Denver Salary Cap Hell

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Re: Denver Salary Cap Hell

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

[QUOTE]

So many people love putting stats on this forum (especially to support their argument). Profootballfocus seems to be the flavor of choice as of late to find stats and make assumptions.,,,Mike REiss is another fan favorite with his happy outlook. Could someone google the internet to find how many players - who sign a big contract - actually play out the entire length of that contract without adjustments, restructures, reductions, extensions, etc? That's what I'd love to see, because there are thousands of NFL contracts - I guarantee most of them never see the end of that contract in it's entirety. 

Many big flashy NFL contracts are a year or two (and alot of money) less than the stated value, because they're designed to be terminated (restructured or cut) before they reach their conclusion. They make the agent look good, make the player's wife happy and probably cause a lot of personal bankruptcies, but they don't mean all that much.

But some teams are undeniably better at salary cap management than others. If you pay top heavy, too many big dollar contracts, your mid level is going to be thin and you're going to need a lot of minimum salary players on your roster. It's the reason there are a lot of veteran football players on the street, even though they are better players than a lot of guys on rosters.

Seattle is where they are partly because they have a minimum salary QB and they hit on several late round draft picks, Sherman, Chancellor, Smith, etc. Outside of 2010, their first round picks haven't been anything special.

When all those guys, plus Thomas and a few others (Lynch) need to get paid, it's going to affect that team.

[/QUOTE]

In the NFL, getting a few good players in the late rounds and having a non first round QB still on his rookie contract sets you up for a SB.

I'd think the player scout with the best track record should be the highest paid position in the NFL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[/QUOTE]

WHen I say you have CLEARLY never played sports, I mean CLEARLY you have never played sports.

Continuity and chemistry are arguably the two most important components in sports. Do I really need to go down the list of teams who had "cap space" to make all these aggressive moves, who always fail and fail miserably?

Batlimore got caught because they had guys retire all at once and they had no leverage on Flacco. You ignored this last year, you had no balls to take my bet, Hot Blitz did with class, and lost.  

Roster turnover at high rates means you are in cap hell. It doesn't matter in what way, it just means you're not building your team in the right way.  It doesn't mean you can just cut people you counted on to win some games and then show everyone your cap space, all insecurely.  Rash roster moves just to clear cap space means you screwed up.

THat's what insecure, impatient teams do. I don't care if you're Dallas, Washington, the NY Jets, Lions, Tampa Bay just did, the Buffalo Bills, Miami does this every 3 years, etc.

What do they all have in common? They're LOSERS like you.

It's fascinating to me that people like you and Mt Hurl, two of the dumbest adults I've literally ever witnessed (who think they're smart)

If Denver had a base of players built, fine.  But, they don't. They're old at some key spots and they've had crappy drafts lately.

All the players you listed to be cut don't even count the guys they're going to lose whom they considered to be major contributors to their 2013 team.  Bailey, Chris Harris is an RFA, Woodyard, Moreno, Decker, Shaun Phillips, Rodgers-Cromartie, and whoever else they will lose from their starting roster, are key players.

Plopping down brand new humans in an orange jersey with a flashy name on that jersey doesn't mean anything.  This isn't a video game. These are humans that need to work within a chemistry on the field. In fact, "cap space" means nothing without a base built. That means you're in a cap hell because you forgot to build a base first. Get it? How many times do I have to explain this to you idiots?

Do you lack this level of critical thinking, Mr. MBA? No wonder why you sold daddy's businesss. You have no business acumen whatsoever. It's quite comical to watch you showcase that here again, on your own thread. Priceless.

Can anyone name the good younger players on Denver beyond Thomas and Thomas? Who are their corners moving forward? LBs?  Monte Fumbles is supposed to be a lead back now for 16 games? Bahwhha!

Priceless.

Clearing cap space does not absolve you of cap hell, moron. That's what you don't get.

The Jets have some space, but they have no base built yet. They have holes all over the roster, so the cap space means nothing, especially since no quality player wants to go into that mess.

Cap hell can vary, but it's still cap hell.

