Do we have a TE?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_1594405. Show user_1594405's posts

Do we have a TE?

Most all of the top offenses in the NFL feature a pass cathing tight end. The Pats offense seldom uses the TE despite having an athletic/speed guy like Watson or a 'pass catching' TE like Baker. With all the focus on Welker and Moss and no consistent running game to speak of, why have the Pats coaches and/or Brady made the TE position one on defense does not need to focus on?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Do we have a TE?

I posed the same question a week ago against New Orleans.

You expect a 3rd option to open up with all of the attention given to Moss and Welker.

There were times where I wondered if Watson could have run a better route or if he had an option as to which direction to go where he might have gotten open against a linebacker.

Athletically, a linebacker shouldn't be able to cover him, but he doesn't seem to fully capitalize on his talent.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jedi33. Show Jedi33's posts

the TE's were  a non factor in todays game 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from STAUGGY. Show STAUGGY's posts

WE SURE NEED A PASS CATCHING T.E. LIKE THE ONE DREW BREES LOVES IN N.O. NAMED DAVID THOMAS,WE COULD USE A STUD LIKE THAT IN N.E.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sox148927. Show sox148927's posts

the TE's have been a non factor for weeks now, watson got off to a nice start early on but we havent seen him since except on his "5th quarter" interviews. baker was a pretty solid pass catching TE for the jets, had a solid pre season, but has been a non factor all year for the most part. i dont blame this entirely on the players and i not calling them out, obviously there is usually zero effort to utilize them or attempt to get them involved. much of this could be by scheme, they are probably spending the majority of their time as blockers rather than receivers. but still, look at the box scores from almost any game, any teams, any week, and you find even teams without a legit "pass catching TE" manage to get at least a few receptions each week outta their TE's. our TE's disappear alltogether for entire games, even a few weeks at a time.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

In Response to Re: Do we have a TE?:
    [QUOTE] WE SURE NEED A PASS CATCHING T.E. LIKE THE ONE DREW BREES LOVES IN N.O. NAMED DAVID THOMAS,WE COULD USE A STUD LIKE THAT IN N.E.    
    Posted by STAUGGY[/QUOTE]

Didn't we have him? haha.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

I think McDaniels did a screen to Graham today. Again it comes to play calling. Pats have really taken the creativity out of their game. Screen to Welker/Faulk. Deep ball to Moss/welker. Need an OC that can think out of the box.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Do we have a TE?:
    [QUOTE] WE SURE NEED A PASS CATCHING T.E. LIKE THE ONE DREW BREES LOVES IN N.O. NAMED DAVID THOMAS,WE COULD USE A STUD LIKE THAT IN N.E.    
    Posted by STAUGGY[/QUOTE]

You mean that same guy who cost the Pats 15 yards and field goal position on a drive-killing personal foul in Lucas Oil Stadium in 2008 down 18-15 in a game that would cost the Patriots the playoff tiebreaker???

The same guy who's a BACKUP to the Saints' real pass-catching tight end Jeremy Shockey?

Get out of here, you idiot!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

Ya, I'm amazed that with Welker and Moss on the field that a TE can't seem to make his presence known and find some soft spots away from them.