1. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Re: diving at the knees of a receiver is an unnatural play

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:

[QUOTE]

I do still see good, clean tackling form being used at the lower levels.  But when you see these much bigger ball carriers in college and pros running with the ball, the smaller guys really are at a big disadvantage.  Get trucked by trying to tackle around the waist or thighs or make it easier by going low and take the legs out.  Seems going low and taking the legs out is becoming their preference. 

I'm not buying the claims of blaming the new hitting to the head rules being as big of a reason for going low as these players are making it out to be.  I think they are using the head rules as a scapegoat to not wanting to take the chance of getting hurt themselves by trying to make a good, clean tackle.

[/QUOTE]

right...  It is an excuse because they don't want make the effort necessary to hit a player clean .   It's "easier"  to just aim at a soft spot and launch yourself.   since if you hit a heavier guy in the midsection,  You might absorb more of the impact.   It might hurt.  The tackle will still be made...  but we don't want it to hurt.  So this is just the easy...(poussie) way out. 

The big collision is a self regulating  thing.  It goes against the instinct of self preservation.  So it takes courage to measure and throw yourself into a collision.  The alternative is to aim low at the soft spot.    Co-Ward= Pousssie. 

[/QUOTE]

This is correct.  These defenders are hiding behind the guise of "ol Rogie told us we can't hit high, so we're going to be belligerent and start taking out people a the knees now like spoiled babies playing the victim card".

That's essentially what is happening.  As if the mid section, waist, thigh, ankles, etc, aren't plenty of targets to make a hit?  You can do that or wrap up.  This whole victim card by the D is getting old.

It's very simple. No leading with your helmet to the head and not at the knees. The latter is certainly more about following the code, but clearly should now be in the rules.  If someone goes at your knees in hockey, you get beaten into a bloody pulp. Most NHL players respect the code, even if this Millenial Generation is not doing it as much.

Go look at the cheap shots the Bruins took this past week.  

Over 40 ACLs recorded this year, almost DOUBLE from 2011.

That's not a coincidence. There were 30+ last year, so it's clearly trending up at this point.

Goodell must step down and get a clear headed, non-knee jerk leader in there.

[/QUOTE]

Devastating and like you said it has been like a code of conduct rather than a rule but it has gone too far.    Not just that our player goes down but that it was so unnecessaary ( while the poussie Ward claims that he had no choice....)   Clearly the deed must be spelled out so there is no dispute... 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Just ask tanbass the  idiot.

Okay I lied, one last reply to the wussy little ftard coolade.

I assume that you think you know more about football that both Ty Law and Troy Brown?? Also safe to assume that you consider them idots too smart guy? Get your f-ing head out of your immature little rectum and wake up.

Bottom line is that two very respected players are calling it a clean hit. Pretty sure that most people here wouldn't argue that those two guys might know a few more things about the game than you. So stomp your little whiney feet all you want, try and act like a tough guy all you want. You are a feeble little  f-a-g-g-o-t that knows nothing about the game. So go on and keeping crying fagboy.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

What am I missing here? I've seen the hit 20 times now, and it looks like he hits Gronk's knee with his shoulder (not) his helmet.

Can someone please tell me how to (effectively) take down a guy that out weighs you by 60+ pounds from the waist up? It isn't going to happen, Gronk would run you over without much effort.

The ONLY way to take down a guy that's much bigger than you at full speed is to go low. Take a look at any DB in the NFL and watch them try and take the legs out from under people. It happens on almost every play.

The picture perfect tackle technique is supposed to have people wraping your arms around their legs and bring them down. I was taught all my life to NEVER tackle high....you must take the legs out. Even more so when someone out weighs you by 60+ pounds.

Ty Law was an outstanding DB for many years in this league, and knows the game well and is highly respected. Troy Brown even more so, and just as respected. They both say the hit was clean and not a cheap shot. Any DB in the league that wants to take down a guy like Gronk is going to go low, or get stampeded.

Why is it everytime a Pats player gets injured, so many people jump on the "cheap shot" bandwagon? I'm just as pissed as anyone that my favorite Patriot is out yet again, but threads like this just make Pats fans look like cry babies. He got hurt on a legit play. Enough with the whining already!!

[/QUOTE]

I agree with what you are saying, based on the rules the hit on Gronk was a legit fair hit.  We have seen these hits forever but they are becoming more frequent due to the ball carriers getting bigger, harder to take down with good form tackle to the mid section.  I am sure there would be more injuries to defensive players if they didn't go low and take the knees out.  I'm sure it's one of those "better you then me" getting hurt situations everytime there is a open field tackle to be made by a smaller DB.  I don't see LB's going to the knees of the bigger guys hardly at all, unless I am not paying close enough attention.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I do still see good, clean tackling form being used at the lower levels.  But when you see these much bigger ball carriers in college and pros running with the ball, the smaller guys really are at a big disadvantage.  Get trucked by trying to tackle around the waist or thighs or make it easier by going low and take the legs out.  Seems going low and taking the legs out is becoming their preference. 

