Dennard arrested on suspicion of dui.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Re: Dennard arrested on suspicion of dui.....

Well to rusty about the blood test in this state its your choice to have one and they arent going to wait for a lawyer to show up cause thier going to bring you there asap so your blood alchol level doesn't go down.It would be harder to prove in the courts if they waited.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Pardon if someone brought this up. But why on Earth is he still hanging out in Lincoln? Is he required to as part of his probation? I imagine he has to check in, but can't he at least move on up the road to Omaha or down to KC. I would imagine all the cops know who he is and know his car in Lincoln.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Well if your on probation you have to let them know where you live. if you move out of that juristion they will trans for you to a new probation office.Now if you move out of state I heard that more or luckly the other state wont pick up the probation cause they dont get any cost out of it or something like that or just dont want to deal with it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

The one thing about all this... Pats picked him in 7th round... he started games last season and did well. Not usual for a rookie 7th rounder.

If he is gone from Pats he is gone...it is a 7th rounder not a first rounder they missed on. Keep some perspective when bashing the Pats.

I think if he did do it and the Pats can find out through results on tests and he is going away, even if it is for 30 days, then they should trade him or release him, but don't suit him up again in a Pats uniform. This would definately show the Pats are serious about managing their image and won't accept bad decisions no matter the player.

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

This is a joke, right? I mean this is the same guy that half the board thought was innocent when he punched a cop in the face drunk. This is the same guy who is going to jail next year and he gets nailed for drunk driving? This guy plays on a team that gave him a golden oppurtunity and he does this? Has the guy watched the news? Does he not know that this team already has a tiny bit of bad press and a very short leash for player stupidity right now? If this happened in Nebraska you can bet the cops are on the lookout for this, "he's a nice kid, he only got in trouble once, it wasn't his fault, kid". 

Live by the Thug, die by the Thug.  The guy is a POS.  You don't draft a kid who assaults a Police Officer.....PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Horrible/Desperate GM'ing going on

We have become the Cincinnati Bengals

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Live by the Thug, die by the Thug.  The guy is a POS.  You don't draft a kid who assaults a Police Officer.....PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure Kraft and Belichick are p!ssed and will probably release him in the wake of Hernandez because Dennard betrayed their trust. But, it would be an overreaction, just like this post.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm sure Kraft and Belichick are p!ssed and will probably release him in the wake of Hernandez because Dennard betrayed their trust. But, it would be an overreaction, just like this post.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's hard for you to see the trend though those Rose colored glasses.  Wake up, this is a huge Public Affairs Nightmare for the team and the league.  We just went from one of the most respected and highly ranked Sports franchise valued at over $1 Billion to a freaking laughing Stock. 

Watch the team value and ranking drop now.  Kraft is going to *hit.  The Patriot Brand is more valuable to the Kraft's than any Coach.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Maybe it's hard for you to see the trend though those Rose colored glasses.  Wake up, this is a huge Public Affairs Nightmare for the team and the league.  We just went from one of the most respected and highly ranked Sports franchise valued at over $1 Billion to a freaking laughing Stock. 

Watch the team value and ranking drop now. Kraft is going to *hit.  The Patriot Brand is more valuable to the Kraft's than any Coach.

While I agree about Kraft, this is nothing another deep playoff run won't cure.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

I would say it's a prima facia case of "not being able to cure STOOOOOOPIDDDDDD!"

On the stupid scale of 1-10, this is an 11.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to UD6's comment:

This kid isn't bright in the least. Punching an undercover cop once completely stupid but at his age forgivable, but now a dui in less than 15months since the other incident? I know the kid is young but really? You go out and get a dui after being convicted of punching a cop right after Hernandez gets arrested and released? Not bright at all. Now I think he deserves to get a 4 games suspension easily and I'm on the edge of just saying drop the kid. But, there is a huge difference between stupidity of a young kid and being criminally psychotic. The question now is, what in his past will tip the balance from just young stupidity to a pattern of behavior? Unfortunately as fans we don't have access to that info, much like we didn't have with Hernandez until he was arrested. Personally I wouldn't be upset if Dennard was released or just suspended by the team for 4 games depending on what they know about the kid.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

They know that before they drafted him that he punched a cop.  Now maybe as a first offense they thoght he would be treated leniently.  They now know he's got a second offense in less than 2 years that he is facing. 

Money and celebrity has the ability to change people.  What he may have been before, he no longer is.  I assume that if the kid is talented enough, they will not cut him, because if they do, some other team will pick him up, just as the pats acquired the talented but troubled Talib. 

This is nothing new in the NFL, but we can now dispense with the Patriot Way stuff.  Its over. 

Sure, can you admit the Colts intentionally tanked a season to get Luck?

