Disaster

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

Disaster

Ohhh my God. This must be the worst Pats Defense in many, many years. They are terrible against one of the worst teams in the NFL. So much for Belichick being a defensive mastermind. Our secondary is a joke. Throw the ball and you will score..its as simple as that. We are going to get our a.. kicked if we dont get some profiles.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Re: Disaster

I agree.  Going into today's game, the Bills were the worst offensive team statistically.  And they shredded this young Patriots defense.  

With 2 minutes remaining, it looks like we will win but there's alot of room for improvement on D.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotway1. Show patriotway1's posts

Thank God the offense can score, they are going to need it. I like this new addition of Woodhead and BJGE looks excellent running. Thank goodness for getting rid of Maroney,and Fred Taylor looks to be done.
    But I feel you are correst that the defense is going to be a heart break when the better teams enter and play

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

We had 2 INTs, and their best drive was their first drive, and the drive when Butler was in.

Aside from that, we played alright. We just need to clean up on 3rd down... don't forget that they also had a KR for a TD, so we gave up 23 total points on defense.

A win is a win, no-matter how big or small. We're 2-1, and we have a tough test next weekend.

Just enjoy the win and see what happens. I actually like our chances to go to 3-1.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotway1. Show patriotway1's posts

In Response to Re: Disaster:
    [QUOTE]We had 2 INTs, and their best drive was their first drive, and the drive when Butler was in. Aside from that, we played alright. We just need to clean up on 3rd down... don't forget that they also had a KR for a TD, so we gave up 23 total points on defense. A win is a win, no-matter how big or small. We're 2-1, and we have a tough test next weekend. Just enjoy the win and see what happens. I actually like our chances to go to 3-1.
    Posted by vertigho[/QUOTE]
    I agree, but Buffalo did show the Patriots that the Pats defense must get better if they want to continue to win. The good teams will wind up being a shoot out for T Brady it seems

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Really, it seems that the Pats lack a 2nd good CB and a 2nd good safety.  (Mccourty and Chung are good).  That's all it takes to create a giant whole.  The right side of the field is always open.  I think everyone else played good enough to win but they can't keep getting gashes on 3rd and long. 

Seems the defense can only hold for 2 downs also.  They better find some guys to put in there soon because this offense is good but they can't do it alone.  The 2 INT's saved this game so I'll give them that. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I don't think it's disaster yet because we're still early in the year. My hope is that by some work of god we improve by the end of the year. We'll win games with our offense but  when we have to go agianst the better teams the offense will have to be flawless. Penalties are killing us.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

BB could help out this yound under-talented defense by coming up with some creative "defensive schemes"

Unfortunately there is NO CREATIVITY left in BB.  He just plays the same old bend-don't-break-and-I-refuse-to-blitz defense.

ONE sack today.  Laughable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

[QUOTE]BB could help out this yound under-talented defense by coming up with some creative "defensive schemes" Unfortunately there is NO CREATIVITY left in BB.  He just plays the same old bend-don't-break-and-I-refuse-to-blitz defense. ONE sack today.  Laughable.
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost[/QUOTE]

1 sack, and 2 second-half interceptions, and only 7 second-half points allowed by the defense.

It's amazing how people can overlook this stuff. It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disaster : 1 sack, and 2 second-half interceptions, and only 7 second-half points allowed by the defense. It's amazing how people can overlook this stuff. It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

good point, that won't sell the gloom and doom ladies though. they don't have the patience to undertsand BB is rebuilding the defense, and out offense will have to carry the load for a while

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

I realize that we did have two INTs, but in no way did our defense play well today.  Third and long?  We gave it up.  Missed tackles - yup!  Yes, our offense, when not making stupid penalties, played great.  But, in no way, shape, matter, or form was our defense anything less than way below average.  One of Fitzpatrick's INTs was a brain cramp - the other (by Merriweather) was great.  That said, minus that brain cramp by their QB, you have to believe they'd at least gotten a FG.  Simply put - our defense stunk and if that makes those of us who noticed "gloom and doom ladies," then so be it - anyone who saw anything close to acceptability on D has rose-colored wine stains in their eyes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

As it turn out the real trolls were the people in the offseason who were blind to the fact that the defense stunk last year, and nothing was done to correct it, but said in Bill we trust.  I admit BB knows far  more about football than I will ever do, however, I do know enough about working in a business environment that if you do not adress yor weaness, your biggest area of nead, how are you going to improve?  The "D" was exposed all of last year, and the first three games of this year.