[/QUOTE]

It kind of makes me laugh that someone who pretends to be intelligent, writes a sentence/paragraph like that. What is that exactly? What language is that considered to be a sentence in? I mean seriously, I could of driven to Denver and had Shannon Sharpe write that better...you sure you went to college?

And as far as your "salary cap hell" nonsense...so now it's the "roster turnover" that's bad? That's pretty interesting seeing how every team brings in somewhere around 30 plus new people into camp every year, with quite a few of them making the team. Take us for example we replaced our entire WR position, TE position and defensive line...then we shuffled in another 15 new guys to play D line, running back, corner, offensive tackle, offensive guard, center, punter and special teams. Does that mean we were in salary cap hell?

And the other day you actually ran around saying having too much cap space is actually a bad thing! That's very interesting! Bawahahaha! Can't be made up! 

The thing that makes me laugh the most is claiming others didn't play sports, did you play sports rusty? Oh do tell! I can tell you right now that you sound like a guy who never played a sport in your life - the only sport you ever played was cutting people in line at the pain clinic, on your way to getting your hands on your next Hydrocodone script.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Wow rusty on melt down lol .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As far as Denver goes, even if Manning decides to retire the cap hit shouldn't be to bad.  His prorated signing bonus is 2.5 million.  Accelerated hit would be 2.5 million times 4 years or 10 million (If I got this right) His 15 million dollar salary plus what ever other bonuses would be coming off the books.

They would need a QB but they would have some money.

[/QUOTE]

Well, no they would have a $22 mil dead money hit if he walks, which is $5 mil more than his present cap hit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

WHen I say you have CLEARLY never played sports, I mean CLEARLY you have never played sports.

Continuity and chemistry are arguably the two most important components in sports. Do I really need to go down the list of teams who had "cap space" to make all these aggressive moves, who always fail and fail miserably?

Batlimore got caught because they had guys retire all at once and they had no leverage on Flacco. You ignored this last year, you had no balls to take my bet, Hot Blitz did with class, and lost.  

Roster turnover at high rates means you are in cap hell. It doesn't matter in what way, it just means you're not building your team in the right way.  It doesn't mean you can just cut people you counted on to win some games and then show everyone your cap space, all insecurely.  Rash roster moves just to clear cap space means you screwed up.

THat's what insecure, impatient teams do. I don't care if you're Dallas, Washington, the NY Jets, Lions, Tampa Bay just did, the Buffalo Bills, Miami does this every 3 years, etc.

It's fascinating to me that people like you and Mt Hurl, two of the dumbest adults I've literally ever witnessed (who think they're smart)

If Denver had a base of players built, fine.  But, they don't. They're old at some key spots and they've had crappy drafts lately.

All the players you listed to be cut don't even count the guys they're going to lose whom they considered to be major contributors to their 2013 team.  Bailey, Chris Harris is an RFA, Woodyard, Moreno, Decker, Shaun Phillips, Rodgers-Cromartie, and whoever else they will lose from their starting roster, are key players.

Plopping down brand new humans in an orange jersey with a flashy name on that jersey doesn't mean anything.  This isn't a video game. These are humans that need to work within a chemistry on the field. In fact, "cap space" means nothing without a base built. That means you're in a cap hell because you forgot to build a base first. Get it? How many times do I have to explain this to you idiots?

Do you lack this level of critical thinking, Mr. MBA? No wonder why you sold daddy's businesss. You have no business acumen whatsoever. It's quite comical to watch you showcase that here again, on your own thread. Priceless.

Can anyone name the good younger players on Denver beyond Thomas and Thomas? Who are their corners moving forward? LBs?  Monte Fumbles is supposed to be a lead back now for 16 games? Bahwhha!

Priceless.

Clearing cap space does not absolve you of cap hell, moron. That's what you don't get.

The Jets have some space, but they have no base built yet. They have holes all over the roster, so the cap space means nothing, especially since no quality player wants to go into that mess.

[/QUOTE]

It kind of makes me laugh that someone who pretends to be intelligent, writes a sentence/paragraph like that. What is that exactly? What language is that considered to be a sentence in? I mean seriously, I could of driven to Denver and had Shannon Sharpe write that better...you sure you went to college?