Of course they knew he punched a cop before the draft. Why do you think a round 2 talent fell to the 7th round? The question is whether it was an isolated incident or not, which is something we as fans don't know. Maybe it's where I grew up but kids do stupid things and punching a undercover cop once when you're drunk and there is mass confusion because of the atmosphere of a fight outside is stupid yes but it's not the same as someone walking up to a cop car and pounding a cop repeatedly. Point being stupid yes but something you can chalk up to young stupidity. Getting a DUI same thing. Another completely stupid move by far and away but can be young stupidity. However, a pattern is starting to form. If there were other incidents we as fans don't know about before these incidents then to me that's a strong enough indication it's more than young stupidity and the kid just won't get it, they should cut him. But, if these are isolated incidents by themselves than far worse acts have been done by players around the league. If not for timing, this would be something you bring the kid in, sit him down, suspend him, and hope it doesn't happen again. All I'm saying is if it's a pattern then the kid needs to go otherwise suspend him and hope it gets through his thick skull

Doltz fans don't understand the Patriot Way, it's not about being saints it's about not talking to the press, it's about next Man Up.  Someone gets hurt or goes to jail, someone else stands up and does their job.  How many of the Pats current players have been talking about Hern to the Press...None that's right! 

I'd bet every play has been contacted for a statement about AH, was he a nice guy was he friendly.  You have heard nothing from anyone.  Tebow ex-college teammate there has got to be a waiting list of reporters wanting to talk to him.  Have you seen them on ESPN, NESN, no and you won't.

Any other team out there you'd see a slew of player getting their 15 minutes talking about what a scary dude he was or how they're not surprise.  Go Pats next man up, no tanking like the Doltz

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

Who,s Next, Chit Happens In 3,s....Not A Good Thing......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I guess before I cut the guy, I want to know a bit more about the facts. Did he blow a .08 or a point .20? 

Would we be talking about cutting him if Hernandez was still just #81 on the roster and not Tony Montana?

Dennard is Moby Dick to the Lincoln PD. He's the number one target of every cop on the force there. He was convicted of A&B on one of their own and he got off easy because he's an NFL player. I want him in jail where he belongs, if I'm a cop in Lincoln. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I guess before I cut the guy, I want to know a bit more about the facts. Did he blow a .08 or a point .20? 

Would be talking about cutting him if Hernandez was still just #81 on the roster and not Tony Montana?

Dennard is Moby Dick to the Lincoln PD. He's the number one target of every cop on the force there. He was convicted of A&B on one of their own and he got off easy because he's an NFL player. I want him in jail where he belongs, if I'm a cop in Lincoln. 

As far as I know he refused the breathalyzer. The officer saw him swerving, pulled him over...he then refused the breathalyzer. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Question: If the Ravens cut Jimmy Smith, what would you want the Pats to do:

A: Stay away, his record is even worse than Dennard and therefore he's clearly a worthless human being, let Miami take him.

B: Pick him up, he's good and we need all the talented DBs we can get.

C: Stay away because we don't need him/he's not better than what we already have.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

I don't think it is as much BB desperation to take these types of players as it is a result of a shift in society away from traditional morals, family values, and a general willingness to DO THE RIGHT THING. There are so many more talented athletes who are undiscilplined these days due to the culture shift away from family and discipline. You know divorce, time-out instead of spankings, more of a sense of entitlement because parents are spoiling their talented kids and making them feel like they have earned the right to get good stuff like big paydays and special treatment vs explaining that they need to appreciate the opportunities they are given in life and be that much more dilligent in respecting how fortunate they are to be at the elite level in their craft, no respect for the accomplishment, MEDIA, especially music and TV galmorizing the "GANGSTA" culture, blah blah blah.....So many of these kids are growing up the wrong way, therefore more of them are undisciplined and getting in trouble. A sign of the times. Say GOODBYE to Mr. Dennard. WE HAVE NO CHOICE.

Yeah, the world is going to hell in a handbasket faster these days. But BB has slowly but surely taken on known bad boys. I think it is clear that is caused by ineffetive drafting. He has a whole slew of failed high draft picks over the years. You just can't miss that much and not try something to compensate. He has compensated for those fails by taking bad boys and hoping his system can more or less fix them. Problem with that is the very same players he inherited that got old are no longer there and the missed draft picks that might have replaced that leadership void and keep that system strong enough to rehab these guys is a shadow of it's former self. To lead, you have to be a very good player. We don't have enough of them anymore.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Well there goes a starting cb and depth. Glass I Dowling better 'man up' ..............

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Agree with that Babe.

russ's argument about bb's stellar drafting from 10-12 is starting to crumble one player ara time. If you mix in the oft injured Gronk and yet to see the field dowling, those drafts are really not as good as russ seems to think. 

