Do pats fans condone cheating in sports??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Re: Do pats fans condone cheating in sports??

Why engage a troll? 

I would strongly encourage all to simply hit the "Ignore JRABBB" button on the first post.

Problem solved. Vermin goes back to it's hole. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

In response to mrbungle's comment:

Why engage a troll? 

I would strongly encourage all to simply hit the "Ignore JRABBB" button on the first post.

Problem solved. Vermin goes back to it's hole. 

You're right, of course. But I just couldn't resist jumping on the point that BostonTrollSpanker made.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Can someone please tell me when the Pats have ever been caught cheating? I remember a NY news paper saying they cheated but the Commissioners came on TV and said the Pats didn't. Was there another time that I just missed or what? I know the Jets cheated, the Broncos cheated, the 49r's cheated but I haven't heard the Pats cheated.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Who knows BUT the question still remains-To condone or Not condone...that is the question?"

It's the wrong question, troller. 

You are probably aware that if you are a fan of professional sports teams, you are rooting for unethical behavior all the time. Ray Lewis was involved in a murder. Does that mean Ravens fans should stop rooting for their team? 

That's absurd. 

Athletes convicted of using performance enhancing drugs, another form of cheating, are on just about every team. 

Rooting for that team does not necessarily condone cheating. 

Fans are put in a tough position. If you are under the illusion that being a professional sports fan is some kind of integrity contest, you are sadly mistaken.

You make some good points. How would it be if they really cracked down on all kinds of PEDs, steroids etc going back to high school and college and the NFL. Because of players were their "normal" size they would probably be 10-15% smaller. A 320 pound DL might be 285. A 260 pound LB might be 240. The impacts would be somewhat less dangerous than today.

untrue-they used steroids like candy in the 70's and 80's

much of the size is simple evolution, better training and equipment and, of course, better drugs but steroids have been used in football a long time and amphetamines even longer

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

No, I condone federal governments spending 4 trillion dollars to catch a sandworm (Osama) while oil futures go through the roof, just to appease jittery New Yorkers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

OK since we all know this is a troll we need to let him have his rant! BB didn't cheat and if this guy thinks thats cheating why when the Patriots excused the camera guy from NYJ to move from his spot was that not cheating ? The jets say they weren't cheating! So in answer to your question do we condone cheating, evidently not because it ain't cheating if you ain't trying the method used by your opponent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

You choose to live your life in denial. I choose to call them like I see them. Thing is the majority of the sporting world sees it my way .

Personally I think BB got away with murder.He should have been thrown out of the League.I have and many people have no respect for him. Don't worry the pats would have been fine without him. BB is nothing without Brady but that is a discussion for another day.

So keep on defending him and like I said I'll sit back and watch the pats do great during the season then fall flat on their faces in the playoffs...again.

Way to go BB!

Are you saying you won't be in Canton when Bill Belichick is inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame?  I guess it will be pretty galling to you when that happens. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

I read somewhere that Parcells told the Team 'before the 96 SB. That, " he was not flying back with them, win or lose. I think the players already knew why. Real classy, never liked him since. Parcells coached similar to Mike Ditka from threats and intimidation.

Talk about cheating and then stealing Curtis Martin. Curtis lost 3 rings for sure.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to IndianaPatsFan's comment:

"Who knows BUT the question still remains-To condone or Not condone...that is the question?"

You are probably aware that if you are a fan of professional sports teams, you are rooting for unethical behavior all the time. Ray Lewis was involved in a murder. Does that mean Ravens fans should stop rooting for their team? 

That's absurd. 

Athletes convicted of using performance enhancing drugs, another form of cheating, are on just about every team. 

Fans are put in a tough position. If you are under the illusion that being a professional sports fan is some kind of integrity contest, you are sadly mistaken.

+1

BostonTrollSpanker, you took the words right out of my mouth.

I know there is SOMETHING the Patriots organization could do to cause me to stop being a loyal follower of the team, but I can't think of what that might be- off the top of my head.

I really disliked Bill Parcells. I couldn't stand Victor Kiam (sp?). I didn't like they way a female reporter was treated in the locker room several years ago. It bothered me when Faulk was caught with a joint and Brady had a child with a woman who he had moved on from (I, know- I'm old-fashioned).

I guess this troll thinks that when something/ someone you care about messes up, you're supposed to move on from it/ them.

That's a really good lesson.

Parcells's ego really exploded in 1997 when he thought he was above the team and listened to the weasly Jets. We all know how that turned out.

Parcells was mediocre in the NFL since, unless BB was by his side as coordinator.  Crappy coaching in Dallas, even worse GM work in Miami, and he left the NFL for good.

