Did you cheap, New England skin-flints make your MHK pledge yet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Did you cheap, New England skin-flints make your MHK pledge yet?

So far, not many pledges for a worthy cause (Pats Foundation).  I made my first downpayment for the divisional and AFCC wins last week.  What about you?

Time for some folks to take the hand-off.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Did you cheap, New England skin-flints make your MHK pledge yet?

No, I'm gonna go $50 per playoff game and send it next week.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Thanks for the reminder, Chris.  Made my contributions online via CC just a few moments ago.  Remind me, if you would, how we're showing proof of contribution here?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I gave $200 at the beginning of the season and $50 for the last 2 wins. I'm not sure I can afford more at this point given the other charities I give too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Did you cheap, New England skin-flints make your MHK pledge yet?:
    [QUOTE]Thanks for the reminder, Chris.  Made my contributions online via CC just a few moments ago.  Remind me, if you would, how we're showing proof of contribution here?
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

I made a copy of my Pats Foudation receipt (tax deduction :)) when I went to print options and saved it.  Then I uploaded that receipt to a format in which I can sensored-out personal stuff, like address, email, etc. I used Corel. You can also use Publisher or just scan it.  Then I uploaded my censored dock as a JPEG (by exporeting it form Corel first).  It took a while, I will admit, so if you want to view it, go to my MHK thread of eight days back.  (Search by "chrisakawoody + MHK donation").

If that thread is still active, post there.  If not, post here.

Shenanigan had a touching personal account of the Ronald McD House, so I am making half of my (hopefully) next installment for a SB win to RMH, on his family's behalf.  I am sure the Pats will equally appreciate that, since it is in a likewise spirit.

Thanks for asking.

Also post a photo of you and yours enjoying a Pats game, if you like.  I will be posting mine post-SB on Monday.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Did you cheap, New England skin-flints make your MHK pledge yet?:
    [QUOTE]I gave $200 at the beginning of the season and $50 for the last 2 wins. I'm not sure I can afford more at this point given the other charities I give too.
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

That is very generous.  Make sure you post your photo, OK?  Thanks.

Remember, I only suggested an amount.  Even $5 is cool.  Nobody should be feeling self-conscious.  We give what we can, and last year I would not have afforded even $5.  I assure you, it will be more than most will give, so don't let the size of your donation prohibit any of you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

I ain't giving my money to no one.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]I ain't giving my money to no one.
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]

Soooo...you are giving your money to someone?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Let's try this:
    teTime: 01/31/12 04:35 PM
    Email: *************23j@aol.com
    Bill To: A***** J****n
    PO Box 231194
    Hartford, CT, 06123-1194
    United States
    Phone: (860) ***-****
    Fax: (860) ***-****

ItemSKUOptionPriceQty.Ext.
    NEPCF Donation  Donation$100.002$200.00
    Line item total:  $200.00
    TOTAL:  $200.00

Payment Type:Account or Code:Charged:
    Credit Card Via Authorize.NETXXXX5406 $200.00

Thank you for your order.

The New England Patriots Charitable Foundation, Inc. (federal tax ID number 04-3244069) is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization as described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. For your tax records, we acknowledge that no goods or services were provided in exchange for your contribution. As a result your contribution is fully tax-deductible as provided by law.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

part that didn't copy:
    NEPCF Donation  Donation 2$200.00
    Line item total:  $200.00
    TOTAL:  $200.00

Credit Card Via Authorize.NETXXXX5406 $200.00

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

OK - now let's go Pats so you can get into My beer money for another $200 worth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]I ain't giving my money to no one.
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]

Your money, your choice.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I was thinking about placing a bet for the Pats at $200, that way if they/I win, I just send the money along to the Pats and it was already in my budget.  If I lose, well..don't want that, but again, no difference.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

And way to go, ATJ.  That's a pretty good chunk we have all together and possibly a lot more.

I would love to do this, $10 per win, next season.  Would be easy to get a large number of takers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

DateTime: 01/23/12 12:49 PM 
    Email: *************025@gmail.com
    Bill To: K**** M****
    United States 
    Phone: (603) ***-**** 
    Fax: (617) ***-****

ItemSKUOptionPriceQty.Ext.
    NEPCF Donation Donation$50.001$50.00
    Line item total:  $50.00
    TOTAL:  $50.00
    Credit Card Via Authorize.NETXXXX4970$50.00

Thank you for your order. 

