Do the Pats front office know this before signing Williams?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Do the Pats front office know this before signing Williams?

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I get your point. I agree with your point. But if you are correct, which most likely you are, don't have BB or Kraft sit there and lie to our faces like they did with the Hern situation...you cant have it both ways...you cant say you knew nothing about the Hern situation, yet you have complete knowledge on everything Williams did or didnt do. Dont sit with 3 members of the media and opine you want to be a pillar in the community, but bring in a guy that is using drugs in public places and getting into near riot fights.

[QUOTE]

Unless there is more information available about Williams or this incident, then all we know is what a security guard is claiming in a civil lawsuit which seems highly questionable. There's no allegation that Williams used any drugs, only that some among a group of 30 people were using illegal drugs. You have a guy who allegedly suffered bruises and contusions suing the NFL player and the cops for millions.

Presumably the cops assessed the situation and determined that neither Williams nor anybody else in his group needed to be arrested or even questioned. You don't think it's likely that BB decided that this is what it appears, a money grab by an overzealous bouncer. How you can bring Hernandez's name into this is beyond me?

There was a fight at a strip club, that's all. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

If you wanna take it step further and talk about our Defense of the past 5 or 6 years not being tough enough come playoff time...look no further than BB's decision(I think) to try to clean up the image a while back when he started taking a bunch of high quality players that were captains. Spikes was one but he was a dog. Mayo was another but he doesnt have that DOG in em'. It cant be coached.

The teams of the SB dynasties?? Well in 2001, we brought in B.Cox, a Dog who could play but had some off field issues. Corey Dillon helped win one. McGinest, Milloy, Otis, all these guys were seasoned vets who came up under Parcells. You dont get tougher than that.  Ty Law was from Alliquipa, penn and was a DOG like his partner Revis who also grew up in the same neighborhood. For years our Defense BLEW with nice guys like Darius Butler, Terence Wheatley, Wilhite, Brace, etc.

So its no Coincidence that our Defense became markedly better with the arrival of 2 dogs Talib and Dennard who can play in your face, physical man to man press coverage. Its why McCourty was relagated to the back end cuz his press was garbage and he didnt get his hands on anybody. McCourty gets by because he is smart and fast. Dennard is short and slow but is a much better CB. WHy? because he is a "DOG"

Btw, I got that term from Deion Sanders. He knows a dog when he sees one. Meriweather was a dog, but he was also an idiot. Sometimes it doesnt work for you. Ed Reed is the examply of being a "good DOG".  LOL

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I get your point. I agree with your point. But if you are correct, which most likely you are, don't have BB or Kraft sit there and lie to our faces like they did with the Hern situation...you cant have it both ways...you cant say you knew nothing about the Hern situation, yet you have complete knowledge on everything Williams did or didnt do. Dont sit with 3 members of the media and opine you want to be a pillar in the community, but bring in a guy that is using drugs in public places and getting into near riot fights.

[QUOTE]

Unless there is more information available about Williams or this incident, then all we know is what a security guard is claiming in a civil lawsuit which seems highly questionable. There's no allegation that Williams used any drugs, only that some among a group of 30 people were using illegal drugs. You have a guy who allegedly suffered bruises and contusions suing the NFL player and the cops for millions.

Presumably the cops assessed the situation and determined that neither Williams nor anybody else in his group needed to be arrested or even questioned. You don't think it's likely that BB decided that this is what it appears, a money grab by an overzealous bouncer. How you can bring Hernandez's name into this is beyond me?

[/QUOTE]

Muzzy, the point is simply do the Pats know or not know. If you are correct, and this is a simple money grab situation, AND THE PATS KNOW THIS, then fine, so be it. But if the Pats know this, why didnt they know about Hern?

Its like the Dennerd situation. The Pats seem to have a handle on the situation, completely understand what is going to happen and when, and the player is keeping out of trouble. THE PATS KNOW THIS.

With Williams, what do they know and what do they not know? IF THE PATS KNOW IT IS A MONEY GRAB, I have no problem bringing him in to help the team...

Do the Pats know or not? If the DO NOT KNOW, why take the chance bringing him in? If they DO KNOW, why didnt they know about Hern?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

....You don't get thrown out of a strip joint for smoking marijuana there.

[/QUOTE]

You don't? I've never been to any club, strip or otherwise, or any other legit business, where you wouldn't get tossed for smoking weed (other than maybe a concert hall). Then again, I don't do much clubbing these days so maybe I'm way behind the times...

[/QUOTE]

It obviously depends on the management of the club, strip club, concert venue, etc. If you're in Chicago, you can do whatever you want.

If you're in Indianpolis or Des Moines, IA, ya kinda can't.

[/QUOTE]

In Chicago you can do anything .... except see actually naked girls.

