Derrick Mason resigned...now what?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

Derrick Mason resigned...now what?

I really thought the Pats would go hard after Derrick.  Guess it's back to hoping the draft picks (old or new) come through.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BeastModeInitiated. Show BeastModeInitiated's posts

Re: Derrick Mason resigned...now what?

im thinking either trading for Malcom Floyd, that would create a mismatch on D's because of his size. He and Moss are both deep threats.

or

Draft Golden Tate. Great speed and hands. Along with signing someone like Josh Reed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

How about they go to the 3 TE offense? Really though they could always sign the other 81. They lost out on the TE Fells from the Rams,that only leaves them Crumpler for the moment and he hasn't signed either. I don't know what happened to Josh Reed but it's still early in the FA process.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

Time to find that old Patten Jersey!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxPatsCelts1988. Show SoxPatsCelts1988's posts

I know a lot of people are tired of hearing it but... T.O.?

I know it sounds crazy and unthinkable to put T.O. and Moss on the same team but look at the reasons why it could end up working...

A few weeks ago, several media outlets said that there are really only two potential players for T.O... Baltimore and Cincinatti.. Both now look unrealistic due to acquisitions of Boldin and Bryant respectively.

That being said, T.O.'s $$$ value is definitely declining to the point where if he wants any team to sign him, he'll have to sacrifice all leverage in negetotations... basically putting himself at bargain status.  The Patriots love their bargains.

My final reason is that Moss is heading into a contract year and T.O. running out of time... the two may not have a problem with sharing catches.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

I can just picture T.O sitting in the Patriots office getting ready to sign his contract. Kraft gives him a slap on the back and hands him a pen...Owens puts his hand out takes the pen...and drops it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

What about Torry Holt?  He certainly isn't young but last year he put up 50 receptions for 700 yards with a nice 14 yards per reception in a very inconsistent Jaguars offense.  

He's on the decline but nobody in the world could argue he wouldn't be a huge upgrade over Sam Aiken on the outside opposite Moss.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Great, another 33+ WR. The last over 33 year old we signed worked out so well...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Josh Reed is not a deap threat and thats what we need opposite Moss. J. Reed will only be a back-up to Edelmann.

I hope they get Malcolm Floyd, T.O or another big and fast receiver. But please not some unproven rookie from the draft....we cant wait several seasosns for someone to develop.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

In Response to Re: Derrick Mason resigned...now what?:
    What about Torry Holt?  He certainly isn't young but last year he put up 50 receptions for 700 yards with a nice 14 yards per reception in a very inconsistent Jaguars offense.   He's on the decline but nobody in the world could argue he wouldn't be a huge upgrade over Sam Aiken on the outside opposite Moss.
    Posted by pyegian
    pyegian-I agree Tory Holt would be a nice fit at least bring him in for a look see. Holt was on ESPN moday breaking down plays, talking about running routes,etc. He wants to play this year, he did say he prefers the NFC over the AFC.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

"Josh Reed is not a deap threat and thats what we need opposite Moss. J. Reed will only be a back-up to Edelmann."

Why exactly do we need a deep threat opposite Moss??  Moss is a deep threat himself and has never been known as a guy that makes the tough catches over the middle.  When we had Stallworth (a deep threat) opposite Moss, he lost his starting job to Gaffney who was more of a possession receiver and good route runner.  That's what the Pats need to complement Moss.  Eventually they will need a homerun hitter to succeed Moss but for the next yr I don't think that's what they need most in WR.  Everybody looks for the big splash factor but solid and dependable would be fine.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Find better talent, he's OTH

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3839316. Show user_3839316's posts

In Response to Re: Derrick Mason resigned...now what?:
    I know a lot of people are tired of hearing it but... T.O.? I know it sounds crazy and unthinkable to put T.O. and Moss on the same team but look at the reasons why it could end up working... A few weeks ago, several media outlets said that there are really only two potential players for T.O... Baltimore and Cincinatti.. Both now look unrealistic due to acquisitions of Boldin and Bryant respectively. That being said, T.O.'s $$$ value is definitely declining to the point where if he wants any team to sign him, he'll have to sacrifice all leverage in negetotations... basically putting himself at bargain status.  The Patriots love their bargains. My final reason is that Moss is heading into a contract year and T.O. running out of time... the two may not have a problem with sharing catches.
    Posted by SoxPatsCelts1988
    I agree and just because I live in my mom's basement dosn't mean that I am wrong.