Did anyone else forget Salas was on the team?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Did anyone else forget Salas was on the team?

Well the PS at least. I had completely forgotten about him until I read and article saying that he's making $27,353 a week on the PS. That's 3-5x what most people make on the PS. I didn't see a ton of what I liked from Salas when they first got him, though I loved what I saw from him in college, but wow that's a lot for a PS guy. Don't think it's important nor do I think it really matters moving forward just a random piece of info I had forgotten about

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Re: Did anyone else forget Salas was on the team?

Would love to see him get some playing time. Let's face it our wr corp dosen't scare anyone.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Yeah, I had pretty much forgotten about him too.  His high practice squad salary tells me that the team is very interested in him for their long-term plans.  Look for him to be in the mix for a roster spot in 2013, barring any injury this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, I had pretty much forgotten about him too.  His high practice squad salary tells me that the team is very interested in him for their long-term plans.  Look for him to be in the mix for a roster spot in 2013, barring any injury this year.

[/QUOTE]

Well I wouldn't say that, Kraft has always been willing to toss around chump change to keep a player on the PS. But, only if BB wanted him to. For example Carter last year got a boast up to $15k I believe which was unheard of to give a PS player who didn't show much promise in pre-season that much. Then this past off-season he was cut before camp really even started. Salary might be an indication with other teams about interest or plans but for the Pats it's more an indication of BB doesn't like to share his toys and Kraft is willing to toss the bling to prevent another team from taking one of BB's hitting dummies

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

They must like him for the future and for insurance if Welker and/or Branch aren't here next year.  Never a bad idea to give a guy some reps in your system and hope he can develop. Of course Markell Carter was also paid a lot to be on the PS last year as has been mentioned.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well the PS at least. I had completely forgotten about him until I read and article saying that he's making $27,353 a week on the PS. That's 3-5x what most people make on the PS. I didn't see a ton of what I liked from Salas when they first got him, though I loved what I saw from him in college, but wow that's a lot for a PS guy. Don't think it's important nor do I think it really matters moving forward just a random piece of info I had forgotten about

[/QUOTE]

Well I didnt, but I wasnt expecting much from him either so I guess he is where I expect him to stay. the P/S providing a warm body. Well atleast 1 out of 4 of Joshys boys have worked out...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this was a story in late September; they raised his pay, probably as a show of good faith so he wouldn't leave if another team made an offer.  PS players can sign with other teams, but don't HAVE to.  They obviously like him a lot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

no i didnt forget.

it seemd like they will move forward from welker next eyar (at the beginning of the year).

i saw salas as a bigger slot guy (with more reach).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well I wouldn't say that, Kraft has always been willing to toss around chump change to keep a player on the PS. But, only if BB wanted him to. For example Carter last year got a boast up to $15k I believe which was unheard of to give a PS player who didn't show much promise in pre-season that much. Then this past off-season he was cut before camp really even started. Salary might be an indication with other teams about interest or plans but for the Pats it's more an indication of BB doesn't like to share his toys and Kraft is willing to toss the bling to prevent another team from taking one of BB's hitting dummies

[/QUOTE]

"Kraft is willing to toss the bling to prevent another team from taking one of BB's hitting dummies"

:)

love this

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I totally forgot he was on the team. Honestly, I am refuse to care about guys on the practice squad. I fell for the idea that they we some how stashing Markell Carter there last year and he would be a player for the team this year, but I don't think he even made it much into training camp.

Let be realistic. If he is on the practice squad after playing in 6 games and getting 27 catches last season, it is because right now he would give them less than any of the WRs on the roster (Welker, Branch, Lloyd, Edelman - I leave Slater off the list because he is really on this team for his Special Teams play).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to dwhite1220's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Would love to see him get some playing time. Let's face it our wr corp dosen't scare anyone.

[/QUOTE]

I would say our WR core scares everyone.  Seriously, this is the best offense in the NFL.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would say our WR core scares everyone.  Seriously, this is the best offense in the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

I would agree with that... No team has figured out how to consistently stop Welker. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Apart from Welker, who are they scared of from the WR corp? Lloyd? I don't think so.  I'm thinking that opponents are much more afraid of Hernandez and Gronk from the TE corp.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

When they cut Tarpenien yesterday that surprised me, I thought the guy was only on the practice squad.