Classy town. Love the night life, architecture, and people.  

Worst strip club city ever though. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Muzzy, the point is simply do the Pats know or not know. If you are correct, and this is a simple money grab situation, AND THE PATS KNOW THIS, then fine, so be it. But if the Pats know this, why didnt they know about Hern?

Its like the Dennerd situation. The Pats seem to have a handle on the situation, completely understand what is going to happen and when, and the player is keeping out of trouble. THE PATS KNOW THIS.

With Williams, what do they know and what do they not know? IF THE PATS KNOW IT IS A MONEY GRAB, I have no problem bringing him in to help the team...

Do the Pats know or not? If the DO NOT KNOW, why take the chance bringing him in? If they DO KNOW, why didnt they know about Hern?

[/QUOTE]

Don't be so disingenuous! You obviously don't get his point. You also don't seem to understand the concept of someone hiding their actions from their employer so the employer doesn't know about illegal activities. Happens all the time, just ask the CIA. They employ a lot of people that do it every day. It really isn't that hard. Your Jetsness is showing through again!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't be so disingenuous! You obviously don't get his point. You also don't seem to understand the concept of someone hiding their actions from their employer so the employer doesn't know about illegal activities. Happens all the time, just ask the CIA. They employ a lot of people that do it every day. It really isn't that hard. Your Jetsness is showing through again!

[/QUOTE]

so you tell me...do the Pats simply know what has been reported about this guy, same as you and me? Or do they know more than what has been reported?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

so you tell me...do the Pats simply know what has been reported about this guy, same as you and me? Or do they know more than what has been reported?

[/QUOTE]

You know, sometimes there isn't more to the story. I don't get on what basis you think that someone's hiding something? There was a disturbance in a strip club, someone may have been smoking dope, the cops were called and some bouncer is suing the NFL player who was there and the cops who showed up in response.  

Doesn't seem all that sinister, but if there are details concerning Williams that you are aware of, let's hear them. Or is it just that you think it's BB and Kraft and they're liars, so they must not be telling the truth?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE][/QUOTE][QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You know, sometimes there isn't more to the story. I don't get on what basis you think that someone's hiding something? There was a disturbance in a strip club, someone may have been smoking dope, the cops were called and some bouncer is suing the NFL player who was there and the cops who showed up in response.  

Doesn't seem all that sinister, but if there are details concerning Williams that you are aware of, let's hear them. Or is it just that you think it's BB and Kraft and they're liars, so they must not be telling the truth?

[/QUOTE]

Muzzy,

You missed my point completely, and I only know what has been reported.

My point is, do the Pats also know only what has been reported? If they only know what has been reported, they really do not know much, and may or may not have brought in a potential criminal who uses illegal substances and gets into pretty big fights at strip clubs. If you are ok with this, then so be it. I am not a fan of having players like this on the team and in the community.

If the Pats do know more, and have their hands completely around the situation (similar to Dennerd) and feel this is simply a guy being caught in a money grab, then I have no problem with them bringing him in to the team and community. My only question is, if they do know a lot more about this player than what is reported, why didnt they know a lot more about their own player?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

LaQuan Williams is released. Does it point to the front office find out more about his issues after his signing?

He is a minor player, so him being cut is not a big deal, but whether the Pats front office does enough due diligence on players it signs may bear some reflection by the organization.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

They need the roster spot for Vereen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Are you saying the Pats did not know Vereen's health status last week, and a slot will be needed, before signing Williams? There are other players who can be cut to create the opening.  The rational for Williams' signing was Bolden was injured and the Pats need someone to replace him on ST.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

There are other players who can be cut to create the opening. The rational for Williams' signing was Bolden was injured and the Pats need someone to replace him on ST.

[/QUOTE]

perhaps... we will see if Bolden is active on monday or not.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

LaQuan Williams is released. Does it point to the front office find out more about his issues after his signing?

He is a minor player, so him being cut is not a big deal, but whether the Pats front office does enough due diligence on players it signs may bear some reflection by the organization.

[/QUOTE]

my point exactly! the special teams play of late says that this guy was signed out of need. his being cut for Vereen, who has bee returning for this game for the past month, is BS...he was cut because of the information released.

Begs the question, did the Pats not know? Or did they know, hoping it would not be made public?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

my point exactly! the special teams play of late says that this guy was signed out of need. his being cut for Vereen, who has bee returning for this game for the past month, is BS...he was cut because of the information released.

Begs the question, did the Pats not know? Or did they know, hoping it would not be made public?

[/QUOTE]

Of course if he was cut because of the civil lawsuit being filed (which I seriously doubt, but we'll never know...) then that would undercut your argument that they must have known more about Hern, doesn't it? If they didn't know about Williams, then that makes it more plausible that they also didn't know about Hern, right? I know you want to have it both ways, but it doesn't work that way.