Contantly trading down for "value" and  getting nothing for for the previous three years.  You can't tell me a player like Maualuga in the second round ol last years draft would not be helping this defense now.  The list goes on.  Sometime you have to pay for quality wity your draft pick nd not draft down ( maybe even draft up on occasion)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disaster : good point, that won't sell the gloom and doom ladies though. they don't have the patience to undertsand BB is rebuilding the defense, and out offense will have to carry the load for a while
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

You are a buffoon.  I've said repeatedly that the defense won't be any good but hopefully can improve to average in the 2nd half of the season.  Also, I've repeatedly said the offense will need to carry them with 30+ every week.

You are cheerleader with the pom poms who cannot explain why the patriots just gave up 30 at home against a team that scored 17 total the last 2 weeks COMBINED.

You also cannot explain how the "genius" BB cannot come up with a scheme that fools even Ryan Fitzpatrick.  If Fitzie can put up huge numbers, and score 30 IN FOXBORO; how does that translate to a road game against a non-arena football league QB?  I say not very good. 

You on the other hand shake your pom poms, while wearing your BB hoodie, and kneel in front of your Tom Brady bobble-head.

Nice to have optimists like you around.  Entertaining.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

You gotta give the D some time.  I think the line and LBs will end up okay this year.  The problem is the DBs. Chung looks great and McCourty, while still making some rookie mistakes, is showing potential.  But beyond those two, we have a lot of question marks.  Merriweather has the physical talent, but he continues to play without discipline.  The other corner position is a wasteland.  I do think we need to pick someone up there. BB needs to find another Hank Poteat type.  A veteran who can come out of retirement and play okay.  At this point, we don't need a great talent, we just need someone who can get by.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disaster : good point, that won't sell the gloom and doom ladies though. they don't have the patience to undertsand BB is rebuilding the defense, and out offense will have to carry the load for a while
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]
    If he is rebuilding the defense this is year 2. We should be seeing an improvement over last year - it appears worse this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Disaster : 1 sack, and 2 second-half interceptions, and only 7 second-half points allowed by the defense. It's amazing how people can overlook this stuff. It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

This was Buffalo who are complete rubbish -what do you think the good sides will do to this defense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

For one thing, it's not the best situation at cornerback.  Shawn Springs retired and Leigh Bodden went on IR.  That left McCourty and Butler.  I think that Butler is injured.  Wheatley is injured.  That leaves Kyle Arrington who had a touchdown pass clang off the back of his helmet.   Behind Arrington is Slater playing DB this year, and then, um, EarthWind Moreland.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

We've gotta do a better job, we missed some assignments, the Bills are a good team, Ryan ivy what's-his-name could have made this team, the refs wear black and white stripes....it is what it is

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Lets be a little more specific here. The D line and backers aren't looking too bad but the secondary is pathetic. Missed assignments, players out of position, overall poor coverage technique you name it they got it wrong.

So the big question is are they just plain unteachable? I know they're young but where's the discipline? Where's the secondary coach?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Thanks God their QB threw to our defenders in the 2nd half

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzpelli. Show jazzpelli's posts

Got to say that the defense looks really sloppy and undisciplined.  Huge holes  all over the field and the Bills running game gashed the Pats D.  Its almost like half the D is consistently playing out of position and overpursuing which is most likely happening since they are so young and inexperienced. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

I agree.  Going into today's game, the Bills were the worst offensive team statistically.  And they shredded this young Patriots defense.  

With 2 minutes remaining, it looks like we will win but there's alot of room for improvement on D.  

Here is where your statement is WRONG.  They WERE the worst.  Then they put in Fitzpatrick.  We didn't help him throw lasers into coverage where 3 guys are on his receiver.  Desperation, and an accurate QB, can get you pretty far.  The Bills played well.  Our Defense needs work, but it's NOT the disaster you say it is.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

Funny how I see no talk about the pass rush.  Or the lack of a pass rusher.  No replacement has been found.  When you give a QB as much time as the Pats do, they look like superstars.  Today they did.  Remember Henne last year?  Fitzpatrick had great stats, until he threw 2 passes high and right into the defenders hands.  Lucky for us, but Manning and Brees will not do that.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrisPatsFan. Show KrisPatsFan's posts

I actually found myself wishing Ellis Hobbs was back on the field today...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

Wasn't Indy's D pretty young/bad during the first half; turned it on during the second half( after learning a lot) and won it all...a few years, ago?  Although I recognise that the D is not flawless, they do require some more time to make adjustments.  If we're having the same conversation in 18-24 months, then you're right.  However, if this group bonds and plays through it all, they might be there in time- this year!  We'll see...