And as far as your "salary cap hell" nonsense...so now it's the "roster turnover" that's bad? That's pretty interesting seeing how every team brings in somewhere around 30 plus new people into camp every year, with quite a few of them making the team. Take us for example we replaced our entire WR position, TE position and defensive line...then we shuffled in another 15 new guys to play D line, running back, corner, offensive tackle, offensive guard, center, punter and special teams. Does that mean we were in salary cap hell?

And the other day you actually ran around saying having too much cap space is actually a bad thing! That's very interesting! Bawahahaha! Can't be made up! 

The thing that makes me laugh the most is claiming others didn't play sports, did you play sports rusty? Oh do tell! I can tell you right now that you sound like a guy who never played a sport in your life - the only sport you ever played was cutting people in line at the pain clinic, on your way to getting your hands on your next Hydrocodone script.

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHA.  Pats have to be one of the worst teams in the NFL, as far as continuity.

The turn over in the backfield, alone, is mind boggling.

Check out cuts, releases,  signings, re-signings, (by the year) HERE:

http://www.patriots.com/team/transactions.html

Once again, the village idiot is talking out his trombone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

...The end truth of the matter is the Pats are in worse shape then a fair number of teams this offseason because of dead money. They can get out of some of it but certainly the myth that the Pats way of doing things with low end contracts every year to manage cap space has just been shown to be false and it's more about the quality of player then the contract itself. If you want a player you can find a way to make it work. And if those playersdon't work out you can find ways to get out from under it with only short term pain (maybe a year or 2) but there is no such thing as selling the farm (future) unless you stink at drafting and continue to make mistakes over and over again in FA. SO, for all those who say I don't want to sell the future, I guess that means they have zero faith in BB drafting or picking FA's.

[/QUOTE]

The Pats have any dead money at all from one guy, Hernandez. Cap issues (let's just call it that) exist because of poor management, bad contracts, however they got there they got there. Dallas absolutely gave out too many big dollar contracts. Look it up.

[/QUOTE]

In 13' the Pats had $15.3mil in deadmoney did all of tat come from 1 player too? Actually 5 players over $1mil (and Hern wasn't even the largest) and 17 players over $100k. If you add up all the players it's almost a full roster of releases for dead money!

Then look at 12' $22mil in dead money! and I'm sure Hern wasn't part of that dead money.

I never bet on this site but I'd be willing to bet that before the regular season starts in 14' Hern won't be the only dead money and he won't be even the 50% of it. 

The part I bolded is absolutely true (as was the Dal comment but again bad contracts right? Exactly what I said in my statement too many big and bad contracts with poor drafts). Does it really matter if cap issues are caused by a handful of big contracts or by 15+ players on dead money? In the end it's still the same problem regardless how you got there correct? Well the Pats are there (but they have ways to get out of it). So this whole system of buy low and get retreads has put us in the same situation as those who over spent didn't it? Difference is it took us 17 players to do it instead of 4. 

Btw, for all those last postseason saying we couldn't spend too much because we need some for the reg season and carry over into next season, I found $37mil  that could have been carried over in dead money the last 2 seasons so it's not like we were straped and went right to the cap every year, no we just invested poorly and carried too much dead weight with us every year. Take a look at the dead money that was cut. Most is from lower cost players trying to replace larger contract ones they didn't want to spend on. Those low cost didn't get us anything and actually cost more in the end to replace, that's the hidden cost most don't see with this system. Not only is there lower talent to put on the field but dead money prevents you from signing higher talent players later. Except no one notices $300k here or there until you realize it's 17 players getting it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Priceless.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BWAHAHAHA.  Pats have to be one of the worst teams in the NFL, as far as continuity.

[/QUOTE]

Do you realize he actually told me the other day that teams with a lot of cap space are in a bad situation? He said that after I pointed out how all the teams he said were in "cap hell" a year ago are now teams that have the most salary cap space available. He countered with "having too much cap space is a bad thing". He actually said that! Bawahaha!