His ego took over and he was never the same.

blah blah blah

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to IndianaPatsFan's comment:

That's absurd. 

+1

BostonTrollSpanker, you took the words right out of my mouth.

I know there is SOMETHING the Patriots organization could do to cause me to stop being a loyal follower of the team, but I can't think of what that might be- off the top of my head.

I really disliked Bill Parcells. I couldn't stand Victor Kiam (sp?). I didn't like they way a female reporter was treated in the locker room several years ago. It bothered me when Faulk was caught with a joint and Brady had a child with a woman who he had moved on from (I, know- I'm old-fashioned).

I guess this troll thinks that when something/ someone you care about messes up, you're supposed to move on from it/ them.

That's a really good lesson.

Parcells's ego really exploded in 1997 when he thought he was above the team and listened to the weasly Jets. We all know how that turned out.

Parcells was mediocre in the NFL since, unless BB was by his side as coordinator.  Crappy coaching in Dallas, even worse GM work in Miami, and he left the NFL for good.

His ego took over and he was never the same.

blah blah blah

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

^Clear backpedal.

nah just my way of saying u gotta come up with some new material

no parcells = no bellichick

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

The funny thing about this thread is that this is all Jets fans have. It's not like Leon can brag about all the improvements the Jets have made and how they're set to take the division next season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I say again Butt fumble! Since Butt Fumble guy, the OP, won't answer my question I guess he knows they didn't cheat and just does this for attention.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

A day later and the denial is still in full effect in beantown!SHOCKER!

Nobody likes the pats because they were found guilty of cheating. I hate the pats,well not the pats so much but BB and the fan base that believes anything that Kraft and BB shovel down your throats.

rtinula-You and the king are the 2 biggest advocates of cheating in sports. reread your post...You act like there never was a Spygate for goodness sake. If it never happened then why did the pats lose a 1st rounder and why did BB get fined?

I guess Spygate was just a figment of the sporting worlds imagination?Nope-Unfortunately IT happened.Just brushing it off doesn't count.

As i have said many times and will continue to say -Nobody likes a cheater. Call it a Curse call it Karma call it well deserved. The pats haven't won anything since those cold dark days of Spygate and I for one just enjoy the h__l out of it!

So any new WR's yet or is BB going to go with the 5 TE set? 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Ah, leon, you bezoomy melenky soomka. Don't you understand that none of us cares about this? Old story. No relevance to anything that's happening now. Better stop before the carpal tunnel sets in. Run along now. You wouldn't want to be late for your car washing gig.

BTW, talk about horribly accented... what about all of that honking coming out of NJ/NY?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

hey anti- How are ya pal?!No relevance!?

The pats haven't won anything since "THE INCIDENT". You guys keep on denying that anything happened and I'll wait patiently for December when the grumblings start again about the pats and Spygate.

Then when the pats fall on their faces again in the playoffs I'll be here to remind everybody once again.I'd say that's pretty relevant.

Just another quick question regarding Spygate.No need to ask whether or not pats fans condone cheating,you've all answered with a resounding "YES-We pats fans condone cheating in sports "so we won't harp on that any longer.

BUT-If BB did nothing wrong then why did he get fined and why did the pats lose a 1st rounder?

Y'all gnaw on that awhile and I'll check back in a little bit. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

I see you're still making as much sense as the Ronco in the shell egg scrambler.

Check back later. Nothing will have changed.

Don't forget to clean those headlights, y'all. :)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

Intersting comeback yet the question remains unanswered.

If BB did nothing wrong then why was he fined and why did the pats lose a 1st rounder?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Leon do you condone your team doing this?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

We don't like it but beat teams like the jets that cheat anyways. The Patriots would never resort to cheating to beat an opponent because they are that good. It's amazing how good they've been for so long. Take a team like the jets who other than two okay seasons have been god awful even with their constant cheating. I think they took a big turn for the worse when they wasted those two high first round picks on Gholston and Sanchez. Do either of those guys even play anymore? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

JRABBB, when has the Commissioner of the NFL ever said the Pats cheated? Can you answer me that one question?

Anybody that writes a column in a NY newspaper can write anything they want, like "the Pats are cheaters". That doesn't make it true, no matter how many times they write it. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to JRABBB's comment:

Intersting comeback yet the question remains unanswered.

If BB did nothing wrong then why was he fined and why did the pats lose a 1st rounder?

He was fined and the Pats lost a first rounder for misinterpreting a memo!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

that ain't cool-why bring the giants into this and equate them with the yankees and jets?