Devin McCourtey in coverage LOL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Devin McCourtey in coverage LOL

Looks like he may have contracted Butleritis.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

A little rationality if you please.  DMC is not having a good year. That said he's coming back from a pretty tough injury and didn't have a consistently bad game against the Colts.

If you look at the first 3 qtrs the Colts were held to 3 points.  In the 4th BB did some pretty strange things with his D and looked like he was experimenting quite a bit.  There were more bench players on the field than starters.

With respect to the poster who said he didn't see the Pats blitz once, I'm wondering where you were in the 4th qtr.  BB was playing a really funky soft prevent D but (and this is a huge one) was blitzing Ihedigbo for much of the 4th.  He didn't even try to disguise it.  Ihedigbo was lined up on the LOS for the entire snap count and came off the corner with a clear shot at Orlovsky much of the time. 

Reading much too much into the Colts game in my view. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I've been saying this for weeks now, the guy can't cover a bed with a bed-sheet. Chung's in the same boat, I'm not surprised that the defense played better with them out. Teams just looked for them when they're in the game. 

And to whomever said that McCourty had to cover the tougher receiver, McCourty was on Pierre Garçon all game. Arrington drew the Wayne coverage, Arrington had to play 5 yards off Reggie Wayne because Belichick respects Wayne too much. Sterling Moore is not a CB in this league, he's a workable Safety. Of course Garcon can posterize him, what's McCourty's excuse? 

I was hoping BB would force McCourty to earn his job back, but I guess he really likes Devin. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

P.S...Chung sucks monkey sticks too. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: Devin McCourtey in coverage LOL:
    [QUOTE]I've been saying this for weeks now, the guy can't cover a bed with a bed-sheet. Chung's in the same boat, I'm not surprised that the defense played better with them out. Teams just looked for them when they're in the game.  And to whomever said that McCourty had to cover the tougher receiver, McCourty was on Pierre Garçon all game. Arrington drew the Wayne coverage, Arrington had to play 5 yards off Reggie Wayne because Belichick respects Wayne too much. Sterling Moore is not a CB in this league, he's a workable Safety. Of course Garcon can posterize him, what's McCourty's excuse?  I was hoping BB would force McCourty to earn his job back, but I guess he really likes Devin. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

Pierre Garcon
    "The other key cog in Indy's near comeback was Garcon, who was on the receiving end of both of Orlovsky's touchdown passes. He finished the game with nine receptions for 150 yards and the two scores.

He ran a nice route against safety Sterling Moore, who was playing cornerback on the play, and faked him out for a 33-yard score."
    ~courtesy of:  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_4860_Patriots_beat_Colts%2C_but_NE_pass_D_torched_again.html

There's 3 or 4 more total inaccuracies with your post, but we should just start here.  It's always good to have a solid jumping off point... 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Burned countless times this seasson- his return on Sunday had him picking up where he left off.  An oppossing QB's dream.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I think DMC has been hurt all year.  I think he is playing through the injury becouse there is no one to replace him.  Same thing that happened with revis last year.  The shoulder injury is a painful one that takes a long time to heal.  He is out there playing and enduring the pain.  Chung is a good Safety when he is healthy.  The trouble is that he plays so hard that he gets injured a lot. I think the second half of the colts game was played with the knowledge that they had the game won.  They were trying to keep players healthy and get some inexperienced players time on the field.  Playing Slater as a safety was to give him experience at the position.  BB knew that he could win this game without his best players and schemes.  Once they had the 3 touchdown lead they played the game like it was a preseason game.  DMC was rusty and has not been himself all season.  I was hoping that he would regain his form.  Maybe by the playoffs he will

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

[QUOTE]Can anyone guess which two here are liars? If I see one more person claim I said Mccourty was better than Revis. My word.  McCourty's rookie year blew away Revis's. Yes.  FACT
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

The problem is McCourty's worst year is blowing away EVERYONE's worst year and he has only been in the league two years.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I'm afraid I have now been convinced:  the sky is indeed falling, the end is, if fact, nigh and our entire defense is an insult to every self-respecting Pats fan.  Robert Kraft and Bill Belichick should hang their heads in shame.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Devin McCourtey in coverage LOL : Pierre Garcon "The other key cog in Indy's near comeback was Garcon, who was on the receiving end of both of Orlovsky's touchdown passes. He finished the game with nine receptions for 150 yards and the two scores. He ran a nice route against safety Sterling Moore, who was playing cornerback on the play, and faked him out for a 33-yard score." ~courtesy of:  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_4860_Patriots_beat_Colts%2C_but_NE_pass_D_torched_again.html There's 3 or 4 more total inaccuracies with your post, but we should just start here.  It's always good to have a solid jumping off point... 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

