disabled crabled

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

disabled crabled

are some players more susceptible to injury or is it just plain rotten luck?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: disabled crabled

I would say both.  Some guys started with bad luck, then just cant stop getting hurt.  Crable on the other hand had a pretty injury free career until we drafted him then he turned to glass and breaks when the wind blows.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

I say both also, some players do just seem to be injured more than some. And then there's rotten luck. Bad field and Welker's knee, Edwards at the pro bowl flag football nonsense. Is it August yet?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

We should start a what will Crable injure next? Thread. I say foot. He hasn't injured that yet, has he?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i dont think crable's real issue is injuries. do you really think that he had to go on IR his rookie year for a shin bruise? he spent 8 weeks not making the game day roster so they needed someplace to stash him. and last season he got some mysterious groin injury...doing what?? his problem is that he's been woefully unprepared to play in the nfl and for whatever reason the coaching staff has been willing to give him not one, but two redshirt seasons. if he doesnt come out and kill it early in training camp, he is done. anyone who is expecting anything from this guy is going to be sorely disappointed. players dont come back from 2 straight seasons of inactivity to be successful, especially their first two seasons. name one. i dare you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Very easy to get injured. Happens all the time.  Some are lucky but most are not.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

crable has no injury history prior to getting drafted.  BB must have some reason to keep him.  he has all the desired physical skills. If he plays for an entire season he will definiately bolster our pass rush. If he plays all 16 games i think he will get at least 10 sacks, based on how he played at Michigan. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

In Response to Re: disabled crabled:
    players dont come back from 2 straight seasons of inactivity to be successful, especially their first two seasons. name one. i dare you.
    Posted by artielang

Ricky Williams?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Crable is on the bubble.  If he gets injured again, he's gone...like chad jackson.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1r3d12. Show m1r3d12's posts

i dont think crable's real issue is injuries. do you really think that he had to go on IR his rookie year for a shin bruise? he spent 8 weeks not making the game day roster so they needed someplace to stash him. and last season he got some mysterious groin injury...doing what?? his problem is that he's been woefully unprepared to play in the nfl and for whatever reason the coaching staff has been willing to give him not one, but two redshirt seasons. if he doesnt come out and kill it early in training camp, he is done. anyone who is expecting anything from this guy is going to be sorely disappointed. players dont come back from 2 straight seasons of inactivity to be successful, especially their first two seasons. name one. i dare you.
    Posted by artielang

James Harrison missed 2002 and 2003.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

In Response to disabled crabled:
    Posted by sirpinochle

Well of course some people are more susceptible to injury, but luck can be apart of everything, no?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Posted by artielang

you're probably right, Belicheck does this every year. I think his legs are too skinny and I'm sure he was getting blown of the ball. I think he stuck around for so long because the pats don't want to admit they shouldn't have wasted a third round pick on him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

He's been forming in the bio-generation tanks under Foxboro for 2 years, but is he ready to be unleashed by Saruman, I mean Belichick?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I think luck plays the biggest part.  I also think sometimes someone gets a minor injury and in trying to compensate for the minor injury it leads to another injury.  I've done it myself.  Once there is a serious injury, it obviously leads to a greater susceptibility to reinjury.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

We should start a what will Crable injure next? Thread. I say foot. He hasn't injured that yet, has he?
    Posted by mthurl

No,no, I say he's going to injure his hair... that will affect his decision making due to it being on the top of his head, causing him to tackle his own players and being thrown off the team

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

In Response to Re: disabled crabled : Ricky Williams?
    Posted by mrtm70

played 12 games as a rookie and 10 in his second year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

In Response to Re: disabled crabled : James Harrison missed 2002 and 2003.
    Posted by m1r3d12

different situation. he wasn't drafted, and spent those seasons on the practice squad. that means he was practicing with the team all week was staying in football shape. he was also an undersized, unheralded player on a team filled with great LB's ahead of him. he had to make a name for himself in practice. we've been so thin at OLB that crable could have pretty much been handed the job. and anyway he's been off the field for 2 years, thats what i meant.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by artielang

Your post makes no sense. You're suggesting some sort of conspiracy to cover up his "woefullly unprepared to play in the NHL" status. Do you have any actual facts to back up that statement?

I'd say playing at Michigan, like Tommy,  is pretty good prep for the NFL. So is being named as a second team All-American. So is having 90 tackles and 7 sacks in your last season.

Further, why would the Pats not only draft him in the third round but keep him on IR for two years, paying his full salary, if he was not an NFL caliber player?

I think I'd rely on the actual facts in predicting Crable's future with the Pats rather than the crystal ball of doom you seem to be using.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Crystal ball of doom . . .

I want one of those.
    Cool

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bbtrick. Show bbtrick's posts

I still dont get why some people still think he sould be cut if he gets injured again.
    What possible reason exists for cutting him?

Its an uncapped year so his contract isnt handicapping the team in terms of the salary cap, and even if it wasnt an uncapped year, he is still on his rookie contract so he still wouldnt be causing problems from a salary cap standpoint.

He is only 23/24 so he is still young enough to play for a long time (if he eventually shows he can play at this  level). Perhaps if he was 32/33 then he would not have enough potential left to be worth trying to develop, but not at 23/24.

Finally, if he is on ir/put, then he is not costing the Patriots a roster spot, thus there is no chosing between Crable and another player that is healthy.

So why cut him rather than put him on if/pup again? It just isnt costing the Patriots anything other than money which is not a factor this year, and whith the potential the man has, at a position that is in need, it would simply be foolish to cut him untill there is an actual reason to do so.

If he stays healthy and shows the coaches less than any other man at his position, then cut him (and perhaps put him on the development squad). Other than this, the Patriots have to much time and money invested to simply cut him when there is not an actual reason to do so.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Supernova13. Show Supernova13's posts

In Response to disabled crabled:
    Posted by sirpinochle

I believe it comes down to luck. Every player in the NFL tweaks something or other in their career. It is a matter of luck whether or not that injury is serious or is a minor one that can be played through. Crable has been unlucky his first two years. Hopefully, Lady Luck will smile at him this season.