Did Polian Get The Kickoff Changed To Benefit The Colts (the indianoplis CULT worships manning- it is not a team)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

Did Polian Get The Kickoff Changed To Benefit The Colts (the indianoplis CULT worships manning- it is not a team)

This is what he said after the wild card loss to the jets
    "I won't sugarcoat it or make excuses," Polian said on his radio show as quoted on Colts.com. "Kickoff coverage lost the game for us."

On the play, Jets returner Antonio Cromartie -- substituting for injured Brad Smith -- returned a kick a yard deep in the end zone 47 yards to the Jets 46. The Jets then drove for a 32-yard field goal on the game's final play.

"So, it boils down to about two kickoff returns worth about 88 yards, which we didn't cover," Polian said. "It's that simple. Bill Parcells often says every 10 yards is worth one point. We gave them eight points, nine points basically, in terms of field position by our kickoff coverage. Both cases, it was one guy getting out of his lane, not maintaining lane discipline.

"Cromartie is a great straight-ahead runner and if you maintain lane discipline and don't give him a lane, he's going to change direction, which is not a strength. That lost the game for us, pure and simple."

Polian said the kickoff return was particularly upsetting because the defense minutes earlier had stopped the Jets on downs twice -- once after a punt and then again after the Jets were awarded a first down on a running-into-the-kicker penalty -- to set up a 50-yard field goal by Adam Vinatieri.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: Did Polian Get The Kickoff Changed To Benefit The Colts

Would not surprise me the least bit.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I would sooner lean towards it getting changed for the Bolts.  #1 D #1 O and cant beat anyone due to special teams. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

i was listening to the bill simmons podcast and michael lombardi sorta hinted this was the case. then i see this quote and i'm like the poLIEn strikes again

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

Lombardi mentioned that teams with top-heavy salary structures, such as the colts, are weak with special teams

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

i'm going to continually bump this. because my spidey sense tells me that this rule change was a result of polian on the rules committee.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: Did Polian Get The Kickoff Changed To Benefit The Colts (waiting for a response from ud6)

Every team has to vote for a change like this, right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Re: Did Polian Get The Kickoff Changed To Benefit The Colts (waiting for a response from ud6)

A big kickoff returns creates excitement and may be a game changer. I am bored by touchbacks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

There was antisemitism in germany before hitler, but one mean sonofagun made it happen- we all know the poliar, the nepotist, feigned concern for players health and pushed this crud to help his crud team- hopefully, 5head gets his stupid face broke this year because of the bad karma

In Response to Re: Did Polian Get The Kickoff Changed To Benefit The Colts (waiting for a response from ud6):
    [QUOTE]Every team has to vote for a change like this, right?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Did Polian Get The Kickoff Changed To Benefit The Colts (waiting for a response from ud6):
    [QUOTE]Every team has to vote for a change like this, right?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Yeah.... but I am sure Polian made threats to other owners...Telling them he had connections if they didn't support him and he would get them back!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I thought only the competition committee ratified rule changes?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Did Polian Get The Kickoff Changed To Benefit The Colts (the indianoplis CULT worships manning- it is not a team)

In Response to Did Polian Get The Kickoff Changed To Benefit The Colts (the indianoplis CULT worships manning- it is not a team):
    [QUOTE]This is what he said after the wild card loss to the jets "I won't sugarcoat it or make excuses," Polian said on his radio show as quoted on Colts.com . "Kickoff coverage lost the game for us." On the play, Jets returner Antonio Cromartie -- substituting for injured Brad Smith -- returned a kick a yard deep in the end zone 47 yards to the Jets 46. The Jets then drove for a 32-yard field goal on the game's final play. "So, it boils down to about two kickoff returns worth about 88 yards, which we didn't cover," Polian said. "It's that simple. Bill Parcells often says every 10 yards is worth one point. We gave them eight points, nine points basically, in terms of field position by our kickoff coverage. Both cases, it was one guy getting out of his lane, not maintaining lane discipline. "Cromartie is a great straight-ahead runner and if you maintain lane discipline and don't give him a lane, he's going to change direction, which is not a strength. That lost the game for us, pure and simple." Polian said the kickoff return was particularly upsetting because the defense minutes earlier had stopped the Jets on downs twice -- once after a punt and then again after the Jets were awarded a first down on a running-into-the-kicker penalty -- to set up a 50-yard field goal by Adam Vinatieri .
    Posted by McFEETers[/QUOTE]

I think you're on to something, my friend. As we all know, this is not the first time that Polian has pushed for a rule change...under the guise that it's for player safety, which just so happened to benefit his Ponies.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

Re: Did Polian Get The Kickoff Changed To Benefit The Colts (the indianoplis CULT worships manning- it is not a team)

so you dont think bill polian used his position on the competition committe to push for this change which benefits the colts?
    michael lombardi might not be the most brilliant nfl mind out there (he said if he had been made gm of san fran he would have traded for hoyer) but he is plugged into higher nfl circles- he implied this was the case and it makes sense to me

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I thought only the competition committee ratified rule changes?
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Polian is a prominent member of that Committee. For a while, he and "The Pious One", Tony Dungy, sat on that Committee. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

....and don't forget Polien and Mike Martz(at the time H/C of the Rams)spearheaded what became "The Patriot Rule" after SB36.......

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Manning is the Colts.  Manning is done.  The Colts are done!!!  There is absolutely nothing NaPolian can do to change that fact.  The Window has closed on the Colts while the Patriots are favorites again.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb35. Show isurfvb35's posts

owners voted 26-6 for the rule, but as mentioned on espn, they voted for the rule thinking that anything they can use to their advantage to add another 2 more games to the schedule would help in negotiating it during the lockout. looks like they did it to try to get more money, not player safety. and it failed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: Did Polian Get The Kickoff Changed To Benefit The Colts (the indianoplis CULT worships manning- it is not a team):
    [QUOTE]....and don't forget Polien and Mike Martz(at the time H/C of the Rams)spearheaded what became "The Patriot Rule" after SB36.......
    Posted by NESportnut[/QUOTE]
    completely incorrect.  What they askwas that the refs apply a rule as it is written. 

Interestingly, Pats fans will defend the correct application of the tuck rule as it paved the way for their first SB.  On the other hand, you complain that the colts simply asked that the 5 yard chuck rule be applied correctly, which it wasn't.  

Rather call that ridiculously stupid.  I'll just chalk it up to fandom.  K?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyIove. Show IndyIove's posts

In Response to Re: Did Polian Get The Kickoff Changed To Benefit The Colts (the indianoplis CULT worships manning- it is not a team):
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did Polian Get The Kickoff Changed To Benefit The Colts (the indianoplis CULT worships manning- it is not a team) : completely incorrect.  What they askwas that the refs apply a rule as it is written.  Interestingly, Pats fans will defend the correct application of the tuck rule as it paved the way for their first SB.  On the other hand, you complain that the colts simply asked that the 5 yard chuck rule be applied correctly, which it wasn't.   Rather call that ridiculously stupid.  I'll just chalk it up to fandom.  K?
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

actually i dont think that most pats fans would think that it was an incomplete pass.  i certainly didnt.  however, he did hit brady in the head so that whole play shouldnt have even mattered