DENNARD will be missing at least all of TRAINING CAMP and could miss the first 4 games!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: DENNARD will be missing at least all of TRAINING CAMP and could miss the first 4 games!

Your title is misleading as if you repsent some new factual info.

At least all of traingin camp? You said he may get as little as 90 days? If he did then he would not be missing any of training camp, unless the sentencing was not happening for months?

Also according to this article and news video it seems likely that the sides could meet and give a joint recomendation for probation and or minimal jail time.

http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/new_england_patriots/2013/02/legal_expert_dennard_faces_range_of_sentencing

As far as goodell and his conduct policy. I think it will be a hard sell as others have previously pointed out to me this incident happened prior to Dennard entering into the NFL.

A weak argument could be made that the incident does not become final until after the conviction which happened after he was in the NFL but that is a VERY weak argument.

Also the flip side could be argued that Dennard was already subsequently punished by the NFL by his sliding from a probable 2nd round draft pick to a 7th round draft pick. I would expect the union to fight anything Goodell might try in this particular situation.

Would seem odd for Goodell to worry more about what happened prior to Dennard entering the NFL instead of being focused on how a player can violently shove a ref in the superbowl and not only not get thrown out of the game but not even get flagged.

The Law has just taken care of its business. The NFL would be wise to do the same.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Re: DENNARD will be missing at least all of TRAINING CAMP and could miss the first 4 games!

Dennard fought the law and the law won!

Gronkowski...beware!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Well this would be a very smart way for a judge to treat this....  No jail time but lots and lots of public and community service.  Why not turn this into a positive. He isn't going to do anyone any good sitting in a cell.  His is an NFL player, why not have him be a voice to the youth.  Have him get some counseling like all judges like to dish out then send him out to talk to children and young adults about obeying the law, staying away from trouble and all that stuff.

I get it, he punched a cop.  That is a big no, no!!  I don't know the whole story or all the details of the incident, I just know what the verdict ended up being... so excuse my ignorance.  I know it is a serious crime, but from what I have heard and read he doesn't have a history of being a problem guy.  If you want to punish him, give him 90 days in the slammer then put him to work in the public.  He will have a far greater impact doing that then having him sit in jail.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

I'm sure that there was booze involved.Send him to rehab with Gronkowski before they both end up in Jail.

You hit a cop...you go away.You get into a hissy fit with a cop like TFB admitted to yesterday and you get fined.

Bottom Line - A cop tells you to do something...you do it. If you don't like it too bad. They have citizen complaint review boards for the whiners.

Throw the book at him and make an example of him.That is what you would all be saying if it was any other player from any other team.You can't deny that... I've been on this Forum a lot longer then 90% of you.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Hey Clark- Thanks for that short and concise post- Try to do that every time windbag.

Thanks from everybody.

You hit a cop you go away-Or have a bunch of money ,play in the NFL and you'll get community service.

Ah yes what an America we live in!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Hey Clark !!! LOL now wasn't that fun?!

A nice short post and it was actually very funny!Short and concise -Not "War and Peace"like you are used to doing!

Now back to another pats player responsible for killing the monicker of the 'patriot way"-Dennard this week Gronkowski last week. What are we going to hear next that Edelman was arrested for groping a young co-ed in a bar?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

I'm sure that there was booze involved.Send him to rehab with Gronkowski before they both end up in Jail.

You hit a cop...you go away.You get into a hissy fit with a cop like TFB admitted to yesterday and you get fined.

Bottom Line - A cop tells you to do something...you do it. If you don't like it too bad. They have citizen complaint review boards for the whiners.

Throw the book at him and make an example of him.That is what you would all be saying if it was any other player from any other team.You can't deny that... I've been on this Forum a lot longer then 90% of you.

Try 10%. Your first post was last month!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Hey Teegee-How are ya!?-Wrong again- I've been in and out of this Forum since  would say from about 03' 04' I get banned I come back. I get banned I come back,I get banned I come back,etc etc etc.

