Did anyone else notice this in the game today?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Did anyone else notice this in the game today?

For most of the game it appeared that the Pats were playing 3 safeties - Chung, Meriweather, and McGowan; with McGowan primarily on Keller. 

I thought that was pretty interesting to watch - I thought I had seen it a lot last weekend as well when they were shutting Manning down.  I really like the package with those 3 out there, they may be 3 of their 4 best DB's right now. 

If only they can get the D-line healthy and I think that defense could possibly turn into a very, very tough D in the rest of the season and the playoffs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DayWooo763. Show DayWooo763's posts

Re: Did anyone else notice this in the game today?

When were we shutting Manning down?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In Response to Re: Did anyone else notice this in the game today?:
    [QUOTE]When were we shutting Manning down?
    Posted by DayWooo763[/QUOTE]

When we held him to 14 points through 3 1/2 quarters. What game were you watching? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

In Response to Did anyone else notice this in the game today?:
    [QUOTE]For most of the game it appeared that the Pats were playing 3 safeties - Chung, Meriweather, and McGowan; with McGowan primarily on Keller.  I thought that was pretty interesting to watch - I thought I had seen it a lot last weekend as well when they were shutting Manning down.  I really like the package with those 3 out there, they may be 3 of their 4 best DB's right now.  If only they can get the D-line healthy and I think that defense could possibly turn into a very, very tough D in the rest of the season and the playoffs.
    Posted by jasonh86[/QUOTE]

Today Manning said he's seen some defenses over the last two weeks that he's never seen before. In the last two weeks he's thrown four interceptions (two each week) but shutting him down is going to require a more consistent defense than what the Pats delivered last weekend. As young and talented as that defensive backfield is...I believe the hope is that they can "shut down" Manning in the future.

IMHO beating the Colts may require scoring 40 points or more though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I like the secondary play alot. We need to shore up the other side of Bodden a bit, but experience will help that a bit.  But the safety play has been great.  Chung makes mistakes but is a good player.  I am loving the defense in general, a few lapses here and there, mostly around the hurry up offense i think.  I could be wrong there, but that is what seems to be gouging us.  That is fixable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Did anyone else notice this in the game today? : Today Manning said he's seen some defenses over the last two weeks that he's never seen before. In the last two weeks he's thrown four interceptions (two each week) but shutting him down is going to require a more consistent defense than what the Pats delivered last weekend. As young and talented as that defensive backfield is...I believe the hope is that they can "shut down" Manning in the future. IMHO beating the Colts may require scoring 40 points or more though.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]

I agree we'll need to put up a lot of points, but our D-line depth is what eventually hurt them in the end.  They were able to get a steady pass-rush and get in his face for 3 1/2 quarters, but without Green and Warren (Then lost Banta-Cain and Ninkovich in the LB group) it hurt the rotation that would have kept that D-line rested up enough to finish the job.  But without a pass-rush it doesn't matter what DB's you have back there against Manning, as much as I hate to say it. 

But I thought the 3-safety look was great, now if they can get some D-line depth back I think they'll be tough to beat in the playoffs with the way that secondary has played lately.  Sure they got beat for a couple TD's, but it's MUCH better than last year's secondary.  I really think Wilhite is doing quite well for how much he has played and the fact that it's only his 2nd year.  Wilhite and Butler could provide a promising future at the CB spot if they don't resign Bodden - but I don't want to see that for another 2 years. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did anyone else notice this in the game today? : When we held him to 14 points through 3 1/2 quarters. What game were you watching? 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

49Patriots... SF might be having tough go this year but I like what Singletary is doing hang in there!... Now, the Draft isn't  $*it as you put it the good players are still there you just have to have a smart front office like Patriots to know where they are and to not over reach for a player just because you need that position! That is what seperates the great organizations from the bad ones wait and see the improvement from this year to next in KC!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

[QUOTE]When were we shutting Manning down?
    Posted by DayWooo763[/QUOTE]

Obviously this guy didnt watch the game.