it looks like he's way up field before coverage, deadly on screens, and very good at getting to the corner. Our offense may be the best ever.
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

+1
    def exciting if mcd uses these offensive weapons well.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Wow he's fast.  I'm not sure he can get back into football in time to make the roster but if he can he's certainly a big play threat whenever the ball is in his hands.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

he has a burst we havent seen on KR's in a long time! Not even Brandon Tate had that exposivness. Looking forward to seeing in a Pats uniform!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Boy this guy is fast, I don't think I've seen too many guys be able to beat guys that have an angle on you like he does. I'm not saying he'll be a running back in the NFL, because unlike this video, you don't just get to run for daylight in space very often in the NFL, but he should be able to return kicks and catch some passes.

Can you imagine this guy catching a pass in space when they are double covering Gronk or Welker?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I originally had the Kick return game as a weakness....not anymore.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: DEMPS VIDEO - few broken ankles- best gettign him the ball in space:
    [QUOTE]Boy this guy is fast, I don't think I've seen too many guys be able to beat guys that have an angle on you like he does. I'm not saying he'll be a running back in the NFL, because unlike this video, you don't just get to run for daylight in space very often in the NFL, but he should be able to return kicks and catch some passes. Can you imagine this guy catching a pass in space when they are double covering Gronk or Welker?
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I like that he's got a little bit of shake too . . . definitely looks like an effective kick returner.  If he's got decent hands and can pass block, he could be a very useful addition as a passing-down back/receiver.  Blocking and catching skills are so important though if he's going to have a role as a passing-down back.  We'll have to look for that over the next few weeks. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to "Re: DEMPS VIDEO - few broken ankles- best gettign him the ball in space": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: DEMPS VIDEO - few broken ankles- best gettign him the ball in space : I like that he's got a little bit of shake too . . . definitely looks like an effective kick returner.  If he's got decent hands and can pass block, he could be a very useful addition as a passing-down back/receiver.  Blocking and catching skills are so important though if he's going to have a role as a passing-down back.  We'll have to look for that over the next few weeks.  Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE] Yeah, that would be awesome if he had skills catching the ball. People think that if you can catch a ten yard swing pass, you can be a third down back...not true. There is so much that goes into that position...blocking, running routes, timing, reading coverage, and finally being able to make all sorts of catches. We were saying for years that if we could get Maroney the ball in space via passes, he'd be deadly...obviously it takes some smarts and skill...two things Maroney wasn't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

He looks ridiculously fast, and explosive. My only concern (like others) is his size. Can he hold up to the beatings he'll take in the NFL? That's if anyone can catch him!! LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]I originally had the Kick return game as a weakness....not anymore.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

Not sure if there is any weaknesses anymore.  Above average in every category, if Demps steps in as a day one return man and is effective in that role.  The secondary should play better as well with some help from more pass-rush. 

I'm not reading too much into the O-line at the moment. 

The Pats are looking deep, talented, young and fast. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DEMPS VIDEO - few broken ankles- best gettign him the ball in space : Not sure if there is any weaknesses anymore.  Above average in every category, if Demps steps in as a day one return man and is effective in that role.  The secondary should play better as well with some help from more pass-rush.  The Pats are looking deep, talented, young and fast. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

I think so too, all we need is to get the o-line guys healthy and they are set. The media is still going to beat up on the defense for a while but who cares, they will be proven wrong. Belichick has addressed every need of this team. Can't wait for this season to start.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DEMPS VIDEO - few broken ankles- best gettign him the ball in space : I think so too, all we need is to get the o-line guys healthy and they are set. The media is still going to beat up on the defense for a while but who cares, they will be proven wrong. Belichick has addressed every need of this team. Can't wait for this season to start.

