Discuss your valid reasons why YOU think Morris will be cut.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Discuss your valid reasons why YOU think Morris will be cut.

My reasons why I think Morris will NOT be cut. (I think they will keep 5 RB again this year as they did last year)

Morris vs. Fred Taylor - No arguing Fred Taylors abilities and fantastic career he has and should continue to have here in NE but...

1) Fred is a year older than Morris

2) Fred has something around 1800+ MORE attempts than Morris in his career. That's allot of wear and tear on the legs and body, Logically Morris should have fresher legs but who knows in reality

3) Fred is brand new in the system and is not yet on the same page with Brady and the rest of the offense as evidenced by the missed blocking assignments and wrong routs/ not looking back for the pass, etc. Morris knows the system and has excelled the past 2 seasons in the system so is a proven commodity

4) Fred lifetime avg is 4.6 and Morris is only 4.2... Last year Fred had a 3.9 avg and Morris a 4.7... the previous 3 year avg for Fred is 4.7 and Morris is 4.5

5)I believe Fred is more of a slashing running(not positive on that) and Morris runs north and south(at least it appears, like BJGE). Don't know if one style fits the Patriots blocking scheme better than the other.

Morris vs BJGE - I like BJGE but because he reminds me of Morris with his north and South running.

1) In the only season(last year) that he had real game activity playing with the first team offense he had a avg of 3.7. Morris had a 4.7 avg.

2) BJGE has the youth on his side but at the same time does BB consider youth sometimes to be a liability. Morris has been successful the past 2 seasons.

3) BJGE is and has seemed to be able to stay healthy. Morris only made it through 6 games 2 years ago and 13 games last season. BJGE has NOT been in enough to take the pounding though like a starter so its uncertain if he would fair any better than Morris or Lawrence or Taylor for that matter.

4) It's preseason! Yes if you want to look at avg for preseason then BJGE is killing it BUT he hasn't been doing that against first team defenses. Heck even Chris Taylor has a better avg than Morris, Taylor and Maroney.

On a separate note about preseason, if you want to look at the average of the three RB comity starters, Morris has the best avg of the three (Morris, Taylor, Maroney in that order)

If you throw in receiving yards into the discussion Morris has better receiving yards than Taylor, BJGE and Maroney over the past 2 seasons as well.

Again, my own personal opinion is that they keep 5 RB but who the heck knows as they always surprise every year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Discuss your valid reasons why YOU think Morris will be cut.

I think you take it as a given that Taylor will get hurt.

If the Pats don't carry five, at some point in the season they will wish they had.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

With no true fullback on the team why not have all 5. Especially with the injury proneness of 3 of them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

Morris will not be cut

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

After seeing Taylor run the wrong route and then have a long discussion with Brady on the bench last week, I guess they will keep Morris since he knows the offense.  But I would rather go back to the days when we had 3 RBs and 3 TEs and kept 10 OL and 8 DL.  OL and DL are far more important than RB, and we need to be keeping guys like O'Callaghan and Pryor.  Next year the team needs 3 RBs that can carry the load so we can use roster spots on more important positions. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The Pats won't cut any of the RBs. They Pats will be a 50/50 team this year. In 2007 we were 80/20, which is why when we faced good pass rushing teams like the Ravens, Eagles, and Giants we were close to losing and lost to them. If we had a solid rushing game in '07 we could have slapped the Giants in the mouth in the Superbowl. This is why we will keep all 5. Three out of five of them are injury prone. Morris was injured in '07 and '08, Taylor has a history of injury problems, and Maroney won't play if he gets a scratch on his finger. BJE is a powerback that runs hard. Running hard usually causes alot of injuries. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

it's a shame the RB class of 2010 is very weak. although maybe we can use a 2nd rounder to get a "value pick" and see if it works out.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucela. Show pucela's posts

Well, the Law Firm is NOT getting cut!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

In Response to Re: Discuss your valid reasons why YOU think Morris will be cut.:
    [QUOTE]Well, the Law Firm is NOT getting cut!
    Posted by pucela[/QUOTE]

4.3  YPC,3 TD's, 29 carries for 125 yds.4 rec for 22 yds. I say start him. I know he was running against the NYG back-ups,but he was also running behind our 3rd string blockers.Gratz BJGE on a great game.The dude never slowed down after touching the ball 34 times.He looked great until the final snap.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Payment84. Show Payment84's posts