I'm not buying the claims of blaming the new hitting to the head rules being as big of a reason for going low as these players are making it out to be.  I think they are using the head rules as a scapegoat to not wanting to take the chance of getting hurt themselves by trying to make a good, clean tackle.

[/QUOTE]

right...  It is an excuse because they don't want make the effort necessary to hit a player clean .   It's "easier"  to just aim at a soft spot and launch yourself.   since if you hit a heavier guy in the midsection,  You might absorb more of the impact.   It might hurt.  The tackle will still be made...  but we don't want it to hurt.  So this is just the easy...(poussie) way out. 

The big collision is a self regulating  thing.  It goes against the instinct of self preservation.  So it takes courage to measure and throw yourself into a collision.  The alternative is to aim low at the soft spot.    Co-Ward= Pousssie. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

That's not a coincidence. There were 30+ last year, so it's clearly trending up at this point.

[/QUOTE]

These numbers are alarming.  But I will be honest, I am surprised there aren't more.  I can not tell you how many times I have watched in games this season where a player has taken a shot to the knee where I just cringe and can't believe the ball carrier gets up like nothing happened.  Turf is at fault here too.  I think there would be less knee injuries on natural grass.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I assume that you think you know more about football that both Ty Law and Troy Brown?? Also safe to assume that you consider them idots too smart guy? Get your f-ing head out of your immature little rectum and wake up.

Bottom line is that two very respected players are calling it a clean hit. Pretty sure that most people here wouldn't argue that those two guys might know a few more things about the game than you. So stomp your little whiney feet all you want, try and act like a tough guy all you want. You are a feeble little  f-a-g-g-o-t that knows nothing about the game. So go on and keeping crying fagboy.

[/QUOTE]

Homophobe.^^

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like someone doesn't know what that word actually means. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Homophobe.^^

[/QUOTE]

Sounds like someone doesn't know what that word actually means. 

[/QUOTE]

Any adult running around using bigoted slurs like that is clearly a homophobe.  

[/QUOTE]

Don't get your panties in a bunch.  When I call you queer, I just mean that you're strange.  Perhaps, when he used that word you took as a bigoted slur becasue of it's slang definition was intended as one it's original meanings, a lumpy old woman.  I suspect your offense has a lot more to do with the abuse the neighbor boys perpetrated upon you.  Get over it loser.  The sooner you accept what you are, the sooner you can stop hating yourself.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow you are slow ...  as I already pointed out .   and Also, all the gay slurring stuff is twisted .  maybe it can all be explained with your other problems but I'm just pointing out how dimwitted you are.  No offense of course... 

Ty Law and Troy Brown are on TV...  Ok...?    That kind of limits what they can say ...huh...? Ever see anyone on the patriots produce a hit like that...?  Answer ,  NO.  Its dirty and as clearly spelled out it's a poussie way to tackle someone.  Go back to the physics experiment I suggested and beatch-slap yourself again... 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow you are slow ...  as I already pointed out .   and Also, all the gay slurring stuff is twisted .  maybe it can all be explained with your other problems but I'm just pointing out how dimwitted you are.  No offense of course... 

Ty Law and Troy Brown are on TV...  Ok...?    That kind of limits what they can say ...huh...? Ever see anyone on the patriots produce a hit like that...?  Answer ,  NO.  Its dirty and as clearly spelled out it's a poussie way to tackle someone.  Go back to the physics experiment I suggested and beatch-slap yourself again... 

[/QUOTE]

Your continued crying is well beyond pathetic.  Would you prefer pansieass?  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

1. Houston and Arizona need to cease and desist with their turf/natural grass process. It's too dangerous and is proven as such year after year.  This is natural grass, but it's inconsistent and does not come off like natural grass.

I did not see Tyronne Mathiue's ACL this weekend, but it was at home.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aND08KUHtks

That place sucks as does Houston. Ironic. I was cringing all last week about a PAts ACL issue and they got out there injury free in that area, only to have it happen this week, but on a dirty hit instead at home.

2. The field turf that we use and that dome teams use, is fine.  It's very close to the natural grass element and the product is very consistent and sturdy as well.

Goodell must hold teams accountable for their turf. Either prove you can keep the natural grass as real and as consistent as possible or you switch to field turf.   The Houston field last week was a disgrace.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the Tyronne Mathiue link, I didn't see that play where he tore his ACL.  His injury wasn't turf or field related, looked like it happened when his leg got caught up with the people on top of him.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Additionally - many of these people currently screaming bloody murder were cheering the hits of the patriots dirtiest player in the league, Rodney Harrison. 

Even if the anger is real, it is only real because their fandom is stronger than their ability to reason or remember who they used to cheer for.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

These numbers are alarming.  But I will be honest, I am surprised there aren't more.  I can not tell you how many times I have watched in games this season where a player has taken a shot to the knee where I just cringe and can't believe the ball carrier gets up like nothing happened.  Turf is at fault here too.  I think there would be less knee injuries on natural grass.