I've said it before, I'll say it again...there are 5 billion people on the Internet, no one is a bigger fool than rusty. Truth.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

been happening a lot this week too

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Priceless.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you realize he actually told me the other day that teams with a lot of cap space are in a bad situation? He said that after I pointed out how all the teams he said were in "cap hell" a year ago are now teams that have the most salary cap space available. He countered with "having too much cap space is a bad thing". He actually said that! Bawahaha!

I've said it before, I'll say it again...there are 5 billion people on the Internet, no one is a bigger fool than rusty. Truth.

[/QUOTE]

I saw that and LOL'd for 10 minutes.

Something about being at a disadvantage in trying to fill their roster with over priced FA's.

I guess not having enough money and signing players like Molasses Mike and every player over 32, is a better approach?

All in an attempt to try and protect his sugar daddy. (in his dreams)

Doesn't even realize that every time someone smashes his LIES, it makes his bb look worse, not better.  That's the irony.

And then there's the others........

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

What moron thinks the Broncos are in cap hell? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CRUSTYTHECLOWN. Show CRUSTYTHECLOWN's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to soxrockursox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

been happening a lot this week too

[/QUOTE]

Everyone owns Rusty now!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Priceless.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I saw that and LOL'd for 10 minutes.

Something about being at a disadvantage in trying to fill their roster with over priced FA's.

I guess not having enough money and signing players like Molasses Mike and every player over 32, is a better approach?

All in an attempt to try and protect his sugar daddy. (in his dreams)

Doesn't even realize that every time someone smashes his LIES, it makes his bb look worse, not better.  That's the irony.

And then there's the others........

[/QUOTE]

lol!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

With all the bragging about the Pats depth, it would be interesting to explore how when Gronk and Talib went out, the season was effectively over in terms of competing for a championship. 

It seems to me that we have regular season depth but when Sherman left the game, the Seahawks pass D didn't fold like when Talib went out. 

At any rate if you look at the top 10 or so players on the Pats payroll it's clear we're in a different kind of cap hell: we have placed a premium on the wrong positions in today's NFL. 

I believe BB will continue to try to address that, Wilfork's situations will be especially interesting in that regard. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know this has already been debated, but lets 100% debunk it and end it. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS SALARY CAP HELL.

The Broncos seem to be this boards poster child for salary cap hell. Why?

A quick look shows them for 2014 with approx $12m in available cap pending, before they make the followig moves

-cut Champ=$10M

-cut Tamme or Dreeson-$3M

-cut Kuper-$6M

2014 with the bove moves shows the Broncos easily with $30M plus in cap space. 2015 looks even easier. please explain, where is salary cap hell?

[/QUOTE]

Priceless.

[/QUOTE]

Hey Mr cap hell talking about bets people wont take lol,you wont take mine right now so you must have no balls too right?

See your still spinning this idea about cap hell but took a whole new approach at it since you been beaten so bad already.You said yesterday teams can still have a winning record while in cap hell,so cap hell isnt all that bad as so claim.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Name another team than Denver, and I will easily point out how they will painlessly be under the cap in time for the deadline. From what I can see, the one exception out there is Dallas, that has to make some hard decisions

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to buggeringbustchise45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What moron thinks the Broncos are in cap hell? 

[/QUOTE]

BUST-CHISEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you think I wouldn't do my job for this board and let them know you are the one and only BUST-CHISE, the world’s biggest and most ridiculous NY Jets Troll? That you hunt for the backsides of your neighbors kitties at night? That you carry an old rag, a torn up Mark Sanchez Jets T-Shirt, and a bottle of chloroform which you use to incapacitate your young feline victims and that it's the reason you call this BUST-CHISE persona "Phat Virgin"?

And how about all your other names BUST-CHISE ?

