Do we miss McDaniels?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

Do we miss McDaniels?

OK guys, let's lay off the draft and FA for a sec. Even forget about the defensive struggles we had last year at pass rush, corners etc. Lets focus on the offense of last year. Brady was coming back from a serious knee injury and we lost a couple of WRs and couldn't replace them efficiently. Brady did look as if he was back to form as the season progressed and lets assume that we get some couple of decent enough WRs somehow (though I am not very hopeful), do you guys think that would be enough? Do any of you think that losing McDaniels is a irrecoverable loss? Does our offense miss his brain the most - more than the other factors?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Re: Do we miss McDaniels?

How many Super Bowls did we win with McD as Coordinator?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

Good question. But atleast we got to one with him (one out of two years and second being with Cassel) and our offense didnt stall at crucial points of the game like last year. They were more efficient even with Cassel at QB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from haldager. Show haldager's posts

We dont miss McDaniels, but we miss Harrisson, Bruschi and Big Sey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

We did last season, but it was also the first season for the new guy. McDaniels wasn't so hot his first season either. So some time will tell.

Also, McDaniels was only ok. His schemes were very predictable at some points. People forget all of the whining as 2007 wore on. 

I think the man this team misses is Charlie Weiss. And he ain't walking through that door, unless KC is visiting. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

If the Pats picked up some WR's, then they would be fine without McDaniels.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

McDaniels who?????

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I do.  I hope he comes back one day and replaces BB when he decides to step down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

In Response to Do we miss McDaniels?:
    [QUOTE]OK guys, let's lay off the draft and FA for a sec. Even forget about the defensive struggles we had last year at pass rush, corners etc. Lets focus on the offense of last year. Brady was coming back from a serious knee injury and we lost a couple of WRs and couldn't replace them efficiently. Brady did look as if he was back to form as the season progressed and lets assume that we get some couple of decent enough WRs somehow (though I am not very hopeful), do you guys think that would be enough? Do any of you think that losing McDaniels is a irrecoverable loss? Does our offense miss his brain the most - more than the other factors?
    Posted by patsordie

I see where you are going with this and i would concur to a point. We miss miss McDaniels with the kind of offense we have presently. However, we would be smart to go back to being a balance team. Running the ball more often. But at times last season, I thought the offense line didnt open any holes for the runningback to get any positive yards. But we they get back to toting rock , Tom Brady will take way less shots than a yr ago. Also, I believe that when defenses got to Brady, with those "remember me" shots he got off his game a little bit.  Also, Brady seemed to be less accurate than we remember, too. Especially on the long ball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

No...I hate this shotgun-on-first-down offense.  Brady was GREAT at play action in the Golden Age.  The offense has become too predictable, and Defenses don't respect the Pat's ability to run the ball consistently because there isn't a homerun hitter in the backfield.  Could this change with the draft? Absolutely!