Different topic - 11/22/1963

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Different topic - 11/22/1963

50 years ago today, a sitting president of the United States was assassinated while in office, JFK.  It is making the rounds everywhere today in which people recall where they were and what they were doing that day.  Amazing the recall people have of such a poignant moment in history and the subsequent impact it had on this country.  I'll be first to recount my memory of that day.

I was in 4th grade and I recall the teacher turning on a red transistor radio with the news broadcast that President Kennedy was shot.  I can still see it in my mind.  It was sunny outside and for a 9 year old, it was just another day.  Such a vivid memory to be so strong after all these years.

Who's next?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Re: Different topic - 11/22/1963

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

50 years ago today, a sitting president of the United States was assassinated while in office, JFK.  It is making the rounds everywhere today in which people recall where they were and what they were doing that day.  Amazing the recall people have of such a poignant moment in history and the subsequent impact it had on this country.  I'll be first to recount my memory of that day.

I was in 4th grade and I recall the teacher turning on a red transistor radio with the news broadcast that President Kennedy was shot.  I can still see it in my mind.  It was sunny outside and for a 9 year old, it was just another day.  Such a vivid memory to be so strong after all these years.

Who's next?

[/QUOTE]

Well since I wasnt close to being born for another 15 years couldnt anwser yhis,but have seen about this over the years and from what I learned everyone that was alive and can remeber knows exactlly what they were doing .It was the biggest lost in American History.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Headlines of todays Cape Cod Times...you would think it happened yesterday. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Headlines of todays Cape Cod Times...you would think it happened yesterday. 

[/QUOTE]

If you listen to folks talk about about this event, they recall it as if it DID happen yesterday.  That is how vivid folks memories are about that event and where they were.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

My parents had not even discussed my existence yet.

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on who you think was behind the assassination.

Also, favorite movie or documentary about the JFK assassination. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Would love to hear everyone's thoughts on who you think was behind the assassination.

[/QUOTE]

Thats the point - EVERY time a book or movie comes out about it even 50 years later its always a best seller!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I remember it quite vividly.  I was a senior in Roslindale High School.   About 30-45 minutes before we were released (typically at 2:20 pm) the teachers seemed unsettled about something.  Of course none of them would share that kind of info back then.  When it came time to leave, word passed rapidly that the President had been shot and then as we began migrating toward Roslindale Square came the word that he was dead.  Many of the girls were openly sobbing; most of the guys were quite somber.  My reaction was anger, confusion; and then an empty feeling, unsteady.  My buddy kept repeating over and over that he couldn't believe it as we were walking toward the square.  After about the 5th or 6h (who knows?) time he said it, I turned to him and said 'Will you shut the f**k up?' It was then that I truly came to realize just how angry and confused I really was.  Rightly, wrongly or indifferently JFK was my hero: Irish, Catholic, Bostonian and he had been murdered.  It was both a personal thing and an assault on my country.

Matters became all the more confusing when Ruby shot Oswald the next day.  My parents, very much blue collar hard-working people, were shaken by JFK's death but became truly worried after Oswald bought it.  Rumors and speculation were rampant. 

My friends, this was a major event in my life that I took quite personally.  Sorry if I rambled a bit.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I was in 6th grade or so. Went to Catholic school. They announced it over the intercom. People turned pale. You could tell the grownups were fearing it was some sort of prelude to an attack. It was the Cold War. The Ruskies were like mental cases, slamming their shoe on the UN table saying they would bury us. As an Irish Catholic kid from Massachusetts them killing JFK was akin to them killing family. I was pretty stunned by the event and so seemed everybody around me.

No way in hell that was perpetrated by Oswald alone. The whole thing stank to High Heaven, and the ones who did it are still in charge.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I remember it quite vividly.  I was a senior in Roslindale High School.   About 30-45 minutes before we were released (typically at 2:20 pm) the teachers seemed unsettled about something.  Of course none of them would share that kind of info back then.  When it came time to leave, word passed rapidly that the President had been shot and then as we began migrating toward Roslindale Square came the word that he was dead.  Many of the girls were openly sobbing; most of the guys were quite somber.  My reaction was anger, confusion; and then an empty feeling, unsteady.  My buddy kept repeating over and over that he couldn't believe it as we were walking toward the square.  After about the 5th or 6h (who knows?) time he said it, I turned to him and said 'Will you shut the f**k up?' It was then that I truly came to realize just how angry and confused I really was.  Rightly, wrongly or indifferently JFK was my hero: Irish, Catholic, Bostonian and he had been murdered.  It was both a personal thing and an assault on my country.

Matters became all the more confusing when Ruby shot Oswald the next day.  My parents, very much blue collar hard-working people, were shaken by JFK's death but became truly worried after Oswald bought it.  Rumors and speculation were rampant. 

My friends, this was a major event in my life that I took quite personally.  Sorry if I rambled a bit.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, you're really an old geezer Wink.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, but charmin' as a mo-fo Wink

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Yeah, but charmin' as a mo-fo Wink

[/QUOTE]

Very.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I saw a CNN special on his assassination last week and it was very intriguing. I know a ton about the Abraham Lincoln assassination. Fun fact: my father emmigrated to the States in early 80s and got into the roofing business. He was later contracted to put a roof over Lincoln's birthplace home in KY.

