Devin McCourty

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

Re: Devin McCourty

In Response to Re: Devin McCourty:
    Problem here is none of you know this guy and you say he is garbage... he isn't the guy you've been watching videos of or hearing about, he isn't the sexy pick... but most of you are up here saying how he is garbage before you even go and find out who he is.
    Posted by Nooyorkachusettes

Thanks....you made my point. These are same people who whine and complain about everything. Pats have 5 picks in the next 60. Keep the faith brothers!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

he was on my short list of first round possibilities.  one of the five. i think that he comes in as a rookie and plays nickle immediately.  then once butler has the no.1 corner spot, he and bodden battle it out for no.2

i like this kid. and i agree with what a lot of other have said... wait a couple of years to judge the ability of a draft pick that you dont know.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcjcjcjc. Show jcjcjcjc's posts

well, if he turns out to be a skill player, and they can still get some youth in the front 7 box with their 2nd and 3rd round picks, maybe its a good pick. I like the pick, he plays tall and more than helps on the run.

jc

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatriotfan. Show ncpatriotfan's posts

I'm not saying he is garbage, but the point is that is not the major need of the team. There are very few corners that can shutdown a receiver without a pass rush, and this team is very weak in that area. Sitting back and doing nothing to improve it will not fix it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Here's a scouting report on McCourtey:

04/07/2010 - ...cornerback Devin McCourty of Rutgers University...is regarded as one of the top five cornerbacks in the draft. Some teams may have McCourty ranked on par with-or even slightly ahead of-Florida's Joe Haden. The Browns also had Haden in Tuesday, along with Florida quarterback Tim Tebow. Some teams have as many as 10 players visiting on the same day, due to scheduling constraints...McCourty is expected to be taken between the 20th and 30th pick of the first round, the source said. Philadelphia and Baltimore are said to be most interested in him. The Browns may be covering their bases in case McCourty falls into the second round. Or they may be contemplating a trade down from No. 7 overall or a trade up from No. 38 in the second round... - Tony Grossi, The Cleveland Plain Dealer

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

Problem here is none of you know this guy and you say he is garbage... he isn't the guy you've been watching videos of or hearing about, he isn't the sexy pick... but most of you are up here saying how he is garbage before you even go and find out who he is.
    Posted by Nooyorkachusettes

My problem isnt that he is garbage, your right, I dont know anything about him.  My problem is they need OLB, ILB, WR help.  They could have picked up a decent CB later in the draft, they need to get some quality help at the other positions. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from frusteratedpatsfan. Show frusteratedpatsfan's posts

I think BB has lost it, I watched the whole dam first round, I think the Pats are only interested  in saving money.  Duh everyone knew the Pats needed a pass rusher we had our chances.

I don't think we beat the Jets or Miami this year, forget the in Bill we trust crap.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots12x81. Show Patriots12x81's posts

how stupid!!! this guy looked soo slow idc about his 40 times hes not fast on the field nor can he cover braylon or brandon marshall kyle wilson or patrick robinson woulda been fine but they really have to trade up and kindle or were not improving at all.... and draft damian williams

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

For those Patriots "fans" here that do nothing but complain, please, go root for the Cowboys and your boy Dez.  You dont think BB knows what he needs...or that reporters dont know what is happening behind the scenes...or that perhaps the Patriots know who is a bust, and who is not, on the current roster...or what plans they have tomorrow and Saturday? As for the real Pat fans out there, keep the faith, brothers.
    Posted by Sveltics

Thank you!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

what time does the second round start tommorrow?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

I'm not saying he is garbage, but the point is that is not the major need of the team. There are very few corners that can shutdown a receiver without a pass rush, and this team is very weak in that area. Sitting back and doing nothing to improve it will not fix it.
    Posted by ncpatriotfan

Oh, I didnt see that you were from North Carolina. That explains alot....sorry about that. I should have realized that before going off on you. My apologies. By the way, how was it playing in the mud today? Remember, eating dirt is bad! Say hi to Gomer for us. And give my best to Barny Fife.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NHmax. Show NHmax's posts

