Dez Bryant (2010) vs Aaron Dobson (2013)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Dez Bryant (2010) vs Aaron Dobson (2013)

I agree....Jerry Jones is underrated as a GM.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I agree....Jerry Jones is underrated as a GM.

[/QUOTE]

Your backpedal pretty much means you had nothing. Classic.

[/QUOTE]

Backpedal? Well what's your point? Seriously, what is it? I mean, what are you trying to accomplish?

I think Dobson is doing well...I think he is progressing, etc. I think we all are on record as saying he was going to help the team this year - that's what he has done. Is he better than Bryant? No, he's not. I would have to say Bryant didn't get the same opportunities that Dobson is getting right now as a rookie simply because the Cowboys had more weapons surrounded by their quarterback to work with. That's not the case with Donson - he was forced to play (a lot), not necessarily because of his supreme talent, but because we had no one else. Hence why he's got some production heading into November. Christ, Reche Calwell had production when he was one of the few options too.

I'm hoping Dobson will develop into a 85 catch, 10 touchdown guy. I think that is realistic.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Another embarssing thread by OP.

Isn't that the season Romo got hurt and Kitna was QB for half the season?

Miles Austin and Jason Witten had very good seasons receiving, Roy Williams contributed.  Comparing apples to oranges here, imo.

Abandon thread!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

[QUOTE]

Your buddy Pezzy thinks Brady is above working with new WRs in any given season.  I am pointing out that supposed great draft picks in Rd 1, early in their careers, are not better than what Aaron Dobson is doing for our team right now.

For the record, supposedly Thompkins was Inactive because BB sniffed out some over-confidence from the rookie

[/QUOTE]

Hey, areyou actually saying something good about Brady here?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

FIND a Qb who had 2 rookie wideouts and 2 backup..wr and te..

Then compair what the QBs did. The fact  is TB has produced using who was available due to injury and misfortune.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Dez Bryant only played 12 games in 2010 due to injuries...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

So, since the other thread's point was being missed for what it was, here is another example.

Romo is considered an above average QB and had a rookie WR in 2010 in Dez Bryant, and really only one trusted WR in Miles Austin, unless you want to count crappy Patrick Crayton. lol

Bryant finished the year with 45 receptions and 6 TDs.

Through 8 games, Dobson has 31 receptions and 4 TDs.  It is safe to say, Dobson will have a better rookie year than Dezzie Bryant, a former FIRST RD PICK.

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

Dez Bryant only played in 12 games and only started 2.  He also caught 62.5 % of his passes as he only had 72 targets  Oh and you left out their crappy  TE as a receiver.

Dobson played in 8, started 8, and is only catching 50% of his passes with 60 targets and has 7 drops.

So... when Dobson has more catches with more TD's and a better drop and catch rate, let us know.  K   Thanks.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Can we agree that Dobson is growing into the receiver we hoped he would?  He's been improving every week, and is the best outside receiver we have had since Moss.  That's good enough for me.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Your buddy Pezzy thinks Brady is above working with new WRs in any given season.  I am pointing out that supposed great draft picks in Rd 1, early in their careers, are not better than what Aaron Dobson is doing for our team right now.

For the record, supposedly Thompkins was Inactive because BB sniffed out some over-confidence from the rookie

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am saying Brady wasted most of the first half of the year and the rookie WRs have been unfairly maligned in the process.

Brady has been wildly erratic this year. It's ok to admit it.  Dobson's numbers would be better if Brady had been.

[/QUOTE]

http://www.patspulpit.com/2013/10/30/5047386/aaron-dobson-has-second-highest-drop-rate-amongst-all-receivers

Dobson has been improving and it's an exciting thing for the offense going forward. Thanks TB.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can we agree that Dobson is growing into the receiver we hoped he would?  He's been improving every week, and is the best outside receiver we have had since Moss.  That's good enough for me.  

[/QUOTE]

I mean, yeah I hope so. I watched him in camp and right away you could see that the guy was going to help us....he had unbelievable concentration catching the ball the day I watched him. I'm a little surprised he's dropped so many to be honest, so I think we may of found an outside guy that will help (which is more than I can say for the last ten guys we've tried there since Moss). Good stuff.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am saying Brady wasted most of the first half of the year and the rookie WRs have been unfairly maligned in the process.

Brady has been wildly erratic this year. It's ok to admit it.  Dobson's numbers would be better if Brady had been.

[/QUOTE]

Brady played the first 6 games with Dobdon, 7 drops, Thompkins, 7 drops and Edelman 6 drops  and no TE's to speak of, as his primary receivers.  Are you REALLY, that stupid?

Apparently!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

So, since the other thread's point was being missed for what it was, here is another example.

Romo is considered an above average QB and had a rookie WR in 2010 in Dez Bryant, and really only one trusted WR in Miles Austin, unless you want to count crappy Patrick Crayton. lol

Bryant finished the year with 45 receptions and 6 TDs.

Through 8 games, Dobson has 31 receptions and 4 TDs.  It is safe to say, Dobson will have a better rookie year than Dezzie Bryant, a former FIRST RD PICK.

