Do Patriots,need to go all in ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Do Patriots,need to go all in ?

I think the window,to,win another Super Bowl with Brady at the helm is starting to close .  I think managemant needs to do whatever it takes to win in the next one to three years.  I am not sure that we can get what we need in the draft to have an immediate impact.  It would be nice to get a proven veteran pass rusher.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Do Patriots,need to go all in ?

They should have 2 or 3 seasons ago.  The sad thing is they think they have. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

agree with TFB but there are two very good interior rushers available, one from the Phins so BB should be very familiar with him. Starks from Mia and Melton from Chi. Both still young and top end interior rushers if they spend the cash. Honestly though they have $35mil in cap space. So if Talib gets 5-6mil and Vollmer gets the same add in a handful of minor FA signings there should be $15-20mil left before deciding what to do with Welker. $4mil for draft picks another $5-8mil for Welkers replacement and that leaves just enough to grab either Stark or Melton with some creative cap management. We should have plenty of cash to do what we need, resign who we need, get some depth for the OL and CB's and still get a top end interior rush, but we know BB doesn't spen large on vets from other teams so that might be more of a dream then reality

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

agree with TFB but there are two very good interior rushers available, one from the Phins so BB should be very familiar with him. Starks from Mia and Melton from Chi. Both still young and top end interior rushers if they spend the cash. Honestly though they have $35mil in cap space. So if Talib gets 5-6mil and Vollmer gets the same add in a handful of minor FA signings there should be $15-20mil left before deciding what to do with Welker. $4mil for draft picks another $5-8mil for Welkers replacement and that leaves just enough to grab either Stark or Melton with some creative cap management. We should have plenty of cash to do what we need, resign who we need, get some depth for the OL and CB's and still get a top end interior rush, but we know BB doesn't spen large on vets from other teams so that might be more of a dream then reality

Where did you get the $35 million number? Everything I have been able to find projects them at $18.6 million under. 

I honestly do not see how they sign Welker, Talib and Vollmer and then have anything left for players other than scrapheap guys looking for another chance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

Where did you get the $35 million number? Everything I have been able to find projects them at $18.6 million under. 

I honestly do not see how they sign Welker, Talib and Vollmer and then have anything left for players other than scrapheap guys looking for another chance.

It's just a numbers game.  These owners are masters and shuffling, hiding, reworking the numbers to make things work.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

It's just a numbers game.  These owners are masters and shuffling, hiding, reworking the numbers to make things work.

I agree with that, but making it work with $35M is different from making it work with $18M. I do assume that Brady's cap number of $20M will come down with an extension or reworking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I got it from here.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1399828-new-england-patriots-salary-cap-scenario-heading-into-2013

They should have about $21mil in cap space and $14mil in carry over. I'll have to double check these numbers but that is something that stuck out in my mind in Nov and they haven't signed anyone since so  there was no need to think it would change that much even with incentives