I don't think Oswald did it. I think it was an inside job.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

JFK campaigned on increasing the number of nuclear missiles capable of ending all life on Earth.  The psychopath got what he deserved.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to themightypatriots's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JFK campaigned on increasing the number of nuclear missiles capable of ending all life on Earth.  The psychopath got what he deserved.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about that but i think his enemies were whoever was protecting the federal reserve.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Interesting comment on the cold-blooded murder of the President of the United States; particularly so coming from someone who has repeatedly postioned himself on this board as someone who abhors violence.  Interesting word that: psychopath.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, you haven't gotten what you deserve.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Oswald took the job at book depository six weeks before the assassination. He lived in Ft. Worth and applied for the job at the book depository there, but they sent him to Dallas because they needed him there to cover for some employees on vacation, and he just stayed.

A few days before the motorcade, a co-worker handed him a newspaper story that showed the parade route going right by the building. Oswald had no idea before seeing that paper.

He was a low life psychopath, he had shot at an Army general a few months earlier and his wife knew, but was afraid to turn him in because he beat her often and she feared getting deported. I don't think he was in cohoots with anyone, but we'll never know for sure. I just think he was in his own world like Hinckley and Chapman. He wanted to be noticed, to be someone.

Great column.

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.net/digging-grave-an-honor.htm

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Interesting comment on the cold-blooded murder of the President of the United States; particularly so coming from someone who has repeatedly postioned himself on this board as someone who abhors violence.  Interesting word that: psychopath.

[/QUOTE]

Whatever.  Lots of people are murdered every day.  I'm sick of the rich and powerful glorifying themselves.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oswald took the job at book depository six weeks before the assassination. He lived in Ft. Worth and applied for the job at the book depository there, but they sent him to Dallas because they needed him there to cover for some employees on vacation, and he just stayed.

A few days before the motorcade, a co-worker handed him a newspaper story that showed the parade route going right by the building. Oswald had no idea before seeing that paper.

He was a low life psychopath, he had shot at an Army general a few months earlier and his wife knew, but was afraid to turn him in because he beat her often and she feared getting deported. I don't think he was in cohoots with anyone, but we'll never know for sure. I just think he was in his own world like Hinckley and Chapman. He wanted to be noticed, to be someone.

Great column.

[/QUOTE]

People who want to be "noticed" by assassinating a prez don't claim they're a patsy, have CIA connections and get blown away on camera by some mafia connected strip club goon.

I guess all those people who heard shots and started running to the grassy knoll were just nut jobs too, eh?

I guess them sneaking JFK out of town, having a gut perform the autopsy who had never done one and losing the brain was standard procedure too, eh?

There are scores of holes in the one shooter lie muzzy. Even the US Congress shot that BS down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Whatever.  Lots of people are murdered every day.  I'm sick of the rich and powerful glorifying themselves.

[/QUOTE]

What you don't "get" is that JFK was blown away for standing up to the very people you most detest.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

There are scores of holes in the one shooter lie muzzy. Even the US Congress shot that BS down.

Wasn't that mostly J Edgar trying to cover his a ss because the FBI knew Oswald was a whackjob and didn't turn anything over to the SS?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Great column.

[/QUOTE]

People who want to be "noticed" by assassinating a prez don't claim they're a patsy, have CIA connections and get blown away on camera by some mafia connected strip club goon.

I guess all those people who heard shots and started running to the grassy knoll were just nut jobs too, eh?

I guess them sneaking JFK out of town, having a gut perform the autopsy who had never done one and losing the brain was standard procedure too, eh?

[/QUOTE]

We should believe what Oswald said because he called himself a patsy?   He also said "I didn't shoot anyone", "I never killed anybody".  Do we ignore that part?  There was an eyewitness to him gunning down Officer Tippit.

People have a tough time coming to grips with a single lunatic pulling off the the murder of the leader of the free world all by himself.   But that is exactly what happened. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

We'll never know. Not ever.

I've read the books, watched the documentaries. I had a chance to meet a writer who's written books on the Kennedy family, the CIA, FBI, etc. Was best friends with Ted (spent an hour talking about Chappaquiddick). He's convinced there was a conspiracy, that they wanted to kill him in Chicago but the trip was cancelled, and then Tampa but someone tipped off the FBI so the attempt was called off.  

Could be, he makes a strong argument. But they've never tied Oswald to anybody. He renounced his citizenship, wanted to become a Russian but they could see he was nuts. He was a lone wolf, whackjob, delusional communist. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

We'll never know. Not ever.

I've read the books, watched the documentaries. I had a chance to meet a writer who's written books on the Kennedy family, the CIA, FBI, etc. Was best friends with Ted (spent an hour talking about Chappaquiddick). He's convinced there was a conspiracy, that they wanted to kill him in Chicago but the trip was cancelled, and then Tampa but someone tipped off the FBI so the attempt was called off.  

Could be, he makes a strong argument. But they've never tied Oswald to anybody. He renounced his citizenship, wanted to become a Russian but they could see he was nuts. He was a lone wolf, whackjob, delusional communist. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm inclined to subscribe to this view.  Only thing that has ever give me pause was Jack Ruby.  Can't seem to reconcile that part of it.