Do the Titan's think the Patriots ran up the score?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Do the Titan's think the Patriots ran up the score?

Titans Defensive tackle Tony Brown: "They were just running their plays and it just so happens they were working. It is up to us as a defense to stop them and we just couldn't get them stopped when we needed to. I wouldn't say it is embarrassing, I would say disappointing. Coming to this game we didn't think we would get this many points put up on us and we worked hard all week."

Titans Linebacker Keith Bulluck: "I have been playing sports since I was 8, and never in any sport have I experienced anything like this. I guess the problem was we could not stop them; we kept giving them the ball on turnovers. It seemed like whatever they dialed up was working and a couple times they had great calls for what we did." -     “But honestly and truthfully, I would expect in anything else,” “I definitely wouldn’t have expected anything else. It’s not their fault we weren’t matching up today. That’s sports.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: Do the Titan's think the Patriots ran up the score? (For the trolls)

nah.  pats had something to prove to themselves, and they can't do anything about titans dbs not knowing that receivers go out for passes.  Poor coaching by Fisher.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

The Patriots offense, especially Brady had to get in sync which has been a big problem so far this season.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

There is no such thing as running up the score. It is a false category invented by people who don't like another team in college and in the NFL.

Points are a tiebreaker at some point. Get as many as you can just in case.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I think these are guys, like the Pats, who expect to stop a team from scoring and not have that team go easy on them.  Nothing in these comments leaves me to believe they are anything but upset with themselves.  I personally am shocked by the result of this game because I thought Tennessee would be a legitimate matchup regardless of their record.  However, seeing them in action today their secondary is clearly so weak it was like there was nobody back there.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

In Response to Re: Do the Titan's think the Patriots ran up the score? (For the trolls):
    [QUOTE]There is no such thing as running up the score. It is a false category invented by people who don't like another team in college and in the NFL. Points are a tiebreaker at some point. Get as many as you can just in case.
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

Another good post, Z.

JuSt today at Fox I read some hater typing about the scoring, and then saying, "Remember they did it to Joe Gibbs and Washington?"  Evidently clueless that Gibbs had crushed the Pats back in the day in like fashion.

After the 2006 AFCC, I doubt if BB will ever concern himself with making a bad impresson by, "running up the score."

I have never accused a rival team of running up the score against the Pats, and I have been a regular game watcher since the early '80s.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston006. Show boston006's posts

Patriots offense finally showed Up...  Good Game Boy and Welcome Back TOM. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Pure class and similar comments would be said by Patriots players if they suffered such a loss.  No one to blame but themselves.  It is called "execution" and one team did it better than the other.  Sorry about the pun using that word in this game situation.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

I remember last week when the Pats were up 17-7 against the Broncos. We lost that game after not scoring in the second half. I think if you can score do it. A loss is a loss. We did put in the second team in the third quarter. Let the haters hate!

Peace

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

I really miss this debate from 2007 and hope it's the storyline for the rest of the year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

All you have to do is look at the Steelers-Chargers game earlier this year. If you let up, a 28-0 lead can quickly be erased! Not saying the Steelers let up, the Chargers were on fire in the fourth quarter, and all the credit goes to them for not throwing in the towel. The Patriots today looked like the Patriots of 2007. Very impressive!
    The titans look like their mailing in the rest of the season, very uncharacteristic of a Jeff Fisher Team. Their whole team should forfeit their pay this week! That being said, the Patriots  look like their finally all on the same page!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

No, they wanted to practice some things. This isnt pop warner, these guys get paid, so they should try as hard as they can regardless of circumstances.

Fisher will be in a studio next year.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Ya I think they ran up the score but what can you do? If a team is a bad as the Titans were today it's almost impossible not to. Add the fact that the Pats were looking for a game like this and the final score is the result. 
    This game was an exaggeration of what to expect (unless we go 07 on the league) but it was an awesome turnaround and shows this team can play with anyone if they execute.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Although I don't think points scored has ever been used as a tiebreaker before, I do agree with the sentiment that you never know how many points you're going to need in order to hold onto a football game.  I also agree with the notion that they're paid professionals who should execute their plays.  I'm also adding that it's never good to get into a habit of letting up, and I think if the Patriots had stopped at 21 or 28, the game would still be winnable.

BUT they certainly didn't send Brian Hoyer into the game towards the beginning of the 3rd quarter to continue running up the score.  They scored what they considered to be "enough" and executed as many successful plays as they considered "enough."  'nuff said.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgolden13. Show mgolden13's posts

Points are used in the tie breaker system, but its far enough down the list that it doesn't come into play very often.

See here:

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

The Pats executed almost flawlessly and the only thing that went the Titans way was the refs ruling Young down at the 2 yard line when it was clearly a safety for the Pats.  I guess they just felt sorry for the Titans.  So no, 59-0 was not running the score up.  Lets just hope the offense can build on their success in this game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Do the Titan's think the Patriots ran up the score? (For the trolls):
    [QUOTE]Points are used in the tie breaker system, but its far enough down the list that it doesn't come into play very often. See here: http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures The Pats executed almost flawlessly and the only thing that went the Titans way was the refs ruling Young down at the 2 yard line when it was clearly a safety for the Pats.  I guess they just felt sorry for the Titans.  So no, 59-0 was not running the score up.  Lets just hope the offense can build on their success in this game.
    Posted by mgolden13[/QUOTE]

Yes!  If the Patriots REALLY wanted to run up the score, they would have challenged the ruling on the field on Vince Young's recovery of a bad snap.  There we go.  Vindicated yet again.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]I remember in 2005, the Colts were ahead of us by two TD's late in the fourth quarter and  Geyton Womanning threw a long TD pass to Harrison.  Wasn't that running up the score?

I remembered that play/game yesterday, when the RUTS (running up the score) folks came out.  It was within the last minute, if I recall, in N.E., and their first win against a Brady-led Pats.  Theycould have taken a knee.  That is real RUTs
    .  What happened yesterday was  a perfect storm of circumstances that could not prevent what happened.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Regardless if it says that this for the trolls...this is ridiculous all over this forum with various people insinuating that we need to do some sort of soul-searching for what happened. Or why did it happen and maybe it shouldn't have happened. Bologna. The easiest thing to do in the NFL is lose a game. We won. The other team either didn't try or we were actually as good as it appeared. Who cares? A one point victory would have been fine with me but I was happy to see Randy Moss running wild. He's been known to do that against people who are "trying". Go Pats!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LEON802. Show LEON802's posts

Today BB is perceived as a p issed off High School Coach everywhere except in New England for running up the score.No class-He never had it and never will.

There are plenty of other perceptions out there about BB also outside of NE.They have something to do with cheating to win.But that's a discussion for another day.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"There are plenty of other perceptions out there about BB also outside of NE.They have something to do with cheating to win.But that's a discussion for another day."

Yeah...April Fool's Day.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

They benched Brady for the whole second half.  

How do you get accused of running up the score when you score 5 times in one quarter?

Moss had 2 TD catches within one minute.  

Faulk took a screen pass for 38 yards?   

You think anyone was expecting a screen pass behind the line of scrimage to go for 40 yards?

Tennessee was awful.  

Running up the score doesn't exist in the NFL.  These are Pro's.   Running up the score exists in High school and maybe college.  

Once you're a pro, you stop whining about that stuff.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LEON802. Show LEON802's posts

Yapple-How are ya?!

I know that BB cheating thing really must rub you guys raw!Good-It should!
    You're all condoners of cheating I guess?