The New England Patriots Charitable Foundation, Inc. (federal tax ID number 04-3244069) is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization as described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. For your tax records, we acknowledge that no goods or services were provided in exchange for your contribution. As a result your contribution is fully tax-deductible as provided by law.

That's the only one I kept. I know it's kind of foolish but I never keep my records for donations and never use them as tax write offs. It might sound strange but it doesn't really feel like I'm giving if I get it back from the Gov anyways. Though now that I think about I could always donate what I get back from the tax write off. Hrm... not sure why I never thought of that before

Huh that's odd its only showing part of it. But, that was one of the $50 not all the donations

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

No.  Not going to either.  Please vilify me now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

no need to vilify at all. You either give or you don't. If you don't then no bigger, if you do then I hope the money goes to a good use. It's all about helping others not about saying who's evil and who's good

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]DateTime:  01/23/12 12:49 PM   Email: *************025@gmail.com Bill To:  K **** M**** ************************ ************************  United States  Phone: (603) ***-****  Fax: (617) ***-****   Item SKU Option Price Qty. Ext. NEPCF Donation   Donation $50.00 1 $50.00 Line item total:    $50.00 TOTAL:    $50.00 Payment Type: Account or Code: Charged: Credit Card Via Authorize.NET XXXX4970 $50.00 Thank you for your order.  The New England Patriots Charitable Foundation, Inc. (federal tax ID number 04-3244069) is a non-profit, tax-exempt organization as described in section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. For your tax records, we acknowledge that no goods or services were provided in exchange for your contribution. As a result your contribution is fully tax-deductible as provided by law. That's the only one I kept. I know it's kind of foolish but I never keep my records for donations and never use them as tax write offs. It might sound strange but it doesn't really feel like I'm giving if I get it back from the Gov anyways. Though now that I think about I could always donate what I get back from the tax write off. Hrm... not sure why I never thought of that before Huh that's odd its only showing part of it. But, that was one of the $50 not all the donations
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

But where does it end?  Inifnity?  

But seriously, thanks.  We are rollin'!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]No.  Not going to either.  Please vilify me now.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

You are villifying yourselves.  Nobody asked you to post a negative comment.  Some of us are just doing something that we think is positive and can't possibly be viewed in a negative light, so we don't appreciate somebody trying to be a buzz kill on this thing, is that cool? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Did you cheap, New England skin-flints make your MHK pledge yet? : You are villifying yourselves.  Nobody asked you to post a negative comment.  Some of us are just doing something that we think is positive and can't possibly be viewed in a negative light, so we don't appreciate somebody trying to be a buzz kill on this thing, is that cool? 
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

The title of the post says otherwise.  But whatever.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

You mean the humorous prod?  The call to action? You took that personally?  Really?  Whatever.  Sorry you gotta' feel that way.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Potato, Potahto.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Chris made a challenge to this forum in a couple of other threads to donate in memory of Myra Kraft to a charitable cause.  I appreciate his leadership in that regard and have chosen to participate as have several others.  That is a personal decision as is the choice not to give.  I would like to think that this is a positive thing.  If others choose to view it otherwise that is also their choice.  I didn't view his lighthearted prod at the start of this thread as anything other than another act of leadership.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

I don't know.

I've never been called a skin flint.

I'm not really sure what it is.

I certainly took it as an attempt at humor, not a real indictment on anyone.

I do, however, see how some people could take offense to it. Anytime one person says "you should be doing this", you'll get a certain amount of "F U! Get off your high horse!"

Does anyone need to have that reaction? No.

Does anyone need to advertise for a charity on a forum such as this? No.

Money, any mention of it, can be a very touchy subject for people, ESPECIALLY these days.

Not a big deal either way, in the future, it would be less potentially offensive to start a thread that is strictly informational, rather than "This is what I did, now go do the same." No, that's not how you put it, and you put it in very good context in a later post that was very well thought out. Many of us would like to have money to give to worthy causes and can not, shining a light on that makes people defensive at times.

Though I realize that's certainly not your intention, it's an unfortunate side-effect of a thread that should really be viewed as nothing but positive.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Yes! Waiting to make the next (hopefully) Monday!