Dez Byant will be an All-Pro!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Re: Dez Byant will be an All-Pro!

In Response to Re: Dez Byant will be an All-Pro!:
    In Response to Re: Dez Byant will be an All-Pro! : I'll post whatever I want, and who cares?  The Pats passing on an All-Pro at a position of need for a special teamer is a concern of mine as a Pats fan.
    Posted by BBRULES23

LOL!  i love it when people who claim to be fans, make outragous predictions and show their lack if football knowledge.....no I don't.

thanks BBRULES23, you are showing your pink hat under your skirt....1) Bryant is an idiot, 2) Keep showing how much you don't know about McCourty.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: Dez Byant will be an All-Pro! : Correction - He was NOT consensus #1 - AND - those who did put him at the top all qualified there choice with "he is #1 IF" he can keep his head out his a**. I agree the Chad Jackson comparison is not valid, but Dez' own college coach has admitted he has issues that have kept him from playing to his real potential (as a COLLEGE player, let alone a pro). BTW, nobody is an All-PRO until they ARE  pro, which until he signs, he is not. How about we see him play a game (or two, or a season...?) before deeming him an ALL-Pro?
    Posted by markes8336

Dez Byant was considered the best WR in terms of talent, it was his talking to Deon Sanders that caused his stock to drop.

Devon McCorty was not considered the best DB in this draft by anyone.  If the Pats wanted to draft a DB so bad then why not trade up for Haden or Jackson?  And if they wanted McCorty so bad, then why keep trading down and give other teams a chance to draft him?  Seems to me the Pats didn't care if McCorty would be there or not, if someone else had taken him then they had plenty of other players of equal value.  The sad part about all of this, is the Jets probably got a better DB in Kyle Wilson.  And the Jets are probably laughing as he was the player they wanted all along, not McCorty.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from aluvium. Show aluvium's posts

Dez might end up a great player but T.O. was also a great player and I would never want him on my team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

In Response to Dez Byant will be an All-Pro!:
    I can't believe the Pats passed on this guy! Oh well, at least the Pats got McFartney
    Posted by BBRULES23

I can't beleive the Jets let BB go ........  What a great trade that was Wink

BTW ....  How's your wife and my children doing ? Tell your wife I'll be in New Jersey again soon. xoxo

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Re: Dez Byant will be an All-Pro! : What the heck are you talking about?  The guy was the #1 rated WR in the draft.  Now you comparing he to Chad Jackson?  Your rationalizing  on Dez being a bad pick based on something that has not happened, and where did you hear that the Pats would have to "dumb down" the offense for Dez?  Let's deal with facts not fantasy, Dez is more likely to be an "all Pro" than a bust.  And McCourtney is more likely to be an Ellis Hobbs(at best) than a Ty law.
    Posted by BBRULES23

Isn't that what you are doing on both Dez and McCourty?  Isn't the problem more that you know more about Dez and not a lot about McCourty? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: Dez Byant will be an All-Pro! : Isn't that what you are doing on both Dez and McCourty?  Isn't the problem more that you know more about Dez and not a lot about McCourty? 
    Posted by garytx

I don't admit to know the world about McCourty as I don't watch many Rutgers games.  But the odds of Dez being a top flight NFL player over McCourty are pretty great.  Add in Tom Brady as QB, and it's pretty much a sure thing.

According to scouting reports, McCorty is pretty much a special teams player at the NFL level, not a shut down corner.  If the Pats were going to take a DB in the 1st, you have to get a Revis or Ty Law caliber player, something Devon was not according to scouting reports.  All I see is another Ellis Hobbs, which would have been fine in the 2nd rds or lower, not the 1st!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Re: Dez Byant will be an All-Pro! : I don't admit to know the world about McCourty as I don't watch many Rutgers games.  But the odds of Dez being a top flight NFL player over McCourty are pretty great.  Add in Tom Brady as QB, and it's pretty much a sure thing.  According to scouting reports, McCorty is pretty much a special teams player at the NFL level, not a shut down corner.  If the Pats were going to take a DB in the 1st, you have to get a Revis or Ty Law caliber player, something Devon was not according to scouting reports.  All I see is another Ellis Hobbs, which would have been fine in the 2nd rds or lower, not the 1st!
    Posted by BBRULES23