In Response to Re: Discuss your valid reasons why YOU think Morris will be cut.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Discuss your valid reasons why YOU think Morris will be cut. : 4.3  YPC,3 TD's, 29 carries for 125 yds.4 rec for 22 yds. I say start him. I know he was running against the NYG back-ups,but he was also running behind our 3rd string blockers.Gratz BJGE on a great game.The dude never slowed down after touching the ball 34 times.He looked great until the final snap.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]

I really think he put on a great show tonight, and I agree that he should be rewarded with ample playing time.  He's the only one out of the group that has really impressed me so far this offseason!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

In Response to Discuss your valid reasons why YOU think Morris will be cut.:
    [QUOTE]My reasons why I think Morris will NOT be cut. (I think they will keep 5 RB again this year as they did last year) Morris vs . Fred Taylor - No arguing Fred Taylors abilities and fantastic career he has and should continue to have here in NE but... 1) Fred is a year older than Morris 2) Fred has something around 1800+ MORE attempts than Morris in his career. That's allot of wear and tear on the legs and body, Logically Morris should have fresher legs but who knows in reality 3) Fred is brand new in the system and is not yet on the same page with Brady and the rest of the offense as evidenced by the missed blocking assignments and wrong routs/ not looking back for the pass, etc. Morris knows the system and has excelled the past 2 seasons in the system so is a proven commodity 4) Fred lifetime avg is 4.6 and Morris is only 4.2... Last year Fred had a 3.9 avg and Morris a 4.7... the previous 3 year avg for Fred is 4.7 and Morris is 4.5 5)I believe Fred is more of a slashing running(not positive on that) and Morris runs north and south(at least it appears, like BJGE). Don't know if one style fits the Patriots blocking scheme better than the other. Morris vs BJGE - I like BJGE but because he reminds me of Morris with his north and South running. 1) In the only season(last year) that he had real game activity playing with the first team offense he had a avg of 3.7. Morris had a 4.7 avg. 2) BJGE has the youth on his side but at the same time does BB consider youth sometimes to be a liability. Morris has been successful the past 2 seasons. 3) BJGE is and has seemed to be able to stay healthy. Morris only made it through 6 games 2 years ago and 13 games last season. BJGE has NOT been in enough to take the pounding though like a starter so its uncertain if he would fair any better than Morris or Lawrence or Taylor for that matter. 4) It's preseason! Yes if you want to look at avg for preseason then BJGE is killing it BUT he hasn't been doing that against first team defenses. Heck even Chris Taylor has a better avg than Morris, Taylor and Maroney. On a separate note about preseason, if you want to look at the average of the three RB comity starters, Morris has the best avg of the three (Morris, Taylor, Maroney in that order) If you throw in receiving yards into the discussion Morris has better receiving yards than Taylor, BJGE and Maroney over the past 2 seasons as well. Again, my own personal opinion is that they keep 5 RB but who the heck knows as they always surprise every year.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]
    Taylor is what they call a cut back runner, somebody that makes a single cut back to avoid the defense and then go, the commentators were remarking about his style will really benifit us when we go with 4 wides because the defense will be so spread out he can cut back and find a decent hole

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

They should keep all 5 in '09.

As in previous years (ok w exception of LM) they get decent free agents - Smith, Dillon, Morris and now Taylor.

Next year there will be more than a few FA RBs available and by then BB will know who will fit his system. We may still see LM, BJGE and then see how Faulk, Morris and Taylor fair this year and if they may come back.

As for previous RBs Lamont Jordan was injured and lazy so the only time they really were burnt on that one. One could also argue Dillon was lazy after a fat new contract...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I wouldn't be surprised to see all of them on the roster. Not having a FB will open up a spot. And each one of them brings something different to the table. As far as Morris goes, when he's played he's done well. Inevitably someone gets hurt and misses time. I'd feel better if they had all five on the roster. We'll all find out before tomorrow is over, though!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Daveydawg. Show Daveydawg's posts

[QUOTE]After seeing Taylor run the wrong route and then have a long discussion with Brady on the bench last week, I guess they will keep Morris since he knows the offense.  But I would rather go back to the days when we had 3 RBs and 3 TEs and kept 10 OL and 8 DL.  OL and DL are far more important than RB, and we need to be keeping guys like O'Callaghan and Pryor.  Next year the team needs 3 RBs that can carry the load so we can use roster spots on more important positions. 
    Posted by themightypatriotz[/QUOTE]

Exactly.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

There are none - he's making the squad.  Last year the Pats had Maroney, Morris and Jordan out in a few games and Green-Ellis stepped in (quite admirably).  With that said, you have to expect some injuries to that position over the course of the season so he's going to be needed.