Among them are:

Bustify

Uncle Rico

Manning Rules

Meadowland Mike

Mile High Mike

Bungalo Bill

Wewerrdat

Fletcherbrook

You will be known whenever you come here….this I swear to this board….the NY Jets are the worst franchise in the history of the NFL…44 years of laughable failure and ridicule, like Kellen “Vaseline Jazz Hands” Winslow….RUB-A-DUB-DUB, BUST-CHISE, RUB -A--DUB-DUB

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

[/QUOTE]

How many screen names do you have and why do you keep junking up the board with all of this stuff you post? I have been away for a while, I guess I have not missed much while gone.  Same people here causing problems.  You are Melwitt, right?  Are you Rustys trombone player or is he yours? BWAHAHAHAHA!  BWAHAHAHAHAHA! BWAHAHAHAHA!

You are wasting your time on me, Im a Patriots fan, not a Jets or Giants fan and I'm not Bustchise so you are doing all this for nothing and in the process you are ruining the forum. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

Name another team than Denver, and I will easily point out how they will painlessly be under the cap in time for the deadline. From what I can see, the one exception out there is Dallas, that has to make some hard decisions

[/QUOTE]

I have been away for a while, will you please tell me who thinks the Broncos are in cap hell?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have been away for a while, will you please tell me who thinks the Broncos are in cap hell?

[/QUOTE]

I will its are village idiot rusty,Who else would it be.Then he claims even if denver goes 11-5 thats still cap hell lol.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

As far as Denver goes, even if Manning decides to retire the cap hit shouldn't be to bad.  His prorated signing bonus is 2.5 million.  Accelerated hit would be 2.5 million times 4 years or 10 million (If I got this right) His 15 million dollar salary plus what ever other bonuses would be coming off the books.

[/QUOTE]

Well, no they would have a $22 mil dead money hit if he walks, which is $5 mil more than his present cap hit.

[/QUOTE]

That's what I get for figuring it myself

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's what I get for figuring it myself

[/QUOTE]

Manning signed a contract with very little cap ramifications after 2014 if he walks away or if he is cut. Even 2014 is not guaranteed if he does not pass his physical exam. Assuming his neck does check out, Manning is guaranteed 2014 with a cap hit of $17.5. If he is cut after this year(2014) his dead money is $5M. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

OK, so call it Salary Cap Hades, or Salary Cap Purgatory, or Salary Cap Limbo (is that where unbaptized babies go?). It exists. I don't believe it's fatal in many cases (although they say it can cause skin lesions and premature baldness).

Take a look at Dallas, and tell me what they're going to do. Sure, they can cut DeMarcus Ware and Miles Austin and four or five other guys and they're no longer in Salary Cap [insert name here], but is that a good thing? I would call that Salary Cap [insert name here].

I like Purgatory, because it's hellish but not permanent.

They can then just do what the Pats do all the time . . . fill their roster with lots of "value" players.

The consequence of being in salary cap hell is being forced to fill your roster with cheap players.  The way to avoid salary cap hell is to voluntarily fill your roster with cheap players.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Manning signed a contract with very little cap ramifications after 2014 if he walks away or if he is cut. Even 2014 is not guaranteed if he does not pass his physical exam. Assuming his neck does check out, Manning is guaranteed 2014 with a cap hit of $17.5. If he is cut after this year(2014) his dead money is $5M. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't think this is quite correct. They get out of the guarantee only if he fails his physical. The question was what happens if he decides to retire, not if he fails the physical (neither of which is very likely). If he passes the physical, he gets the guaranteed money. If he quits because he just doesn't want to play, there's no cap relief this year. If he walks next year, yes it's just a $5 mil dead money hit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

They can then just do what the Pats do all the time . . . fill their roster with lots of "value" players.

The consequence of being in salary cap hell is being forced to fill your roster with cheap players.  The way to avoid salary cap hell is to voluntarily fill your roster with cheap players.  

[/QUOTE]

Dallas's roster is already filled with guys who should be on minimum salary but aren't, that's exactly their problem. Take a look at it sometime and tell me what they're going to do to shed about $25 mil. Cut Ware, Bryant, Murray and the next six contracts and you're still not there. Not even counting Ware, they have about $90 mil tied up in their top 10 contracts. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Dallas willl remain in salary cap chaos (my phrase) so long as Jerry Jones thinks he knows how to be an NFL GM.