did BRENT MUSBERGER cross the line last night?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: did BRENT MUSBERGER cross the line last night?

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Saying a woman is gorgeous when she is gorgeous is not a crime. Pretty hypocritical when your company hires attractive sideline reporters all the time etc....maybe ESPN will hire Webb after she gets her journalism degree. Sex sells on TV. Always has always will.

[/QUOTE]

+1.

I could see being upset if Mush made comments about her melons or camel toe, but all he said was that she was beautiful and QBs get all the luck. No big deal.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

Not according to Miss Alabama

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20662850,00.html

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Good grief, they've only been dating for a month? Much ado about nothing.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

Come on Brent, you should know better. ESPN is a network that values intelligence and inner beauty in women. They don't want to send the message that they only care about looks. That's why they hired Erin Andrews.

But to be fair, I would've said the same thing about Miss Alabama, although maybe not in such an emphatic way on national television.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to COMMIE-CONTRARIAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8825207/aj-mccarron-girlfriend-katherine-webb-spotlight-bcs-title-game

only in america, she's gone from no-name status with a few hundred twitter followers to now having 143K followers, more than mccarron.. the power has changed.. he better marry and get that thing barefoot and pregnant.. she's already being hit on by pro guys and more will folow.. now a competition for who can tear her away.. she's from auburn, perhaps bo jackson will get in on that action..

[/QUOTE]

cc this language after doing the right thing with this thread (get that thing barefoot and pregnant.. s? shaking my head. these are human beings.

[/QUOTE]

contrarian doesnt always think everything through and will listen to logic. bredbru, you have a point. was writing quicker than i was thinking... point of my thread was to not treat women like objects on national telecasts. one thing to do it privately but he pretty much singled out the women for sexual thrills as if they bring nothing to the table except their looks. clearly not the case. comrade, i should have stayed away from the thingand pregnant comment.. meant to say "he better put a ring on that finger and make a formal commitment"...

[/QUOTE]

Brent was speaking faster than he was thinking... its just that he was on the air and you are in a thread.... OK so he and his partner were over the top with it... but it was not as bad as being truly misogynistic. Just a bit like Homer Simpson...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

does anyone here know what commodification of sex is. 

may i suggest a women's studies class. 

when a fish is born in water it does not know it's wet. 

were taught to see what we see and what we dont see. unitl we unlearn our cultural programming (or software download).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

A woman's study class?   All you need to know about women is that their ok till their sister gets killed by that house then their not fun anymore. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Maybe ESPN will have Baba Walters interview him like she did Marv Albert, "Marv do you like rough sex". Still one of the funniest questions I've ever heard asked.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Oh and this is completely silly, he called a beauty queen beautiful.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Good grief, they've only been dating for a month? Much ado about nothing.....

[/QUOTE]

like I said in another post. she's too hot for McCarron. I don't see it lasting