did the Pats keep/sign the right guy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

did the Pats keep/sign the right guy?

who would you have prefered at SS alongside McCourty? Merri or Gregory?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: did the Pats keep/sign the right guy?

Meriweather hasn't played a full season since he left Foxboro and he is getting absolutely hammered with fines, penalties and a suspension because of his headhunting and the increased emphasis on preventing head injuries.  His best years are behind him and frankly his last season in NE was not impressive which is probably why he was cut.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Merriweather is completely undisciplined and lacks the smarts Belichick demands at the safety position.  He's physically more talented than Gregory, but he doesn't have the mental skills to play safety in a Bill Belichick defense. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Meri always had the "pure" talent but may have been too stupid and was clearly too undisciplined which seemed to be why he was not resigned.

A good coach will always be inclined to take or stay with a guy who has slightly less talent but that he trusts to do what is asked of him over the pure gifted athlete who is a total knucklehead. Especially in a sport like football or any heavily "team" / system oriented sport.

Just my opinion anyway.

From the moment Meri made his public comments about ignoring the coaching and "trying some things" or free lancing I figured his days were numbered, and they were.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sml1210. Show sml1210's posts

Merriweather is too stupid to play in Foxboro. Won't stick to the scheme (you do remember him constantly out of position, don't you?) and always a "me-first" kind of guy.

I don't want either of them to be honest.