[/QUOTE]

1. Houston and Arizona need to cease and desist with their turf/natural grass process. It's too dangerous and is proven as such year after year.  This is natural grass, but it's inconsistent and does not come off like natural grass.

I did not see Tyronne Mathiue's ACL this weekend, but it was at home.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aND08KUHtks

That place sucks as does Houston. Ironic. I was cringing all last week about a PAts ACL issue and they got out there injury free in that area, only to have it happen this week, but on a dirty hit instead at home.

2. The field turf that we use and that dome teams use, is fine.  It's very close to the natural grass element and the product is very consistent and sturdy as well.

Goodell must hold teams accountable for their turf. Either prove you can keep the natural grass as real and as consistent as possible or you switch to field turf.   The Houston field last week was a disgrace.

[/QUOTE]

Oh please - Belichick loved the messy field that foxbourgh had until the league told the team to get rid of it.  He intentionally soaked fields to gain an advantage.  Please don't defend your team on the matter of field conditions.  its hypocrisy.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from laurienyc13. Show laurienyc13's posts

Whether it was "legal" or not it was a cheap and dirty hit. There was no hope for any player to not have been injured with head into knee at full force., I cringed when I saw the hit.  Imagine honestly if this hit was to any top player that wasn't a Patriot... Different outcome and more of an uproar for sure!!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Rob Gronkowski and T.J. Ward"It's not as if the committee wanted to trade concussions for ACL injuries, but something had to give when defensive players lost the ability to hit the head or neck areas. Eliminating the low hits would change the strike zone for a defender so much that defenders would be at a complete loss trying to tackle."

-John Clayton

Please observe the poussie in action in the picture above and the poussie writing his "mailbag" story for espn.  Now who wants to be the poussie to argue with this...?  Tanbass you out there...? UD6?   poussie trolls need not reply since they are on ignore...

NOt only is the hit unnessary since another player is there to assist in the tackle but the picture clearly shows the launching which has already been defined in the rulebook.  The poussie-co-ward has left his feet in an unnaturally low position (his head is below his waist) and is not attempting to wrap his arms.   The force of the hit not only blows out The players knee but causes the much taller and heavier Gronk to cartwheel through the air and land upside down.

NFL....  "duh.... seems like a clean tackle to me..."  clayton..." how is a defender going to tackle... ?  They're at a complete loss..." 

How about drawing the distinction between launching and tackling which is already in the rulebook for starters.  HOw about creating a strike zone for defenders during at speed collisions.  doesn't mean you can't tackle a guy by his ankles ...  you just can't launch yourself into that area.  YOu really have to be stupid to not see how this is easily implemented.

The "strike zone"  BTW just happens to be the easiest and most natural place to contact a player.  YOu don't have to cry about it.  Just make the tackle the way tackles have been made since the game was invented.   Don't leave your feet like a projectile.   If a guy is bigger too bad.  he may get an extra 3 yards ....    SO WHAT...?  YOur feelings are hurt because a bigger player knocked you over...?   Blame your midget father...!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

looks like a poussie troll replied after all...   

and the poussie Clayton goes on..

"The elimination of the low hit to go with the elimination of the high hit would be an injustice to defenders. Such a change would be the equivalent of adjusting the strike zone of a pitcher in baseball so he would throw balls instead of strikes 60 to 70 percent of the time.

Plus, there would be no guarantee injuries would stop. You would have more cracked ribs or damaged hips. Football is a game of collisions. Narrowing the location of the hits isn't going to soften the impact. Different areas of an offensive player's body would suffer the damage."

Um I think most players would rather have a cracked rib than a blown out knee, dimwit...  not only that ,  players can wear lightweight flak jackets and hip pads.   But the most important point the dimwit is missing is that the collisions become more self regulating when you take out the soft spots like the head or knees.   The defender will pull up rather than go head first into a more solid object like a torso or they risk injury themselves. 

This Clayton argument is a complete joke.  AS if  the poussie ward in the picture couldn't simply run into gronk without aiming at all...!   Don't aim, idiot , just tackle.  Strike zone implies you have to "aim" for it.   The only aiming  that has taken place has been the deliberate aiming at heads and knees by poussies like ward, pollard, ryan clark,  merriweather...  who can all GFT.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

This Clayton argument is a complete joke.  AS if  the poussie ward in the picture couldn't simply run into gronk without aiming at all...!   Don't aim, idiot , just tackle.  Strike zone implies you have to "aim" for it.   The only aiming  that has taken place has been the deliberate aiming at heads and knees by poussies like ward, pollard, ryan clark,  merriweather...  who can all GFT.

[/QUOTE]

plus 1

Ward said he "aimed" low' to avoid the high hit

he aimed with his helmet - helmet spearing is illegal , i had thought

He was never, ever going to tackle Gronk anywhere near the head or shoulders. It was a cheap shot by a thug who is using the idiot excuse that even the over paid talking heads have missed

Am so glad meriweather is long gone!!!

25. This post has been removed.