Dexter McCluster in round 4

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from GameChanger. Show GameChanger's posts

Dexter McCluster in round 4

I agree the Pats should build up their D line and pass rush first but...I can't help but watch all the cool fast cars! Dexter McCluster is a poor man's C.J. Spiller. He has a "gone" gear, great balance and good hands. Maybe a day three pick up. Am I missing something because it seem like a lot of people are sleeping on Toby Gerhart? I didn't like him at first but having just looked again, he doesn't look to bad. Carries tacklers and has a decent burst. I think Matthews is the best overall back.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Re: Dexter McCluster in round 4

I like McCluster a lot. He can play slot along with returner and RB. Versatile player who plays a lot bigger than the 5'8+" he is. Speedy and quick. The Patriots had a look at him a few weeks ago. Still, I'd love to see the Patriots get a big bruiser back. Anthony Dixon would be nice. In fact, Dixon and McCluster would be nicer!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

he will be gone in the second lets get serious

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

he'll be long gone by the fourth round

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dantehopkins. Show dantehopkins's posts

I totally dig DM and agree he'll be gone by the fourth but I have my fingers crossed that we pick up Mathews in the first and follow up with a second round of DE/OLBs and a receiver.

Mathews (if available) is too good to pass up.  Odrick would be a waste of a pick...  High character, low production, low disruption. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Read yesterday the pats met with him, had him draw up and explain routes. THe kid sayed they are considering him as a slot reciever. Bet the pats just loved this kid telling this to the media! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I dont see us picking him as a RB, his blocking in passing situations is wayyyy too poor.  BB requires that one can block so that TB doesnt get killed when opposing D's blitz in a spread formation. 
    As a slot guy, he maybe good, but do we need 3 slot guys?  I know WW is out for a little bit, but we have a young, good slot guy in JE.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Kansas and ccusson are right on!  If we do not select Dexter "Do It All" McCluster with #47 pick in second round he will be gone!  He has great versatility and can help Pats as receiver, RB, punt returns and next year can replace Kevin Faulk full-time.  I also like Ole Miss Greg Hardy at DE in the fourth round.  Let's get some combination of Brandon Greham, Witherspoon, Kindle, Hughes with first round and first second round pick, then Dexter, then with third second round pick get best available TE. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I'd take him in the 2nd round over Tebow. He could defeinitely be a productive slash player / 3rd down back.

He's another version of Sproles or Washington who could also be a posession wideout.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

BB's gonna have to take him early. he would be faulk's replacement:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3ae1aba35e-8b38-4066-8a41-ec476d7eee67

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from GameChanger. Show GameChanger's posts

In Response to Re: Dexter McCluster in round 4:
    [QUOTE]BB's gonna have to take him early. he would be faulk's replacement: http://www.boston.com/community/forums.html?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3aSportsForum%3a9690Discussion%3ae1aba35e-8b38-4066-8a41-ec476d7eee67
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]
    First: 9/9/2008
    Last: 4/14/2010
    Deji Karim is my bet for Faulk's replacement. He's about the same size, but with a stockier build and way more speed. Good hands, good effort blocking, excellent production. Can run between the tackles or bounce it outside. Averaged well over 30 yards per return as a KR man this year. Could be had in the 5th - 7th as opposed to the 2nd - 3rd that we'd need to spend on McCluster or Best (who are two of my favorite players in this draft).

I checked out youtube they had his pro day. Built like a tank. Made some good catches using his hands only, from out of a backfield set.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMpFoHv6kQM

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

McCluster is not Faulk's replacement. Big difference between the 2 in terms of style of play and size. McCluster will never be the blocker Faulk is and has been. That said, McCluster can be a weapon and is versatile, just don't expect him to sit back there and block for TB because he will get crushed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

DEXTER IS A TRUE HOME RUN(MAKE THAT TD THREAT,ONE OF THE BEST IN THE DRAFT PLAUS HE FILLS A MULTITUDE OF NEEDS.AS SLOT RECIVER,AS A MOTION MAN OUT OF THE BACKFIELD, ON END AROUND PLAYS,ON SCREENS,A A RUNNING BACK IN CERTAIN SITUATIONS AND AS A KICK RETURNER.THAT'S A LOT OF FIREPOWER FROM ONE LITTLE GUY WHO HAS PROVEN HIMSELF TO BE A LOT TOUGHER THAN MANY FANS BELEIEVE HE IS.I THINK IT'S A SMART MOVE TO GRAB HIM IN THE SECOND