Why is everybody so worried about long I've been here? I thought we were talking about yet another pats player in the headlines for all the wrong reasons...again!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Hey Teegee-How are ya!?-Wrong again- I've been in and out of this Forum since  would say from about 03' 04' I get banned I come back. I get banned I come back,I get banned I come back,etc etc etc.

Why is everybody so worried about long I've been here? I thought we were talking about yet another pats player in the headlines for all the wrong reasons...again!

I'm good, thanks. Am not worried; just wonder how you can prove multiple bannings. Plus, how can you be a Pats fan if you want Dennard incarcerated? Finally, not sure I'd want my claim to fame being how many times I get banned. Trying to give Rusty a run for his money?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

what a shocker another initial thread by the troll CC aka bostonsportslover removed by the mods! LOL Get the message troll and disappear! Oh yeah; Rusty that was a first round KO of JRABBB by you. Nice job.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think it's pretty simple, if Dennard has a juvy record, he is going to get 3 months, if not he'll get probation, community service and a fine. Either way he should be on the field at the latest in October. You got figure this kid pulled his hamstring 15 times last year in camp anyway and missed most of it...at least he can't pull it sitting in a jail cell.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

How shocking!!! We have yet ANOTHER professional athlete doing something so incredibly stupid, getting caught, tried, and actually convicted for his crime(s)! And then we have folks whining aboiut this same felon missing practice and games!!!!

Apologists, PLEASE stop with the "he was young; he made a mistake; we've all done stuff like this" excuse machine. IF he's as responsible as he makes himself out to be, AND wants to make a serious effort to make it right, he'll shut up, go do his time, and come out a better person. If that's 6 month, or 60 days, let him do his time.

Funny how we all vocally demonstrate an intolerance for dog fighting, yet will try to excuse away assault on a police office, who's on scene DOING HIS JOB! Think of the time behind bars as a golden opportunity to lern the playbook!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Show of hands......

Knowing what's he's done, who wants this guy dating their daughter or granddaughter? As a next door neighbor? A regular at your favorite after hoiurs or weekend watering hole?

Thought so.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:

How shocking!!! We have yet ANOTHER professional athlete doing something so incredibly stupid, getting caught, tried, and actually convicted for his crime(s)! And then we have folks whining aboiut this same felon missing practice and games!!!!

Apologists, PLEASE stop with the "he was young; he made a mistake; we've all done stuff like this" excuse machine. IF he's as responsible as he makes himself out to be, AND wants to make a serious effort to make it right, he'll shut up, go do his time, and come out a better person. If that's 6 month, or 60 days, let him do his time.

Funny how we all vocally demonstrate an intolerance for dog fighting, yet will try to excuse away assault on a police office, who's on scene DOING HIS JOB! Think of the time behind bars as a golden opportunity to lern the playbook!

Although as a Pats fan I hate to see this kid miss any games I can't really disagree with your post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Dennard is cleaner than the average cop.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Although as a Pats fan I hate to see this kid miss any games I can't really disagree with your post.

I hate to see this stuff happen to ANY athlete, let alone one on the Boston/New England scene. Doesn't go to the intelligence credibility. And, it's embarrassing. These are supposedly educated people, doing incredibly dumb and stupid stuff. It's like they swallowed the "It can't happen to me" flavored Kool Aid. Well, guess what? It does.

What's more painful is the attitude as I mentioned. I can't remember ever receiving a life lesson growing up where M om ever said, "If you mess up, FUGHEDABOUDIT! They'll let you off because you can either run with, catch, of hit a ball." I was taught that a mistake is a mistake, take your medicine and don't do it again. Ah, but how society's changed...... No one's responsible for their own actions anymore. Sad.......  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

Hey Clark- Thanks for that short and concise post- Try to do that every time windbag.

Thanks from everybody.

You hit a cop you go away-Or have a bunch of money ,play in the NFL and you'll get community service.

Ah yes what an America we live in!

People with short attention spans, like you, have low IQs. Sometimes there is so much to bludgeon with a troll it takes more than a few sentences, virgin boy.

Enjoy your virginity in that basement in NJ.

This is everyone's image of you:

Hurricane Sandy swept some away, but not you, apparently. 

How can you possibly wonder why you get banned, dumbkoff?

