Did we Redshirt Vereen?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Did we Redshirt Vereen?

This was the kinda game that it would have been nice to have an edge runner.

I know BJGE is still dinged up, but be honest, on that first carry for 18 he was not touched and only had the safety to beat.  That should be taken to the house.

Disappointing that young guys like Vereen, Dowling, and Price can't get/stay on the field.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Did we Redshirt Vereen?

Maybe the coaches are being to cautious with these guys.  I wonder if it's hurting their development.  I mean other teams play rookies.  Why not us?  If our schemes are that complex, maybe we need to simplify our schemes.  Either that, or we need to recruit only Ivy league players . . . 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

You don't draft a RB that high unless you expect him to contribute immediately. Otherwise, it's a bad and wasted pick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

BB doesn't like change.  We had to endure 4 excruciating years of Maroney before he finally switched to the slightly better BJGE.  When I see Benny hit the hole for his one 12 yard rush I immediately think that Ridley probably would of taken it to the house. 

Fact is where stuck with BJGE all year at lead back.  It's the same thing every game, he will have a 12 - 15 yard run early then a few 4 yarders and by the 2nd half he's averaging about 2 yards a carry.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Every other team in the league plays rookie RBs and WRs.

Not sure why BB hates playing the young guys.  But he definitely hates it.  If Vereen and Ridley aren't the top two backs on the team - then they should have never been drafted. 

There is no RB talent on the team!  How can the rooks not get PT??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Here's my breakdown of BB:
    Hates rookies...unless they're tight ends.
    Loves anybody that plays cornerback, unless he drafted them.
    Loves big money receivers, as long as they don't understand the system.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Re: Did we Redshirt Vereen?:
    [QUOTE]Here's my breakdown of BB: Hates rookies...unless they're tight ends. Loves anybody that plays cornerback, unless he drafted them. Loves big money receivers, as long as they don't understand the system.
    Posted by touchdownpats[/QUOTE]

Laurence Maroney (are we still allowed to say his name?) played a lot as a rookie.  Ridley had 3 carries today.  Not sure if the coaches did not like what they saw - very puzzling.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 3SB-rings. Show 3SB-rings's posts

Don't forget to give credit to that powerful OLine. They really blow people off the line and open up those lanes. We won't even get into pass blocking.