I still don't know what the kid did that's so evil in your eyes - he got into a scrape at a strip club - ooh, how awful! I'd ready the guy for lethal injection...and me too while we're at it, truth be told.

As for Vereen, I don't understand how it matters that they knew he was coming back for a long time? Of course they did, we all did, so what? He's being activated now, not a month ago - they used the open spot until he was ready, now he's ready. So they cut the last guy on the roster which just happens to be Williams.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he comes back on the PS or the roster at some point.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

He'll be cut by the end of the week anyway.

[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course if he was cut because of the civil lawsuit being filed (which I seriously doubt, but we'll never know...) then that would undercut your argument that they must have known more about Hern, doesn't it? If they didn't know about Williams, then that makes it more plausible that they also didn't know about Hern, right? I know you want to have it both ways, but it doesn't work that way.

You would be correct if that was my beef. My beef is, and always has been, especially with Hern, WHY DIDNT THEY KNOW?

I still don't know what the kid did that's so evil in your eyes - he got into a scrape at a strip club - ooh, how awful! I'd ready the guy for lethal injection...and me too while we're at it, truth be told.

I have nothing against strip clubs. Everyone has been in a scrape before. I have a bigger problem with the use of drugs in a public place, and getting into a near riot (30 people were involved, with some hospitalized. sounds like more than a "scrape") after using those drugs in a public place. The guy should have been cut for sheer stupidity

As for Vereen, I don't understand how it matters that they knew he was coming back for a long time? Of course they did, we all did, so what? He's being activated now, not a month ago - they used the open spot until he was ready, now he's ready. So they cut the last guy on the roster which just happens to be Williams.

For 1 month the team knew Vereen would be activated Sunday. The ST's has been performing poorly. They signed this guy Tuesday to help the ST's. This incident is made public, and now the ST's dont need help? I also have some property up north I think you would like.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he comes back on the PS or the roster at some point.

I hope not. This team needs fewer knuckleheads, not more

[/QUOTE]

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

....I have nothing against strip clubs. Everyone has been in a scrape before. I have a bigger problem with the use of drugs in a public place, and getting into a near riot (30 people were involved, with some hospitalized. sounds like more than a "scrape") after using those drugs in a public place. The guy should have been cut for sheer stupidity

For 1 month the team knew Vereen would be activated Sunday. The ST's has been performing poorly. They signed this guy Tuesday to help the ST's. This incident is made public, and now the ST's dont need help? I also have some property up north I think you would like.

I hope not. This team needs fewer knuckleheads, not more

[/QUOTE]

Someone was using drugs. I didn't read anywhere that Williams was accused of using drugs, or did I miss it? The incident occurred a while ago, I think it was public knowledge before the lawsuit was filed, again I could be wrong - but I don't think I am? 

How many times has BB signed a guy and cut him a day, a week, two weeks later? And then signed him back.  Williams was signed on 11/5 and cut 9 or 10 days later, it's not that unusual really, not with BB. We even have a word for it, he got Ventroned!

Ask Marquice Cole how that works. This looks like the same thing to me, the guy is a borderline JAG, that's what happens.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

So they cut the last guy on the roster which just happens to be Williams.

If that was the case, why not Vetron Quentin Hines, Elvis Fisher or Brice Schwab to open the roster spot? Williams is supposed to be a very good ST player, as noted in last year's AFC championship, and the Pats ST needs help with Bolden possibly hurt and Gregory out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

By Aaron Wilson, The Baltimore Sun

6:38 p.m. EST, November 12, 2013

Former Ravens wide receiver LaQuan Williams is facing a civil lawsuit in District of Columbia Superior Court accusing him of assault and battery stemming from an alleged altercation in June outside of a Washington strip club, according to court records obtained by The Baltimore Sun.

The lawsuit was filed Nov. 1 and seeks $6 million in compensatory damages, and $2 million in punitive damages from the District of Columbia, D.C. police officer Anthony McRae and Williams, including alleged civil rights violations from the city and its employee.

The lawsuit seeks $1 million in compensatory damages from Williams, a former Poly standout who played collegiately at Maryland, as well as another $50,000 in damages and interest for allegedly inflicting "serious bodily injuries, including multiple bruises and contusions over many parts of his body," against plaintiff Anthony Smart, a security guard at Stadium Club.             

Williams' agent, Jason Sklar, told The Baltimore Sun that he was aware of an incident at the nightclub, but had no immediate comment on the pending litigation.  Williams now plays for the New England Patriots after being released by the Ravens through an injury settlement in September. The Ravens and Patriots had no comment.