You mock people's job, their income, their sexual preferences, their IQ, their education, their housing, their age, their chastity and compare them to mass murderers.

And now you make light of those who died in the tragic hurricane.

The only real question is why you are not banned... every ... single... day!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I hate to see this stuff happen to ANY athlete, let alone one on the Boston/New England scene. Doesn't go to the intelligence credibility. And, it's embarrassing. These are supposedly educated people, doing incredibly dumb and stupid stuff. It's like they swallowed the "It can't happen to me" flavored Kool Aid. Well, guess what? It does.

What's more painful is the attitude as I mentioned. I can't remember ever receiving a life lesson growing up where M om ever said, "If you mess up, FUGHEDABOUDIT! They'll let you off because you can either run with, catch, of hit a ball." I was taught that a mistake is a mistake, take your medicine and don't do it again. Ah, but how society's changed...... No one's responsible for their own actions anymore. Sad.......  

Your Mom and my Dad were from the same school of parenting.

My Dad, who would have never used the word 'accountability', was big on it.  He held me to account for what I did (and shouldn't have) and what I didn't do (but should have).  He understood that testosterone can occasionally override one's brain but never permitted that to be used as an excuse.  He was not an educated man (worked in an iron foundry) but had what I would call the 'parenting' gene.  

I don't know what really happened in the bar at closing time and neither does anyone else who posts in this forum (unless they were there and witnessed it).  I'll give Dennard that the place was probably confusing at that point but clearly there was enough evidence presented to convince a jury of his guilt.  In the absence of anything to the contray he does need now to face the music.  

I hope it's proporational to the offense and that it is not too impactful on his ability to contribute to the Pats.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

Show of hands......

Knowing what's he's done, who wants this guy dating their daughter or granddaughter? As a next door neighbor? A regular at your favorite after hoiurs or weekend watering hole?

Thought so.....

Raise of hands, how many approve of cops arbitrarily arresting random people in a crowd, illegally and incorrectly? hmm.

Most taxpayers have more of an issue with that than the majority of college kids drinking at a bar.

Unless, you're some religious right freakjob.

Puhleeze!!!!!

Yessir, and everyone in prison is innocent. Just ask 'em.

The cop on duty saw the original incident and, through his job training, needed to step in to quell the situation. That's when Dennard went stupid. There's fatal flaws in your conspiracy whine:  1) There is video showing the incident  2) Dennard admits to resisting arrest AND striking the cop (I doubt if there's a law in any state that has certain levels of assault on a cop: intentional; unintentional; while under the influence; being arrogant, but not intentional; being unintentional yet not condenscending.... go ahead and try and make up whatever you want to qualify "assault". Make it like Bubba Clinton's idiotic "What "is" is.)  3) He was tried by a jury of his peers  4) Said jury found him guilty.

What are you contending? That no matter what was going on, the cop should have never stepped in in the first place? OK, let's play that one out. Supposed that other folks started getting hurt as a result, just by being in the vicinity? They're at a bar, so broken glass from bottles and glasses wouldn't be out of the realm of possibilioty. More? OK, here's another scenario: the cop doesn't know either party, so let's it go. One of them, go ahead, YOU select the person, pulls a weapon and seriously injures the other. OK with that, seeing how you have clearly stated you don't want the police to do their job. What if a bystander got the worst part of the weapon play? Is this still OK if the cop never stepped in, in the first place? Let's make it personal. Suppose that your wife or significant other was within range and got hurt while said cop sat it out and didn't step in? I thought so.

I guess that this jury, making up the community, thinks your whine and his defense is a bunch of hooey too. I consider myself as a "most taxpayers" kind of guy. I have no problem with kids drinking at a bar, as long as they can LEGALLY do so (not if they FEEL they should be able to). Our concern is when a person in authority tells them to cease their existing, or apparently soon to happen poor behavior, and they refuse to and THEN hit the cop. Kids + bars + alcohol = Stupidity. Aren't cops supposed to stop this abdorant behavior if they see it?  

Clue time: When a cop says to stop, and you don't, and then you hit him, you WILL be carted off and charged.