Did the PI call lose the game for the pats?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Did the PI call lose the game for the pats?

lets hear your thoughts and cast your votes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoHoldingCalls. Show NoHoldingCalls's posts

Re: Did the PI call lose the game for the pats?

In Response to Did the PI call lose the game for the pats?:
    [QUOTE]lets hear your thoughts and cast your votes.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]
    Missing Option
    It didn't help, but the Patriots should anticipate such calls since they have happened in every game going back to 2003 and should plan accordingly.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

with two turnovers occuring inside the 3 yard line, as much as i would love to have seen this call not happen(maybe it could have maybe it couldnt have) the patriots did not put this game away when they had their chances and the colts deserved to win this game as much as its pains me

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nicolosito. Show nicolosito's posts

No it did not. The game was lost due to (1) the inability of the Pats to run the ball in key short down situations in the 2nd half - Maroney is a loser and has
    to go and (2) the Pats defense basically shut down on the Colts' last 3 drives - no pressure on Manning and very weak defensive back play. Almost every single play the Colts ran then went for 10 yards or more. The Pats are far from their heyday in the mid-2000's, especially on defense and with the run (Dillon and
    Smith are missed).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhb2. Show jhb2's posts

In Response to Re: Did the PI call lose the game for the pats?:
    [QUOTE]No it did not. The game was lost due to (1) the inability of the Pats to run the ball in key short down situations in the 2nd half - Maroney is a loser and has to go and (2) the Pats defense basically shut down on the Colts' last 3 drives - no pressure on Manning and very weak defensive back play. Almost every single play the Colts ran then went for 10 yards or more. The Pats are far from their heyday in the mid-2000's, especially on defense and with the run (Dillon and Smith are missed).
    Posted by nicolosito[/QUOTE]

I can't say it any better so I'll just "Amen" it!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Not directly. It did change the timeline and gave 33 yards on an important drive with under 4 minutes left. It was an incorrect call that did affect the events following it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

I won't cast a vote either way. I did feel that the call contributed in a big way to the Colts victory. You can't ignore a bad call that gives the Colts great field position with 4 minutes left to go in a close game. However, the Pats failed to execute in several ways and if they had, they could have won easily. Maroney's fumble and Brady's interception in the end zone were major mistakes, and the defense ran out of gas and played poorly at the end of the fourth quarter. Furthermore, if Maroney were a better back and picked up more yards using the ground attack at the end of the game, they could have run out the clock. In short, the bogus PI flag was costly, but the Patriots beat themselves, too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

I thought Maroney ran better than he normally does?  I don't know - it was like a 4am kickoff here so maybe it was Faulk a couple times and my head was messed up!

The PI call was total BS.  Someone made that post about that EXACT scenario earlier in the week and I was mad because I felt they were making excuses...

Anyway, can't say it lost the game for them because they had the ball, up 6 and had chances to put it away OR PUNT!!!!! 

I know Brady is covering for BB when he "said, we make that play, we take a knee and win"....

Yeah, yeah... so you put the game on 1 play???  When if you punt, you put the game on about 7 plays.  They picked off Manning twice!  Wasn't it cool to see Manning back to his "old ways" shaking his head, expressing frustration? 

They had this one and BB totally made the wrong call.  It hurts...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

[QUOTE]I thought Maroney ran better than he normally does?  I don't know - it was like a 4am kickoff here so maybe it was Faulk a couple times and my head was messed up! The PI call was total BS.  Someone made that post about that EXACT scenario earlier in the week and I was mad because I felt they were making excuses... Anyway, can't say it lost the game for them because they had the ball, up 6 and had chances to put it away OR PUNT!!!!!  I know Brady is covering for BB when he "said, we make that play, we take a knee and win".... Yeah, yeah... so you put the game on 1 play???  When if you punt, you put the game on about 7 plays.  They picked off Manning twice!  Wasn't it cool to see Manning back to his "old ways" shaking his head, expressing frustration?  They had this one and BB totally made the wrong call.  It hurts...
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

Maroney was definitely not better than usual. He had 13 carries for 31 yards, an average of 2.4 per carry. He also had that horrible fumble near the goal line. Kevin Faulk did have a solid game -- 12 carries for 79 yards, which gave him an average of 6.6 yards per carry.

I totally agree about the PI call being terrible, and BB making a bad decision to go for it on fourth down.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from IraqSteve. Show IraqSteve's posts

Roger that! Someone just posted the stats on Maroney 31yr on 13 carries!  My bad... he sucked!!  I take all that back about Maroney.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

[QUOTE]Roger that! Someone just posted the stats on Maroney 31yr on 13 carries!  My bad... he sucked!!  I take all that back about Maroney.
    Posted by IraqSteve[/QUOTE]

No worries! If I was up at that hour I would probably be incoherent. :)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

only 10 votes?  c'mon people

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Not directly. It did change the timeline and gave 33 yards on an important drive with under 4 minutes left. It was an incorrect call that did affect the events following it.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying the Colts would not have scored a touch down anyways but it would have taken them longer to get there and might not have had enough time for their comeback.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

The game was so close you can pick any one play or penalty that cost the game for the Pats.