Dissing Cassel In A Kind Way?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I was watching NFL Live,and I hate how when they were asked if they were GM,s how would they look at cassel,and mark schlerith goes well its a tight window.you have underclassmen QB,s comeing out in the draft that are talented,and you have matt cassel who showed some skills,but at times overthrown wide open receivers,and he has never played a game until this past year.then he was talking about the pats system,and haveing a prolific offense,but really the only offense we had was moss,and welker.no te,s.the running game was ok.kevin faulk was more like our te.basicly we just had moss,and welker.then he went on that a team will need to build a system around cassel.a lot of negative talk in a kind way.I know we as fans shouldnt pay attention to espn,but its the other people,like nfl organizations that hears this,and could make them back off on cassel. which could hurt the pats.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Most of the talking heads don't know any more about football than you or I, moss, and you will hear them repeating the same inanities over and over again because they have so many minutes to fill during any given program. Does Schlereth believe that building a team around a Matt Stafford or a Mark Sanchez would somehow be easier or more effective than building one around a proven commodity like Cassel? If he does he's a bigger idiot than even I give him credit for. Any front office types taking their cues from guys like this deserve what they get.

It's all just blather.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I have very little respect for anything Schlereth has to say, he doesn't seem very smart to begin with and adds very little insight into the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

it was more like he was saying he wasnt impressed with the QB,s comeing out,or cassel,even though he said they have talent.like a what you see is what you get.im just seeing all these rumors of the teams that were rumored to be in line for cassel,now rumored to be going after these other QB,s.and im just wondering if its things like this being said effects the judgement of other teams.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Cassel is very valuable. If not, the Pats wouldn't have franchised him and would allow him to sign with anyone, including teams within their division. They clearly do not want that. They, better than anyone, know his talent and what he's capable of. He showed great progress from his first start thru the regular season. Even we were impressed when many (I for one) thought that he shouldn't have even made the team in preseason. Cassel is very valuable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

i agree over all the running game was great average wise.i was just looking at one back stats.and like you said detroit,and i thought tampa,these teams with new coaches installed would want to install new systems.so im thinking why not cassel,and a system he likes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

I agree the way I look at cassel is Like this was his rookie season,and now has a year under his belt.Playing wise that is,and not bad for a 11-5 season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

First of all, Schlereth is an idiot. He is anti-patriot and it doesn't surprise me he made these comments. That being said, there are plenty ofGMs in the NFL that are smart enough too know a quality Qb when they see one. They aren't gonna listen to some bozo like Schlereth. If they did, they wouldn't be employed long. That's why he is working for espn and is not a General Manager.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

Like most comments, I agree: Schlereth is an idiot. Cassell had a few bad games all year. In SD and at home against Pittsburg he seemed like an inexperienced rookie. But, lets be real. Even the great Peyton Manning looks confused against those two teams. Unlike most rookies who play for a bad team, Cassell performed under pressure in meaningful games on national TV without his top running backs. Did Cassell look like a rookie against the Jets and Dolphins in the middle of the year when he dissected their defenses? Didn't he have two consecutive games throwing for more than 400 yards? The kid resembles TB in many ways. If he stayed with and started for the PATS, he would certainly be selected to the pro bowl in due course. But, of course, there is no better QB than Mr. Tom Brady, so I hope this does not occur. In any event, Cassell is a proven commodity playing against the big boys; Sanchez and what's his name have something to prove before comparing them to Cassell. Go PATS!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bunchofpixels. Show bunchofpixels's posts

[Quote]I believe the running game this past seeason was one of the best, yardage-wise, that the Patriots have ever had.

I watched that segement though and disagree with Schlereth. He counter-argued his own point about missing open guys when he brought up the fact that Cassel hadn't started a game since high school. As far as system goes, I think Detroit would probably be the best threat. They have the making of a really good offense with Calvin Johnsen playing Moss and Furrey playing Welker. Detroit would substantially help their team by getting the best OT at #1 and then Cassel with their other 1st rounder.[/Quote]Furrey was cut I believe.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

We had over 2,000 total rushing yards this year which ranks second in Pats history if my memory is right. And Kevin Faulk had almost 1,000 total yards this past year between his receiving yards and his rushing yards he was one of our biggest weapons. In fact under Welker I think Faulk was our second best weapon thsi past year so to say we only had Moss and Welker is incorrect. The offense as a whole this past year was great. We had over 2,000 yards rushing and Cassel passed for over 3,000 yards. So unless Moss had 1500 yards and Welker had 1500 yards there is no way it was all them in teh passing game, they had help.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

First of all, Schlereth is an idiot. He is anti-patriot and it doesn't surprise me he made these comments. That being said, there are plenty ofGMs in the NFL that are smart enough too know a quality Qb when they see one. They aren't gonna listen to some bozo like Schlereth. If they did, they wouldn't be employed long. That's why he is working for espn and is not a General Manager.

