Did they have the first down?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from marcfrombc. Show marcfrombc's posts

Did they have the first down?

On TV they showed the "play" a few times on replay and given where their imaginary line was drawn on the screen it looked to me as though Faulk made it, even with the bobble. However, they never should have gone for it anyway, but they added insult to injury by calling a timeout to decide what play to run, thus blowing a chance to challenge. I guess the game even speeds up on Belichick sometimes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Re: Did they have the first down?

THEY HAD IT! but they shouldnt have gone for it. BUT THEY HAD IT. THEY HAD IT

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Did they have the first down?:
    [QUOTE]On TV they showed the "play" a few times on replay and given where their imaginary line was drawn on the screen it looked to me as though Faulk made it, even with the bobble. However, they never should have gone for it anyway, but they added insult to injury by calling a timeout to decide what play to run, thus blowing a chance to challenge. I guess the game even speeds up on Belichick sometimes.
    Posted by marcfrombc[/QUOTE]

Why is play in quotes? Are you implying there was no play?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marcfrombc. Show marcfrombc's posts

In Response to Re: Did they have the first down?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Did they have the first down? : Why is play in quotes? Are you implying there was no play?
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]
    No, it is in quotes because it is the only play most of us are talking about, despite the fact there were lots of crucial plays in the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtroth. Show jtroth's posts

Unfortunately, sometimes bad calls decide games. Faulk bobbled the ball momentarily but STILL got the first-down yardage. If the refs call that correctly, the Patriots get the first down, run out most of the clock and win the game. It's really that simple.