Did anyone watch the Jay Glazer interview with Richie Incognito?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Did anyone watch the Jay Glazer interview with Richie Incognito?

Very good and interesting interview.  Jay Glazer gets all the scoops!

If you watched it , what diid you think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: Did anyone watch the Jay Glazer interview with Richie Incognito?

I saw some parts of it on ESPN last night.  I think this is way overblown by media... but I maybe naive.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I saw some parts of it on ESPN last night.  I think this is way overblown by media... but I maybe naive.  

[/QUOTE]

See if you can find the whole interview, very interesting.  Incognito told Glazer he could look at all his texts from Martin on his phone, which Glazer printed out and read one from after this all came out.  Doesn't sound like Martin dislikes or felt bullied by Incognito.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

I thought Martin was full of it from the start. The facts, as they slowly trickle out, seem to support this view.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

My thoughts ...

1) Incognito is not a nice person.  When he cleans up and has time to prep for an interview he can present his case in a somewhat reasonable way.  I don't think the voicemail was a "joke" as he claimed.

2) I don't think Martin left because of "bullying".   I think he is insecure and saw his starting job slipping away.

3) I think Martin's parents got involved once he left the team.  Are his parents both lawyers?  Anyway, as Martin was probably recounting why he left, my guess is that the last thing he'd do is tell his parents he had self-doubt.  In the course of the discussion he probably mentioned some of the other stuff that went on in the lockerroom.  My guess is his parents thought ... hmm, he's never going back to football, but maybe there's some money to be made here.  Call me cynical.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'd like to see if he actually has the texts and what they say.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd like to see if he actually has the texts and what they say.

[/QUOTE]

He gave them all to the reporter

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Another interesting thing- Martin made the same "joke" about killing incognitos parents

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I had never heard Incognito speak before, needless to say I was a little blown away how he handled himself. This guy should be a politician because he makes bad things sound resonable.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

if peole actually read or respond (gasp) to my posts , this issue would have come into some clarity days ago....    take your time... you'll figure it out eventually..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

Jones is a bad football player that lost his job and now he is trying to shakedown the Dolphins.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

My thoughts ...

1) Incognito is not a nice person.  When he cleans up and has time to prep for an interview he can present his case in a somewhat reasonable way.  I don't think the voicemail was a "joke" as he claimed.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think he had to prep a lot to make his case.  I think his team has pretty much backed him up also so that is huge.

And Glazer said he went through the texts from martin and it backs up wht Incognito is saying to.  Glazer had all the texts printed out and with him in studio.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

if people actually read or respond (gasp) to my posts , this issue would have come into some clarity days ago....    take your time... you'll figure it out eventually..

I'm sorry, did you say something?  :o)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

What really matters at the end of this is...Dolphins coaches had Incognito toughening up Martin...when asked if this was the case Incognito said no comment...at the end of this Dolphins mgmt will pay the price for encouraging the hazing and bullying regardless of the relationship between Incognito and Martin. Back to the dark ages for the Fish! Wahhh for Dolphins fans...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

My thoughts ...

2) I don't think Martin left because of "bullying".   I think he is insecure and saw his starting job slipping away.

3) I think Martin's parents got involved once he left the team.  Are his parents both lawyers?  Anyway, as Martin was probably recounting why he left, my guess is that the last thing he'd do is tell his parents he had self-doubt.  In the course of the discussion he probably mentioned some of the other stuff that went on in the lockerroom.  My guess is his parents thought ... hmm, he's never going back to football, but maybe there's some money to be made here.  Call me cynical.

[/QUOTE]

My thoughts?  Follow the money.

I think you (and most of the country) are being naive. Martin decided a long time ago he wanted out of football and every last thing he did from that point forward was designed to make him look like a victim and to set up a damages claim and his exit from the NFL. His parents (and who knows who else they consulted with, probably a Florida law firm) scripted the whole thing. 

Incognito, the coaching staff, the other players all acted predictably, and the Martin team just manipulated the whole thing. Why else do you keep a voice mail that's nearly a year old and only now bring it up as a source of your anxiety and fear, after you've played it for teammates and laughed about it?  

Why bring up the Vegas trip that was 6 months ago and try and make it seem as if all this extortion stuff is ongoing? Why cite the time in the cafeteria when everybody got up, when you have participated in the same ritual many times at the expense of others and laughed about it?

It's just using the legal system to get out of working for a living. This stuff goes on every day. It's a variation on the supermarket slip and fall. It's someone who knows a lawyer who told them what to do. That's the core of this story. It has nothing to do with the NFL's "culture" and everything to do with money.  

Incognito is a doofus, but in the end he's a sort of useful idiot. The story would have played out another way if he wasn't around.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

[QUOTE]

My thoughts ...

My thoughts?  Follow the money.

I think you (and most of the country) are being naive. Martin decided a long time ago he wanted out of football and every last thing he did from that point forward was designed to make him look like a victim and to set up a damages claim and his exit from the NFL. His parents (and who knows who else they consulted with, probably a Florida law firm) scripted the whole thing. 

