Dennard Injures Hamstring, Fells shin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Dennard Injures Hamstring, Fells shin

"Hooman" may go into quick duty.
    can we keep any backup tes healthy?
    seems to be a disease that hits pats backup tes (the injury bug)

on dennard, it never ceases to amaze me that a professional athlete deoesnt properly condition his hamstrings. lets hope its a minor tweek or we may nto see this guy for a while.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Dennard Injures Hamstring, Fells shin

I think hamstrings are just something that happens to guys that have legs that muscular and run that much. You know these guys are professionally trained and stretch like crazy - it makes no difference when you have to run full blast down the field and change direction in a fraction of a second - hamstrings will pop. Some guy's muscles are just too tight.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

And once they pop it seems like they never quite heal.  Dennard hurt his in camp, if I'm not mistaken.  Look for it to be a problem all season.  He may even end up on IR. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I think hamstrings are just something that happens to guys that have legs that muscular and run that much. You know these guys are professionally trained and stretch like crazy - it makes no difference when you have to run full blast down the field and change direction in a fraction of a second - hamstrings will pop. Some guy's muscles are just too tight.

something ive got backgound in. jsu tnot so my friend. 
    if curious talk to a top trainer, exercise physiologist, sports pt. (not just anyone, those at the top of thier field). 

tightneess is not genetic. and it matters not how much muscle you have. 
    you have to maintain the conditioning and flexibility of the muscle, then it can contract wihtout a problem.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

And once they pop it seems like they never quite heal.  Dennard hurt his in camp, if I'm not mistaken.  Look for it to be a problem all season.  He may even end up on IR. 

true those who develop a problem can havce it for a good long while. 
    if you find someone exceptional at releasing the muscle, it need not be so. (unless you have a severe tear).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

bottom line, its diappointing. was hoping to see this guy (dennard)  develop
    and see fells on the field week oone helping out in a major way.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

will give you this mthurl, when you practice 6 times a week, it might take some players getting some serious work as often as every day to make sure the hammies are completely released

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Thats a bummer. These hamstring pulls don't go away, it can linger through a whole season. Wanted to see Dennard out there. 

Vollmer is on the list as questionable, hopefully that's just precautionary, the titans have a good d-line and the Patriots would have their hands full if Vollmer couldn't go.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Not another Fragile Franny?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

will give you this mthurl, when you practice 6 times a week, it might take some players getting some serious work as often as every day to make sure the hammies are completely released

I just hope he can come back from it this year, because once you pull that hamstring you have a hard time not pulling it again the way these guys have to run.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Putting him on IR likely would be the best solution. The Pats gave him a roster spot based on his potential...not necessarily his play. BB knew that it he cut Dennard, some other team would pick him up. Red shirt the guy this season...and add on a veteran DB to replace him. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

Thats a bummer. These hamstring pulls don't go away, it can linger through a whole season. Wanted to see Dennard out there. 

Vollmer is on the list as questionable, hopefully that's just precautionary, the titans have a good d-line and the Patriots would have their hands full if Vollmer couldn't go.

reports ive been seeing are that vollmer has been looking a lil stiff. sounds like bac is lingering but he'll try to play through

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:

I just hope he can come back from it this year, because once you pull that hamstring you have a hard time not pulling it again the way these guys have to run.

[/QUOTE]

yes, that is typical. though if someone was in my neck of the woods, id know who to send him to get it cleared up as soon as possible.
    not a good sign, isnt this the second time he was on the injury report with the hammy?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

whatever he is doing for it, it aint workin'

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Not another Fragile Franny?

so far not so good re the denman

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Putting him on IR likely would be the best solution. The Pats gave him a roster spot based on his potential...not necessarily his play. BB knew that it he cut Dennard, some other team would pick him up. Red shirt the guy this season...and add on a veteran DB to replace him. 

[/QUOTE]

id have to agree with you there tex
    in fact, id prob prefer that even if he were not injured.
    our cbs are gonna be our wekest link again im afraid. unless, (heaven forbid) teh o line crashes and burns

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

we should probably put Volmer and Fells on IR too, since they were also limited in practice. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

They are just taking it slow with Vollmer, we need him healthy all year. Who knows about Dennard, it may be minor and he could play or sit out a game. 

The first week of the season there are always a lot of injuries. Every year it seems that some big name player goes down in week one.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[/QUOTE]

id have to agree with you there tex
    in fact, id prob prefer that even if he were not injured.
    our cbs are gonna be our wekest link again im afraid. unless, (heaven forbid) teh o line crashes and burns

[/QUOTE]

The Pats' will be fine...so long as the offensive line...is not one on which defenses can dine. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

53 on roster and only 46 dress . .  Pat's would not be using Dennard in this game anyway . . . Dennard showed great potential and the Pat's knew if they tried to put him on the Practice Squad he'd be picked up so he has his spot and will get playing time later in the year as one or more D-backs will get nicked up or go down for the season . . . just part of the game.  What worries me about the Pat's is they always seem to lead the league in players who are on the injury report from game 1 to game 16 every year.  Isn't it time the had better strength/flex coaches . . . they haven't had a good one working for the since Don Kerr left for the University of Miami back 25 years ago!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

I'm kind of curious about Fells.  They signed him in the spring and the dude hasn't seen the practice field...ever.  What possible reason do they have to hold onto him?  Shancoe was almost the same thing...why sign a guy who won't be able to you?   Obviously the team has THE information needed to make these decisions, but from the outside...i'm just scratching my head.

As for Dennard..i hope he's able to help us this year.  If he's got a nose for the ball and can somehow stay out there, he'll make us that much deeper on the backend.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to tenace4life's comment:

53 on roster and only 46 dress . .  Pat's would not be using Dennard in this game anyway . . . Dennard showed great potential and the Pat's knew if they tried to put him on the Practice Squad he'd be picked up so he has his spot and will get playing time later in the year as one or more D-backs will get nicked up or go down for the season . . . just part of the game.  What worries me about the Pat's is they always seem to lead the league in players who are on the injury report from game 1 to game 16 every year.  Isn't it time the had better strength/flex coaches . . . they haven't had a good one working for the since Don Kerr left for the University of Miami back 25 years ago!

good posts tenac and jamer,
       re strenght coach. i wouldnt expect the strength coach to be the one to make sure bodies are kept from injury and recovering to play/practice. pt's, sports dr's, A.R.T.'s (active release therapsits) at the top of their field would be priceless to employ to keep players healthy and on the field.