Discuss:

[/QUOTE]

Dez Bryant only played in 12 games and only started 2.  He also caught 62.5 % of his passes as he only had 72 targets  Oh and you left out their crappy  TE as a receiver.

Dobson played in 8, started 8, and is only catching 50% of his passes with 60 targets and has 7 drops.

So... when Dobson has more catches with more TD's and a better drop and catch rate, let us know.  K   Thanks.

[/QUOTE]

That's because Brady has sucked.  

[/QUOTE]

Umm, no! that's because Brady's supporting cast Sucked.   Every single receiver was either a rookie or new to the system except JE. who has the most receptions.  Awesome!  Edelman is your #1.  LOL

Gomer is not playing with 3 rookies and his # 4/5 as his #1, is he?

Are you really this stupid? 

Apparently

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I mean, yeah I hope so. I watched him in camp and right away you could see that the guy was going to help us....he had unbelievable concentration catching the ball the day I watched him. I'm a little surprised he's dropped so many to be honest, so I think we may of found an outside guy that will help (which is more than I can say for the last ten guys we've tried there since Moss). Good stuff.

[/QUOTE]

Well his drops are probably due to having to think too much and losing concentration in the process, but...shhhhh.  don't tell anybody, cuz that's BB's fault, for starting players who aren't ready to start.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

bludgeoned yet again...will he ever learn?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady played the first 6 games with Dobdon, 7 drops, Thompkins, 7 drops and Edelman 6 drops  and no TE's to speak of, as his primary receivers.  Are you REALLY, that stupid?

Apparently!

[/QUOTE]

None of those drop numbers are accurate. Wild throws and attempted circus catches that can't be handled are not "drops".

Amendola and Edelman make fine everyday flankers, too.   

Try again.

Are you really this stupid? Apprently!

lmao

[/QUOTE]

What is Apprently?

Drops are drops and league leading drops are a reflection of the receiver, not the QB.

When the ball is in your hand and considered catchable it is the receivers fault.  Got it?

Probably more a reflection of a receiver not ready to start.  Thank you BB.

Are you really this stupid?

Apparently

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Decker, Thomas and Welker is a better WR corps than Thompkins, Dobson and Edelman. Would have thought that was obvious.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

http://www.patspulpit.com/2013/10/30/5047386/aaron-dobson-has-second-highest-drop-rate-amongst-all-receivers

Dobson has been improving and it's an exciting thing for the offense going forward. Thanks TB.

[/QUOTE]

WHat about Brady's TD/INT ratio and compl%?

Worst of his career.

[/QUOTE]

The season's only half over. Think we'll have to see how the remainder plays out and then look at the numbers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

What is the point of this comparison 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Worst of his career.

[/QUOTE]

Ya, rookie receivers need to catch more than 40-50 % of their passes to be able to score points.

Looked what happened when Gronk caught 90%.  4 tds to zero ints and 55, 55, 55, 55,   Amazing how that works!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Apparently!

[/QUOTE]

And now that Gronkowski and One-The-Mend-Always are back, the UDFA is drinking team and the kick returner is an after thought.

That the team won all of those games with the Joke Squad playing wideout is nothing more than a testament to the first ballot HOF's amazing ability.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Decker, Thomas and Welker is a better WR corps than Thompkins, Dobson and Edelman. Would have thought that was obvious.

[/QUOTE]

Dez Bryant plays on the Cowboys.  

Dobson>Thomas as rookies.  Edelman not far off of from Welker quality if implemented in gameplans as such.

Amendola easily on par with Decker.

[/QUOTE]

The point is none of that is true,

We are talking about 2013 right?

Welker blows JE out of the water.  (4th stringer as your #1)

Thomas blows Dobson out of the water  (Rookie)

Decker blows Amendola and his 3 measly games, out of the water. Inactive for 5/6

Thompkins (rookie  FA)  inactive.

Boyce (rookie with one catch)  innactive

Sudfeld,  (rookie)responsible for 2 picks and now on the jets.  Inactive

Gronk hasn't played half the games.  Inactive for 6.

Denver receivers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pats receivers.  Fact!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dez Bryant plays on the Cowboys.  

Dobson>Thomas as rookies.  Edelman not far off of from Welker quality if implemented in gameplans as such.

Amendola easily on par with Decker.

[/QUOTE]

Hahahahaha!!  What a fool!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

Edelman not far off of from Welker quality if implemented in gameplans as such.

[/QUOTE]

That says it all, folks.  If anyone was wondering if Rusty had a clue about football, there is your answer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Worst of his career.

[/QUOTE]

Ya, rookie receivers need to catch more than 40-50 % of their passes to be able to score points.

Looked what happened when Gronk caught 90%.  4 tds to zero ints and 55, 55, 55, 55,   Amazing how that works!

[/QUOTE]

Look at Brady staring down Gronk vs Miami in the first half?  INt and crappy compl rate with binky addiction problem shining through.

WHat is your point again? Brady sucks sometimes and needs to get his head out of his rectum more?

[/QUOTE]

90%>40%, even with double coverage against single coverage for the babies, it's still 90%

Gronk makes mistakes too,  (bad route, PROVEN) especially on his first couple of games back.  But, even then, not near the mistakes  the guys not ready to start make.