My brother just got DirectTV, guess we're I'll be on Sunday's if I'm not working. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DEMPS VIDEO - few broken ankles- best gettign him the ball in space : My brother just got DirectTV, guess we're I'll be on Sunday's if I'm not working. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Nice! I'm going to have to do that too, living in LA it's always a hassle finding a place to see the game, unless it's on National TV. They like to show the Chargers or Raiders out here.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DEMPS VIDEO - few broken ankles- best gettign him the ball in space :   Nice! I'm going to have to do that too, living in LA it's always a hassle finding a place to see the game, unless it's on National TV. They like to show the Chargers or Raiders out here.

I hear ya man.  I mean the NFL should do their fans a favor and offer similar packages to other cable carriers.  I mean, it's not like we won't pay.  I pay 100bucks a month for internet and TV right now.  That's enough for me.  Direct is 60 for the first year, and then 100 for the second year without internet.  Then there is an early termination fee if you leave..  I want it, but I have a good deal in place.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Boy this guy is fast, I don't think I've seen too many guys be able to beat guys that have an angle on you like he does. I'm not saying he'll be a running back in the NFL, because unlike this video, you don't just get to run for daylight in space very often in the NFL, but he should be able to return kicks and catch some passes. Can you imagine this guy catching a pass in space when they are double covering Gronk or Welker?
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

gronk welker and hern...yeah thats a lot of weaponry.
    though he can run, id make him a receiver not a back, or when a back receive a screen, i wouldnt want  him to get destroyed. his speed is too valuable.
    imagine them 4 wide with vereen or ridley in the backfield?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I originally had the Kick return game as a weakness....not anymore.
    Posted by tcal2-[/QUOTE]

exaclty. it was a huge need not accomplioshed in offseason till now.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: DEMPS VIDEO - few broken ankles- best gettign him the ball in space": Yeah, that would be awesome if he had skills catching the ball. People think that if you can catch a ten yard swing pass, you can be a third down back...not true. There is so much that goes into that position...blocking, running routes, timing, reading coverage, and finally being able to make all sorts of catches. We were saying for years that if we could get Maroney the ball in space via passes, he'd be deadly...obviously it takes some smarts and skill...two things Maroney wasn't.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

"Yeah, that would be awesome if he had skills catching the ball."
    did you read my post about him playing wr and rb in college?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]He looks ridiculously fast, and explosive. My only concern (like others) is his size. Can he hold up to the beatings he'll take in the NFL? That's if anyone can catch him!! LOL
    Posted by tanbass[/QUOTE]

i would prefer not to line him up, except for the swing pass. dfe not up the middle

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Last year he had one kickoff returned for a TD, 99 yards, and in the other 9 returns he averaged only about 16 yards/return against college kids . . . not that good folks.  Yes, he is fast and I hope he makes it and makes it big for the Pats but I'm not sure he is going to be the next Devin Hester.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Every NFL defense has its weaknesses.  If a particular kickoff coverage team doesn't have good ankles, if a cornerback or safety has lost a step, if their punter takes a tiny fraction of a second too long, if they are concentrating on (choose 3) Gronk, Hernandez, Lloyd and Welker, then BB has Demps to exploit their weakness.   Other teams will have great cornerback coverage, in which case BB goes with the heavyfoot.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I know these are highlights, but I am concerned about his running to the outside and making nothing out of nothing at all (that sounds like an 80's song!)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DEMPS VIDEO - few broken ankles- best gettign him the ball in space : My brother just got DirectTV, guess we're I'll be on Sunday's if I'm not working. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

Moving into my own place and getting DirectTV!  Never have had it....No more sports bars without volume!  DVR, freeze, rewind, play, and fast forward!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: DEMPS VIDEO - few broken ankles- best gettign him the ball in space : Moving into my own place and getting DirectTV!  Never have had it....No more sports bars without volume!  DVR, freeze, rewind, play, and fast forward!
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

And annoying fans of other teams. The Patriots are not too popular at sports bars outside of NE, for obvious reasons. Seems like there are more Steeler fans, at least in some of the places that I've been to. DirectTV is definitely the way to go.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Bah I like the enemies giving me crap, I enjoy it.  Particularly steeler fans :)