Exactly!!! I could not have said it any better Jerh5!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from celtfan. Show celtfan's posts

I agree with some of the other posters that if you look around the league it appears some of the other teams are not that interested in Cassell. I personally don't get it. The guy was a very accurate passer and all you have to do is look at his completion percentage. Granted he needs work on the deep ball but he has the arm strength. Hey Brady needed to work on the deep ball a few years ago as well. There's a lot of posturing that goes on. I think the Pats will have to hold to their guns and maybe make it will come down to a draft day deal. Once Stafford and sanchez are off the board there may be renewed interest.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Just because Gms are not talking to the media about how much they want Cassel does not mean there is no interest around the league. Think about it, if the GM in Tampa came out and said "we want Matt Cassel, we have to have him" dont you think that would give the Pats crazy leverage over the deal? No one is talking about it cause no one wants to give up the upper hand and as soon as they let the fans know that they wants Cassel the ball is no longer in their court.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

/

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

If this thread turns into an all out schlereth bashing party. Count me in, I hate that DBag.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

m

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

yea but the solution is to not watch ESPN, I stoped watching ESPN after spgate and i am a happier man for it i suggest anyone who doesnt like what ESPN morons have to say simply stop watching ESPN.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Killa's right. This is all just brinksmanship.

The Pats will continue to pretend they intend to keep Cassel and the short list of teams who could thrive with a guy like Cassel will continue to insist they don't want him.

And then, one day, as if by magic, a deal will be done and whoever gets Cassel will sing his praises across hill and dale and the Pats will say something in Belichick-speak that means absolutely nothing and Tom Brady will lead the Pats to yet another Super Bowl victory and we will all sleep soundly in our beds while visions of sugar plums dance in our heads.

Well . . .

I'm not so sure about that last part.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

You know Mike it is really hard to tell if you are being sarcastic or serious when you post sometimes lol

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[Quote]We had over 2,000 total rushing yards this year which ranks second in Pats history if my memory is right. And Kevin Faulk had almost 1,000 total yards this past year between his receiving yards and his rushing yards he was one of our biggest weapons. In fact under Welker I think Faulk was our second best weapon thsi past year so to say we only had Moss and Welker is incorrect. The offense as a whole this past year was great. We had over 2,000 yards rushing and Cassel passed for over 3,000 yards. So unless Moss had 1500 yards and Welker had 1500 yards there is no way it was all them in teh passing game, they had help.[/Quote]I said over all the running game was good,but that there was no one runningback that stood out.as for faulk i stated he was more like our te,with his blocking receiveing,and running.but outside moss,and welker we had no te,or any other receiver.im not saying there stats were bad,they were great.but this is true no GM will show his hand,but i just hope they dont hold it to long.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[Quote]Just because Gms are not talking to the media about how much they want Cassel does not mean there is no interest around the league. Think about it, if the GM in Tampa came out and said "we want Matt Cassel, we have to have him" dont you think that would give the Pats crazy leverage over the deal? No one is talking about it cause no one wants to give up the upper hand and as soon as they let the fans know that they wants Cassel the ball is no longer in their court.[/Quote]

EXACTLY!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

MVPkilla 535657
    Comments: 2517

2/20/2009 5:24:34 PM
    You know Mike it is really hard to tell if you are being sarcastic or serious when you post sometimes lol

Funny. My ex-wife used to say the exact same thing. ;)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rxmsg. Show rxmsg's posts

Schlereth is a blow hard. He has this chip on his shoulder because went undrafted. So now that he "showed" everybody they were wrong he now feels he's a know-it-all.

You'd think he would identify with Matt (7th round)...but no his sh*t doesn't stink now!! How quickly he forgets when he was thought of as a turd.

Pay no attention to him...I either turn off the sound or change the channel as soon as he starts to open his pie hole.

Hey..they call him STINK for a reason !!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[Quote]

I'm not so sure about that last part.[/Quote]

You aren't sure abou the SB or the sugar plums? I've seen Superbowl wins, but I don't even know what a sugar plum looks like. Wait I googled it. It looks like a small turd. Oh well.

Nevertheless, you are 100% correct. Some kind of move for Cassel will be made when people aren't expecting it. This isn't FA process, it is more complex because it is a trade. And it should go untrumpeted until the last moment so everyone can pretend they don't want it or aren't interested thereby angling for the best bargain.

It is the exact same with Peppers. I would be stunned if Carolina actuall paid that guy the $17 million he is due, yet all we hear from them is how they look forward to having him play there.

What are they supposed to say? "Hey this guy turned down two huge offers and wants out of dodge at any price, AND we cannot afford his rednukulous tag salary. We are really desperate and will take what we can get. Who is taking?"

No they pretened they really want to spend $17 mill and smile, until nobody gives them their price, and then they let him go to highest remaining bidder.

Keeping Cassel is not an option. And releasing Cassel is not an option. Take what you can get even if it ia a 2010 3rd rounder, it means you can steer him out of the division and keep competitors that need a QB in their place.

My gut right now tells me that inscrutably KC has designs on him, and that TB would be a great fit as well simply based on the fact that they are the only teams to pony up with a solid appraisal and both teams now have coaches with links to the Pats' system.