Even if dennard is cut, I think we may be okay. We can hope on Ras, Arrington can play the slot well enough and maybe one of the Rutgers kids can work out. All assuming Talib stays healthy as well. If not, the house of cards collapses. 

Bb is still a good GM and great coach. But more than ever now he is not above reproach. He has proved mortal as much as almost any other of the good gm's in this league.

once again, a decent offseason at the start has turned sour. Years past it was the over priced, washed up free agents, this year we lose a starting TE and possibly cb. Not good.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

" I think it is clear that is caused by ineffetive drafting. He has a whole slew of failed high draft picks over the years"

Though you can also argue he has done well in the high picks sometimes, and has perhaps traded down too much. 

Drafting low character guys (or with suspected issues) is part of how BB took his value philosophy and essentially expanded it further. Remember Gronk comes from the value part of drafting folks who dropped because they were injured. In a pure football sense that's just as bad as drafting a bad character guy who can't perform because he is locked up or suspended. 

I would also add that in a few cases, BB has been forced to draft unathletic players because he had to prioritize drafting players who were willing to pretend they are in a PhD program learning his playbooks and schemes. 

At any rate it's been a very rough summer for BB, and you can even argue that he has been exposed on some level. Certainly his approach is going to come under a microscope now, including Bob Kraft's. And I'm not talking about the media hype microscope, Im talking about the savvy microscope of those who understand this team is not as good as it should be.

But - in fairness to him we need to see this season play out first. But at the moment it looks like he has failed to equip Brady with a Super Bowl caliber team...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

The NCAA has got to get a hold of this problem which clearly is rooted by entitled Millennials at the college level.

The NCAA, the agents, the process of soliciting the players, etc, is something the NFL and NCAA must work together on in the future, or this kind of stuff will keep happening.

All of this is with YOUNGER players, if you notice. Positive PED tests, violence off the field, DUIs, etc, all younger players in the league. Not a coincidence.  It goes more than just "or, they're immature", too. 

Entitlement. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

[QUOTE]

AH and Dennard should take Judge Mellon's advice in 1920's to a criminal in his court  " get a gun and kill yourself"

So youre saying Dennard should kill himself because he is under suspiscion for a DUI? Dramatic much?

[/QUOTE]

no not dramatic...TSWFAN is one of those rightwingnuts who thinks everything is black and white and feels manly talking tough law and order bulls**t

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to russgriswold's comment:

[QUOTE]

The NCAA has got to get a hold of this problem which clearly is rooted by entitled Millennials at the college level.

The NCAA, the agents, the process of soliciting the players, etc, is something the NFL and NCAA must work together on in the future, or this kind of stuff will keep happening.

All of this is with YOUNGER players, if you notice. Positive PED tests, violence off the field, DUIs, etc, all younger players in the league. Not a coincidence.  It goes more than just "or, they're immature", too. 

Entitlement. 

Why does Belichick keep drafting, signing or trading for such terrible people?

Haynesworth, Dennard, Hernandez, Talib...the legacy continues.

[/QUOTE]

Not commenting to you NaS but saw you quoted Rusty (have him on ignore) and I honestly can't believe he said that. God knows any athlete born before the 80's never got in trouble (90's Cowboys *caugh*, early 90's Patriots cociane team *caugh*). But you know no player born prior to the 80's committed murder or tried to and failed (*caugh* OJ, Ray Lewis, Robert Rozier, Ugueth Urbina *caugh*), drug trafficing (*cough* Mercury Morris, Ryan Leaf, Travis Henry *cough*), committed assault (Mike Tyson) or was ever arrested for dui (*cough* every dallas football player pre-95). Yep, just us entitled millennials. 

[/QUOTE]

ignore Queenie

he is just feeling old and turning into his parents-he is staring at 40 and can't handle it

plus he's from the generation that gave us drama queen whining, ecstasy, slacking, grunge (one big decade long whine), dirty ripped flannels and jeans as a fashion statement and other great additions to our nation

Generation X: the USELESS generation

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Would we be talking about cutting him if Hernandez was still just #81 on the roster and not Tony Montana?

I have to admit, I'd like to see the dashcam video of the traffic stop, and video from the station when they brought him in.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

he is just feeling old and turning into his parents-he is staring at 40 and can't handle it

plus he's from the generation that gave us drama queen whining, ecstasy, slacking, grunge (one big decade long whine), dirty ripped flannels and jeans as a fashion statement and other great additions to our nation

Generation X: the USELESS generation

Wait wait wait wait wait!

Gen X is a good generation.  You can complain about the early 90's flannel style (not dirty or ripped, not sure where you got that), but you can't complain about Pearl Jam's "10" or Nirvana's "Nevermind".  Ecstasy might have come around, but so did craft beers.  Slacking (assuming you're referring to layabouts or procrastination) wasn't invented by us.