What scouting says McCourty is just a special teams player?  Please show a link.  Yes he can play special teams AND his position.  I am sorry if u cannot understand what that means.  McCourty was ranked by most scouting info as the 2nd-4th CB. 
    To address your other statement about BB moving back.  He made a calculated risk, moved back and gained chips.  He got wind that someone else wanted Mc and stopped moving back and took him.  Now we got extra picks and the player he wanted.  It is like poker and we won with a partial bluff and pulled it out with the last river card.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsPat. Show ItsPat's posts

[QUOTE]Now you comparing he to Chad Jackson?  Your rationalizing  on Dez being a bad pick based on something that has not happened, and where did you hear that the Pats would have to "dumb down" the offense for Dez?  Let's deal with facts not fantasy, Dez is more likely to be an "all Pro" than a bust. 

So lets see.  You have a problem with someone rationalizing something that has not happened yet but you have no problem declaring this kid, who has yet to play a down in the NFL, a pro-bowler?  I don't understand?  Only your crystal meth, I mean ball, is working this week?

I do think Dez has the tools to be a great WR in the league with the right game plan designed around him.  That is something Dallas probably will do.  I'm willing to bet that Dez will have a better career then McCourty but there is also a better chance that Dez will have more character issues and a better chance that Dez could self destruct.  So, Dez is a gamble that has a higher reward but also a higher chance of failure. 

I was not overwhelmed with the Pats first round pick but if McCourty becomes a pro-bowl player or even an above average CB then it will be a great pick.  We also have to weight this pick based on the Pats 3rd round pick.  They received that pick when they traded so if both are starters then both have to be compared to Dez.  Just my opinion.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: Dez Byant will be an All-Pro! : I don't admit to know the world about McCourty as I don't watch many Rutgers games.  But the odds of Dez being a top flight NFL player over McCourty are pretty great.  Add in Tom Brady as QB, and it's pretty much a sure thing.  According to scouting reports, McCorty is pretty much a special teams player at the NFL level, not a shut down corner.  If the Pats were going to take a DB in the 1st, you have to get a Revis or Ty Law caliber player, something Devon was not according to scouting reports.  All I see is another Ellis Hobbs, which would have been fine in the 2nd rds or lower, not the 1st!
    Posted by BBRULES23

Wow, you don't have a clue, do you?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from l52094. Show l52094's posts

I'm fine with not drafting Dez Bryant.  I think you have to look at the draft as a whole, i.e., all players drafted.  The two TEs the Pats drafted could develop into very good weapons in the passing game (just like Dez Bryant might - we really don't know on either point but time will tell).  I think if you look at the two TEs and the wide receiver Price that the Pats got, that's a lot of reason for hope for the passing game in the future.  Throw Tate and Holt in their also.  Pats could be much improved even without Dez Bryant.    

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Bryant BETTER be an all-pro because Jerry Jones already gave him jersey #88 and put it up for sale on the cowboys website.  No pressure at all, huh? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seanblaze. Show seanblaze's posts

All-Pro would mean he'd be 1st team all-NFL? Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall, not to mention he's on the same team as Miles Austin who was a pro-bowler & no one hit wonder.......

Maybe he'll be all-rookie......No All-Pro! The kid showed up to run his 40 with no shoes.......How do you forget your shoes? He's too concerned with everything going on around him except for football. He wants to be just like Deion......It took Deion a long time to figure out where his priorities lie......He doesn't fit in Foxboro.

I think it was a rougher season last year in the Patriots locker room than we know. There have been numerous talented but troubled players BB could have brought in that potentially would have made our club better. But guess what, these guys don't want to drink the kool-aid. BB wants to do it with workers/fighters & character. I have no problem with that. It worked great in 2001/2003 & 2004!