Dez Bryant

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Dez Bryant

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Re: Dez Bryant

take him, he'a a blazer

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCommittee. Show TheCommittee's posts

A talent like that at 22? I'll take it. Certainly could do wonders for wideout depth. Tom Brady wouldn't be upset with this guy coming to town.

However, he's not someone I would move up to get - the Pats need to keep all the high-round picks that they have. If it only takes a sixth and a seventh to move up a slot or two, then I would have no issue with that, as the Pats have an abundance of later picks.

A huge amount of the depth on the defensive side of the ball is in the 2nd and 3rd rounds of this draft - that is where the Pats should really focus in on, which is why I believe that it would behoove them to, at the very least, maintain the 2nd rounders that they have. My dream scenario up to Round 4 would be this:

#22: Dez Bryant - WR - Oklahoma State
    #44: Ricky Sapp - OLB - Clemson (or Koa Misi - OLB - Utah)
    #47: Rob Gronkowski - TE - Arizona (or whomever the best available TE is)
    #53: Linval Joseph - DE/DT - East Carolina (Or Alex Carrington from Arkansas State)
    #119: Daniel Te'o Nesheim - DE/OLB - Washington

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

If Bryant is available at #22 I would run to New York and hand in the card myself.  That being said, I can't see him getting out of the top 15, and even if he does, Cincinnati would be thrilled to take him at #21.  If he does get past 15, I would even trade up a couple spots (assuming we don't give up a 2nd rounder this year) to leapfrog the Bengals.  He's that talented.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Cincy won't draft a WR, they already have Antonio Bryant. Even if Dez Bryant happened to drop to 22, I wouldn't want him. No way I would take anyone besides not named Brandon Graham in round 1. If he's off the board I would trade our 22 to KC for their two second round draft picks.

Great talent, but the Pats have a larger need to fill on defense.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

What makes you think KC would make that trade?  Pioli is like BB and would value the two second rounders very highly, especially for a team that needs to stockpile as many good players as possible.  Unless they're in love with and targeting a particular player they aren't just going to do the Pats a favor and give us extra valuable picks.  If that type of scenario does unfold, great, but there are plenty of good players to pick in the first round besides Brandon Graham (who I believe the Patriots would pass on even if he is available).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Nobody has any concerns over his character issues? I'm not too sold on the guy off the field.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Dez Bryant:
    take him, he'a a blazer
    Posted by kansaspatriot

Sounds like he might be a blazer on and off of the field.  I'm skeptical

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

Beast. His talent is too great to ignore. If any team can get a kids head right, its the pats. Best place for him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

guys go to my forum... i made mines 1st... LOL

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

I could see it happening.  I think it would get Randy Moss' spirits up too.  Remember, he was downgraded in the '98 draft and had a chip on his shoulder that whole year after getting drafted 21st overall.  Moss could be a mentor to Bryant much like Chris Carter was to him. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Dez Bryant:

When I read a scouting report that says a guy lacks "consistency, maturity and work ethic", I'm avoiding him big time regardless of how much raw talent he may have.

My guess is that this guy is going to end up being a major T.O.-type headache to whoever drafts him. 

Question; Why is it that WRs are so often the head cases of the NFL? T.O., chad johnson, brandon marshall, braylon edwards, chris henry, dez bryant, etc. etc.?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I should be more fair.  Here are a couple highlight videos of Dez Bryant:

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

If he's at 22 take him.  The Moss/Carter comparison above is an interesting angle.  I do think Moss would enjoy mentoring a young a kid like Bryant.

His character stuff is overblown.  Don't know about work ethic, I'm sure Pats will do the homework needed there.  Sad truth is a large chunk of names mentioned as potential picks have off-field issues.  Not many choir boys out there besides Tebow.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

Remember we drafted Hart Lee Dykes out os OSU. He had his issues but was a great talent, look where that got us. I like OSU but can we please leave their wr's alone. Now a good talented running back I am all for just find one like Sanders and Thomas and I will be all for it but NO WR.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Don't sweat Bryant he won't be available! Just don't let either Riley Cooper or Eric Decker slip past your grasp! Those two guys are the elite WR's in this draft IMHO.
    Neither of those two guys will absolutely blaze past you but both will catch every pass thrown in their direction and they will run the routes that are called for each play.Here's another interesting fact they are both 6'3" so they are the Tall WR types...Don't let the dust settle without having drafted one of these two guys.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I actually don't find him that impressive. He isn't quick enough for my eye. At least one of those catches wouldn't have been catches in the NFL. He isn't beating people over the top.

He does a great job snaring the ball and adjusting to it. 

But doesn't seem like a threat in space.

All in all, he seems like an overrated prospect to me. Watching the Cowboys, you can see the kind of space that is generated via the spread for a player like this to get 1:1 with inferior players. 

He won't get that space in the NFL. And he doesn't seem to have the raw abilities to create that space himself. 

Just my 2 cents.  . . . but I don't find him a very exciting pick. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

I am not a Bryant Fan.  

Prefer taking Kindle or Hughes @ #22 and then looking at Receiver help in the 2nd round.  Perhaps Golden Tate.  A sleeper pick in 4th or 5th is Naaman Roosevelt out of Buffalo.   He is not a Burner, but would be an excellent #2 & underneath possession type receiver. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

bet he ends up  in KC

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Best reciever in the draft, but I have questions about his work effort and accountability. If he is there and he very well could, I'd take a chance and take him. I mean there have been busts before and there will be busts after this draft, we have enough picks in round two to take a calculated risk. Just try to pick higher character guys in the second. Who knows, maybe Brayant isn't that much of a head case after all?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Dez Bryant

Look at his eyes , he looks nasty mean doesn't he! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Look at his eyes , he looks nasty mean doesn't he! 
    Posted by NEGAME

yeah, but that biscuit on his chin looks funny.Laughing

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wiggy26. Show wiggy26's posts

I actually don't find him that impressive. He isn't quick enough for my eye. At least one of those catches wouldn't have been catches in the NFL. He isn't beating people over the top. He does a great job snaring the ball and adjusting to it.  But doesn't seem like a threat in space. All in all, he seems like an overrated prospect to me. Watching the Cowboys, you can see the kind of space that is generated via the spread for a player like this to get 1:1 with inferior players.  He won't get that space in the NFL. And he doesn't seem to have the raw abilities to create that space himself.  Just my 2 cents.  . . . but I don't find him a very exciting pick. 
    Posted by zbellino

Zbellino, good analysis. I enjoy reading your thoughts! In saying that:

Your prediction for potential #22 pick?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Don Banks from SI has a Next Randy Moss article about Dez.  Pats will probably have to trade up if they want him.  Amazing the roller coaster ride these guys go on, Bryant was Top 5 early in process, potentially out of 1st round after work out, now climbing again based on Pats interest and stories like this:

"http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/04/09/dez.bryant.randy.moss/index.html"