Do the pats Kick deep to the all pro returner? (we know bb hates to concede anything)?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Do the pats Kick deep to the all pro returner? (we know bb hates to concede anything)?

but if ghost cant kick it out of the endzone, weve seen all year and yesterday, we are vulnerable.

givign up an extra 10 yards or so (of the least return he might get if they do return it) vs a couple returns into pats terrritory could be costly.

jones is better than the other returners weve faced.

thougts?

ditto on punts- out of bounds sacrificing 10 yards + down the middle?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Re: Do the pats Kick deep to the all pro returner? (we know bb hates to concede anything)?

On kickoffs I kick it short and punts sail OB. Our kickoff coverage was worse than abysmal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Re: Do the pats Kick deep to the all pro returner? (we know bb hates to concede anything)?

See my half serious post about acquring a power kicker just for this week with the open spot of Gronk. A kicker does not have to know the Pats system. He can alternate with Gost , keep the legs fresh for both, and boom every kick through the back of the end zone. So no KO return by Jacoby Jones, the All Pro KO returner.

They can waive the new kicker on Monday. That may be more useful than promoting someone like Aiken from the PS.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

You really hate BB. Don't you. You call him arrogant and a number of other things like you live next door to him.  Show some proof once in a while. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

So far, it looks like a high wind evening averaging 15 mph on Sunday night, with gusts.  In one direction Ghost can usually nail it out of the endzone.  In the other direction, either go for hang time or bounce the ball downfield to limit the runback.

Expect added pressure on Baltimore's kicker, what with all that wind.  He lost the last playoff game for his team, and he should have lost this year's game for them too but the replacement refs were really bizarre that night.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I'm still waiting on the day when a kicker can routinely kick 60 yard field goals and kick the ball out of the endzone with ease.

If all these other players are getting stronger with each era, so will kickers!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

In response to ricky12684's comment:

who's available that has a more powerful leg than Ghostcowskee

[/QUOTE]

Not looking for field goal accuracy, just get some one with brute force who can kick the ball long for one game.  The Pats can alternate the KO, keep both pairs of legs fresh . Gost will do the FG and PAT.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

[/QUOTE]

i know, in theory it sounds great.. but who is available that's fits your criteria? 

[/QUOTE]

I am not in the football personel office so I would not know every place kicker and his strength, but a rough example could be David Buehler, who led the league in 2009 with the most touch backs in KO. He was released by the Cowboy last year because while he can kick it long, he cannot accurately make the field goals.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You really hate BB. Don't you. You call him arrogant and a number of other things like you live next door to him.  Show some proof once in a while. 

[/QUOTE]

+1

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Another example is Billy Cundiff. He notoriously missed the FG last year against the Pats and lost the AFC championship. But he had 40 touch backs in KO in 2010 and 44 in 2011 for the Ravens. Before he was cut by WAS mid season , he had 18 TB, he was picked up by SF, but not used as the regular place kicker. ( How can SF afford 2 roster spots for place kickers?)

Well , enough time wasted on this tongue in cheek ploy which certainly is not to be actualized.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to trouts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

On kickoffs I kick it short and punts sail OB. Ouo kickoff coverage was worse than abysmal.

[/QUOTE]

good points

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

See my half serious post about acquring a power kicker just for this week with the open spot of Gronk. A kicker does not have to know the Pats system. He can alternate with Gost , keep the legs fresh for both, and boom every kick through the back of the end zone. So no KO return by Jacoby Jones, the All Pro KO returner.

They can waive the new kicker on Monday. That may be more useful than promoting someone like Aiken from the PS.

[/QUOTE]

forget your joke. do it for real for rest of playoffs

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to nomadfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

who's available that has a more powerful leg than Ghostcowskee

[/QUOTE]

who knows, but its worth a look.

canadian league? usfl? pro soccer, kmart whateva

look at kurt warner (you find out whos been cut in the past year or so form nfl)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

our ST's was so bad last game I way saying N England should just do an onsides kick every time we kick! We give up crappy field position but it would be better than what Manning was getting on his returns! LOL Seriously though I think BB obviously tells Gost to kick as deep as he can and to a corner of the end zone not straight down the middle like he did to D. Manning. At least limit Jones' lanes. Or kick to the short man (about the 10 yard line).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Wait...Ghost is kicking the ball 4-6 yards deep in the endzone.  On both of the runbacks this was the case.  So if special teams can't cover that, it's not on the kicker.  He also saved a TD with the horse-collar tackle. 

We'll see much better ST play this weekend, imo.