Dez Bryant and Sergio Kindle available and we get ANOTHER lightweight CB? I couldn't even boo the tv screen when they announced McCourty because i never heard of him!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1477. Show mattman1477's posts

Patriots put too high of value on some of these players just because they are "great special teamers".  Instead of drafted a guy that is great at one thing like rushing the QB they take guys that are "pretty good" at several things, thats why they don't have many outstanding players on their team. 
    Posted by Wingman23

Ditto Bro!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ncpatriotfan. Show ncpatriotfan's posts

In Response to Re: Devin McCourty : Oh, I didnt see that you were from North Carolina. That explains alot....sorry about that. I should have realized that before going off on you. My apologies. By the way, how was it playing in the mud today? Say hi to Gomer for us.
    Posted by Sveltics
    There was no mud today sunny and 85 degrees. Moved down here because the people don't have a tendency to insult people for having a different opinion, like you seem to do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

OK guys we can argue about the merit of the pick, but please let's drop the whole "Pats are being cheap" nonsense.  The difference in $ from their original spot at 22 to where they picked is small potatoes, so sorry that argument is garbage, and honestly it's such a tired and silly thing to say....the pick may be terrible, but enough with this conspiracy theory c**p

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gosh. Show Gosh's posts

This is BUFFOONERY~~~~~~~~ EL CHEAPO ~~~~~~~ BUFFOONERY
    The Regign of BELA BUM is over~~~~~~ Sell your season tickets now ~~~~~~~ The JETS fans will sell out the Pats stadium ~~~~~~ coming to watch them kicka$$ ~~~~~~ Shame on the KRAFTS

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from donspartucus. Show donspartucus's posts

Patriots put too high of value on some of these players just because they are "great special teamers".  Instead of drafted a guy that is great at one thing like rushing the QB they take guys that are "pretty good" at several things, thats why they don't have many outstanding players on their team. 
    Posted by Wingman23

Also why they no longer have an outstanding team.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

he was on my short list of first round possibilities.  one of the five. i think that he comes in as a rookie and plays nickle immediately.  then once butler has the no.1 corner spot, he and bodden battle it out for no.2 i like this kid. and i agree with what a lot of other have said... wait a couple of years to judge the ability of a draft pick that you dont know.
    Posted by FOWLER8196

Fowler with the contract Bodden just got he'll be the #1 for some time to come. If anything McCourty and Butler will be battling for who's the nickle and who's the #2. Not what I was expecting

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sveltics. Show Sveltics's posts

In Response to Re: Devin McCourty : There was no mud today sunny and 85 degrees. Moved down here because the people don't have a tendency to insult people for having a different opinion, like you seem to do.
    Posted by ncpatriotfan

Hey, Im in San Diego...sunny, 74, just got back from Boogie Boarding. Say hi to Andy for me and chill out, bro....all i am saying is enjoy the ride, it will be over in a New York minute. Peace out and keep the faith, brother.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

In Response to Re: Devin McCourty : Than by all means, do all of us a freakin service and become a jets fan. That way we will have one less spoiled, whiny, patriots fan to listen too
    Posted by Radionowhere228

Listen cretin I have been a Patiots fan for longer than you have been on this earth and I do not need an arrogant jerk telling me which team I should follow.  I too feel it is a lousy pick, and I question some of the draft picts the Patiots the team has mase in recent years.

I refuse to treat BB as some diety  and am tired of the comple literal attitude of many of "In Bill we trust"

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattman1477. Show mattman1477's posts

Well the Sox got a McDonald and the Pats get a McCourty...go figure.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem12475. Show jem12475's posts

Pick makes no sense

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem12475. Show jem12475's posts

More pressing needs than CB

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Vollmer, Butler, Chung in 2nd. Pryor and Edelman getting PT. One could argue that BB and Reese draft in 09 was better than any of Pioli's drafts the four years prior. You can't say its a deep draft than b--ch an moan when BB trades down for more picks......in a deep draft. Better value in 2nd.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz

Value? Where's the value in leaving the likes of Kindle, Hughes and several top DEs, RBs and TEs on the board and taking yet another smurf CB to play special teams?