What of the second TD that Pierre Garcon scored, my good man? T'was Mr. Garcon maned on Mr. McCourty and he made Mr. McCourty look like a child. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Devin McCourtey in coverage LOL : Nah. Many feel he's been battling a groin all year, and it's likely the reason behind the difference in 2010 and this year.  It would explain a lot. We'll probably hear about this after the season, if we do.  You don't play that well in 14 games last year as a rookie and then fall off the map. Sorry, not buying it. How many rookies go to a Pro Bowl at CB? Answer? Zero to very few in the last 25 years. Stop looking for scapegoats.   Logan Mankins makes 9 million and lead the team in penalties on the O Line. I can do this scapegoat thing, too. Finally, you clearly don't watch much of the NFL if you think McCOurty has been the worst CB in the NFL this year. 
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbincpumpkin. Show dbincpumpkin's posts

Boy are you cluless rtKing whatever.  I watch every Pats game and have so for many many years.  You obviously dont no much about football.  Plus I am not making scapegoats.  As I clearly stated in my post, I dont understand how a guy like this who made the pro bowl the 1st year has been so bad in his 2nd year.  And yes, he is the worst in the league, check out the stats at CB.  Maybe you should stop making excuses for him !  If he is injured, get off the field !!  It's not what you did last year, its what you are doing now !  He has been consistently bad from out of the gate at the beginning of the season to now !  Recommend you rename yourself from rwtking to clueless in Foxboro cause you don't know football pal !!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=467558

RWTK is most likely right that McCourty is playing hurt and the other guy is right as well that he is the worst in the league. As of 11/5 he had given up 40 passes for 544 on 58 attempts. Thats a 70 % completion rate and far and away the worst in the league and since coming back it has only gotten worse.

I do think he is hurt, but like other poster said, then SIT DOWN,. Molden was not targeted like that, nor Has Arrington who as of 11/5 had given up 17 catches on 33 attempts a little under 50 % but has 7 pics to show for it.

Truth hurts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KreepyKing. Show KreepyKing's posts

[QUOTE]Boy are you cluless rtKing whatever.  I watch every Pats game and have so for many many years.  You obviously dont no much about football.  Plus I am not making scapegoats.  As I clearly stated in my post, I dont understand how a guy like this who made the pro bowl the 1st year has been so bad in his 2nd year.  And yes, he is the worst in the league, check out the stats at CB.  Maybe you should stop making excuses for him !  If he is injured, get off the field !!  It's not what you did last year, its what you are doing now !  He has been consistently bad from out of the gate at the beginning of the season to now !  Recommend you rename yourself from rwtking to clueless in Foxboro cause you don't know football pal !!
    Posted by dbincpumpkin[/QUOTE]

Don't you know, it's all about what a guy does in his rookie year?  McCourty's place in the NFL stat book is secure.  He was better than Revis, didn't you know that?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I did, because I am the one that said he probably has a groin issue.  Same w/Hobbs in 07, he was beat up and not fit to play but the Pats had no problem trotting em' out in the SB and asking him to cover Plaxx one on one...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

he is listed on the injury report with a hurt shoulder, nothing about his hammy.  if there is something wrong and it does come to light there could be a penalty in store for the Pasts and little bill.  Look at what happened to the jets with the Farve injury not being disclosed.

I dont see anything in his play that looks like a leg injury.  I do see him not looking for the ball or if he does look, he is getting turned around and losing his man.

I would say it is one of 2 things.  either the lockout really hurt this kid or 2 there was a hole in his game and it is being exposed by opposing offenses.  time will tell.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Hey Wederr!  how ya been? thanx for the input. I have no grounds on the groin issue other than he looks tighter in the hips than last year and less fluent. Technique looks the same, hard to figure, but our CB's are known for playing hurt.

He is not turning for the ball as quickly as you point out and cant see why that would be other than something bothering him. If you know it as a rookie, why change?  I also think an offseason of film watching by other teams could have exposed some flaws or the pro bowl berth messed with his head....

You have to come back improved from year 1 or it will show.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fluent

No actually I mean fluent.  Thanks

"capable of moving with ease and grace <the fluent body of a dance"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Its all good here shizzle, just tryin to qualify for teh playoffs...Grats on locking up the AFC BEAST again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

If he's hurt, why don't they IR him, this is a very bad performance by a guy deemed close to ROY in 2010, now he's horrible. What happened?