No criminal charges have been filed regarding the June 23 incident at Stadium Club, which is billed as an upscale strip club located at 2127 Queens Chapel Road in Northeast Washington.

The lawsuit, filed by Stadium Club security guards Owen Collier Jr. and Smart, alleges that Williams and his entourage of roughly 30 people were asked to leave the nightclub because: "They were smoking marijuana and other illegal substances inside the club."

"They were escorted outside into the parking lot area by the club's security personnel where defendant LaQuan Williams assaulted and battered a member of the security team, plaintiff Anthony Smart," the lawsuit alleges. "Defendant LaQuan Williams assaulted and punched Smart. He did so intentionally, with malice and without provocation. .. Other members of defendant Williams' entourage then attacked security personnel who attempted to assist Mr. Smart."

According to the lawsuit, McRae struck Collier in the right eye with a baton and caused "serious injuries, including a traumatic brain injury."

An initial scheduling conference regarding the lawsuit has been scheduled for Jan. 31. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Who gives a shyt.  He's now on the street.  Vereen is in.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]By Aaron Wilson, The Baltimore Sun

6:38 p.m. EST, November 12, 2013

Former Ravens wide receiver LaQuan Williams is facing a civil lawsuit in District of Columbia Superior Court accusing him of assault and battery stemming from an alleged altercation in June outside of a Washington strip club, according to court records obtained by The Baltimore Sun.

The lawsuit was filed Nov. 1 and seeks $6 million in compensatory damages, and $2 million in punitive damages from the District of Columbia, D.C. police officer Anthony McRae and Williams, including alleged civil rights violations from the city and its employee.

The lawsuit seeks $1 million in compensatory damages from Williams, a former Poly standout who played collegiately at Maryland, as well as another $50,000 in damages and interest for allegedly inflicting "serious bodily injuries, including multiple bruises and contusions over many parts of his body," against plaintiff Anthony Smart, a security guard at Stadium Club.             

Williams' agent, Jason Sklar, told The Baltimore Sun that he was aware of an incident at the nightclub, but had no immediate comment on the pending litigation.  Williams now plays for the New England Patriots after being released by the Ravens through an injury settlement in September. The Ravens and Patriots had no comment.

No criminal charges have been filed regarding the June 23 incident at Stadium Club, which is billed as an upscale strip club located at 2127 Queens Chapel Road in Northeast Washington.

The lawsuit, filed by Stadium Club security guards Owen Collier Jr. and Smart, alleges that Williams and his entourage of roughly 30 people were asked to leave the nightclub because: "They were smoking marijuana and other illegal substances inside the club."

"They were escorted outside into the parking lot area by the club's security personnel where defendant LaQuan Williams assaulted and battered a member of the security team, plaintiff Anthony Smart," the lawsuit alleges. "Defendant LaQuan Williams assaulted and punched Smart. He did so intentionally, with malice and without provocation. .. Other members of defendant Williams' entourage then attacked security personnel who attempted to assist Mr. Smart."

According to the lawsuit, McRae struck Collier in the right eye with a baton and caused "serious injuries, including a traumatic brain injury."

An initial scheduling conference regarding the lawsuit has been scheduled for Jan. 31. 

[/QUOTE]

We already read all this. Is there a point?

The stuff in bold is what the plaintiff is claiming in his civil lawsuit. I can file a suit tomorrow and claim anything I want. Doesn't mean it's true. The police were there, they were called to the scene, they made a judgment as to what happened and they arrested nobody. Nobody has been arrested in the months since the incident occurred. That tells me a lot more than some lawsuit seeking millions in damages for bruises and contusions. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

So they cut the last guy on the roster which just happens to be Williams.

If that was the case, why not Vetron Quentin Hines, Elvis Fisher or Brice Schwab to open the roster spot? Williams is supposed to be a very good ST player, as noted in last year's AFC championship, and the Pats ST needs help with Bolden possibly hurt and Gregory out.

[/QUOTE]

Well, I just pulled up the roster on patriots.com and there is nobody named Hines, Fisher or Schwab anywhere to be found, so I don't know what to tell you? And even if there was, so what? Bottom of the roster guys get cut, re-signed, cut again. Williams is a JAG. Guys like him are plentiful. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Well, I just pulled up the roster on patriots.com and there is nobody named Hines, Fisher or Schwab anywhere to be found, so I don't know what to tell you? And even if there was, so what? Bottom of the roster guys get cut, re-signed, cut again. Williams is a JAG. Guys like him are plentiful. 

They are still listed in Patriots roster on ESPN, I have never heard of them or seen them do anything, that why I thought they are prime cut materials. But you are right, those guys are no longer with the team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Who gives a shyt.  He's now on the street.  Vereen is in.  

[/QUOTE]

+1