Incognito, the coaching staff, the other players all acted predictably, and the Martin team just manipulated the whole thing. Why else do you keep a voice mail that's nearly a year old and only now bring it up as a source of your anxiety and fear, after you've played it for teammates and laughed about it?  

Why bring up the Vegas trip that was 6 months ago and try and make it seem as if all this extortion stuff is ongoing? Why cite the time in the cafeteria when everybody got up, when you have participated in the same ritual many times at the expense of others and laughed about it?

It's just using the legal system to get out of working for a living. This stuff goes on every day. It's a variation on the supermarket slip and fall. It's someone who knows a lawyer who told them what to do. That's the core of this story. It has nothing to do with the NFL's "culture" and everything to do with money.  

Incognito is a doofus, but in the end he's a sort of useful idiot. The story would have played out another way if he wasn't around.

[/QUOTE]

I think we agree more than we differ.   But I don't think he came to the idea of the legal angle on his own.  I think insecurity made him leave.  Then, with aid of counsel (parents, etc) he started the legal ball rolling.

The instances you cite of his laughing, participating in similar behavior, etc. would not support his claim if he had this mindset from the get-go.  He's not that dumb of a guy.  If you want the claim to have substance it does not support your position if you undermine your case at every turn.  I think he saved the voicemail because it reinforced his own insecurity.  But now it is being used for a different purpose.

EDIT:  And if you were correct and he was planning his case for a long time ... suppose he suffered a career-ending injury in the meantime?  If he subsequently filed a "harrassment " claim that would look very suspicious.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

I think we agree more than we differ.   But I don't think he came to the idea of the legal angle on his own.  I think insecurity made him leave.  Then, with aid of counsel (parents, etc) he started the legal ball rolling.

The instances you cite of his laughing, participating in similar behavior, etc. would not support his claim if he had this mindset from the get-go.  He's not that dumb of a guy.  If you want the claim to have substance it does not support your position if you undermine your case at every turn.  I think he saved the voicemail because it reinforced his own insecurity.  But now it is being used for a different purpose.

[/QUOTE]

Could be, we'll see how it plays out. I just don't believe he decided two weeks ago to leave football. I think he decided it some time ago and brought it up with the folks and they told him how to play it. Whether it was a couple of months ago or a year, who knows? We're not likely to ever learn that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:

[QUOTE]if people actually read or respond (gasp) to my posts , this issue would have come into some clarity days ago....    take your time... you'll figure it out eventually..
    [/QUOTE]
    I'm sorry, did you say something?  :o)

[/QUOTE]

I think so...  but if a tree falls in the forest  and no one posts anything...  Does it make a sound at all.............?...    lol.?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Work place harassment doesn't count in Football.  I'm sure Payton is looking forward to t-bagging some MRI tech tomorrow because sexual harassment is ok also.  Let's blame the victim.  F'ing idiots.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

If what Incognito said was right--that he and Martin regularly texted each other back and forth with similarly threatening messages--then the idea that Martin was planning a lawsuit for months really makes no sense.  Why would he create evidence that he was a willing participant in these exchanges if he wanted to sue?  

The much more likely scenario is that Martin simply broke down emotionally from the constant hazing and decided he needed a break from it.  There's a possibility he's not planning to sue anyone for harassment.  He may just be trying to get out of his contract with the Dolphins so he can seek employment elsewhere where the locker room situation is more to his liking.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Lets see how it plays out.  At this point there's just as much evidence Martin harassed Incognito as vise versa.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

where is all the evidence  Martin was being relentlessly hazed. 

The dude lost his job and mind. He couldn't take the pressure and now he is setting up a bogus lawsuit

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

If what Incognito said was right--that he and Martin regularly texted each other back and forth with similarly threatening messages--then the idea that Martin was planning a lawsuit for months really makes no sense.  Why would he create evidence that he was a willing participant in these exchanges if he wanted to sue?  

The much more likely scenario is that Martin simply broke down emotionally from the constant hazing and decided he needed a break from it.  There's a possibility he's not planning to sue anyone for harassment.  He may just be trying to get out of his contract with the Dolphins so he can seek employment elsewhere where the locker room situation is more to his liking.  

Yeah, it's really likely that Martin broke down and started sending threatening messages as a joke from the emotional stress.  How about the bleedingly obvious conclusion that the 1100 texts shows they were friends who thought those texts were funny and never took them serious.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to CHAMPSXLVIII's comment:

where is all the evidence  Martin was being relentlessly hazed. 

The dude lost his job and mind. He couldn't take the pressure and now he is setting up a bogus lawsuit

Why do people keep saying he lost his job?  He was still a starter right up to the game before he walked out (in New England for those who watched the game).  McKinnie was brought in to play left tackle, but Martin got moved back to the right side replacing Clabo.  Clabo was the guy who ended up on the bench.  

Martin had played right tackle all last year too, so it's not like he had the left tackle job for all that long. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's really likely that Martin broke down and started sending threatening messages as a joke from the emotional stress.  How about the bleedingly obvious conclusion that the 1100 texts shows they were friends who thought those texts were funny and never took them serious.

[/QUOTE]

Or maybe Martin was trying to play along with it but didn't really like it and finally decided to leave? I don't know why that's so hard to comprehend.