Do We Need A New Offense Coordinator??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradyslady12. Show bradyslady12's posts

Do We Need A New Offense Coordinator??

I Thing So, It Seem's Like Every Play Was The Same.. Maybe It's Just Me But I  New What They Were Going to do just the way they lined up, WE NEED SOMEBODY THAT HAS MORE PLAY'S TO GIVE TO THIS TALENTED TEAM!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Re: Do We Need A New Offense Coordinator??

I KNOW!!!   LIKE WHEN THEY LINED UP 5 WIDE, YOU KNEW THEY WERE GONNA PASS!!! SEND O'BRIEN OFF TO KANSAS CITY OR DENVER!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

How's that for all caps?!? =)

I agree. I see teams like New Orleans and Arizona and their play-calling on offense is lightyears ahead of ours. Their rosters could be more talented than ours but not by that much! I've seen more creative playcalling with inferior Patriots rosters. In fact, the only trick play I remember all year was the flea flicker against Tennessee. I'm not saying that's the final factor in playcalling but it'd be nice to see the defense thoroughly confused for a handful of plays each game...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I am not going to hold my breath waiting on a new O-Coordinator.  Would I like one?  Yes.  Will we see one?  BB will probably keep him as long as he learned from his mistakes and showed promise.  Frankly, I'd like to see both sides of the ball shaken up a bit.  Shaken, not stirred that is.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

"I thing so" , "maybe its just me but I new what they were going to do just the way they lined up" - Seriously? And Offense Coordinator? Sorry, but what is with these threads recently? And this might be the worst question one could ask, we had the most predictable offense in the league and ran the same 10 plays all year. Yes I think its safe to say a change is in order. I do have disagree with dynasty, respectfully of coarse. If you look at the best teams in the league their full of dynamic, versatile weapons and have a bunch of them. I think the talent level is far better, I mean we only have ONE weapon, count them em' one who can put 6 on the board, Moss. And hes our only deep threat as well. Even with Wes our offense was middle of the road, teams were very happy giving him the underneath stuff all day and thats what I think they did, gave it to us. We have no respectable running game, a tight end who only can run a seem route, that drives me crazy, we have a tight end who doesnt go over the middle and cant make a big catch to save his life. Our offense is far behind teams like Saints, Colts, Cards, Minnesota, Dallas, Chargers even with no running game they have multiple guys they can go to. Jackson, Floyd, Gates, Sproles, Naanee and LT. How about the Eagles, Packers, even the Titans, and when healthy look at the Falcons. They have a solid running game, A number one in White, decent number 2-3 in Jenkins and Douglas and now maybe the best tight end in Gonzo. Not to mention a good o-line. The Pats problems are very deep, and challenging. They need alot of help.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Hey Pees is out, thats a decent start. There really wasnt alot to work with on either side, but not as bad as we played. This D got way too much credit for being ok, no lead was safe at all. It was putrid they way gave them up. And our O was terrible, again not much to work with, but they ran the same 10 plays all year, no BS I was calling almost 40% from home, even worse when I went to the game. I love when we move 81 around, but when hes in the slot were screaming hes going deep, its pathetic. Sometimes I didnt even need them to line up, I called both of the int's, the one against NO were 12 was going to 81 at the 5 yard line, that was sorry. And the one against the fins were 12 forced it to 81 in the end zone that Davis got. Pathetic, putrid, and predictable, all are adjectives used to describe this years team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

BB is both the OC and the DC,so I'm guessing we'll be stuck with the frauds he's calling OC and DC.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

I think it was best when no one knew what we were going to run.

A few years back, we'd be in a 4th and one situation and run a 5 wide formation.  It would be totally off the wall and it would work.  Now it seems like we all know what they are going to run and opposing defenses know as well.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Yes - big time. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

yes, a good one that will make our offense unpredictable.

We need a good D coordinator too....who can make us more agressive, develop a better pass rush.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

Not just predictable, but effective.  The play calling in the first half seem to work, even though Im not a fan of the "Air Pats" since 2007, they seemed to get out to good leads only to disappear in the second half.

I dont see anything changing this offseason except for players.  BB will continue to call the defense and have Obrien call the offense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

YES! Someone please breathe some life back into this team! Boring-stale-predictable-they all apply.
     It gets tiring watching the Pats D get beat by imaginative play calling, and the O get beat by aggressive defenses. The same things we used to beat other teams with. 
     Maybe the team isn't as strong personel wise as it used to be, but that means we need better, more imaginative schemes, not ones that are more vanilla.
     I think that we need two new coordinators, and we need to get them from outside, not promote someone that has the present systems ingrained into their brains. Fresh blood, fresh ideas. LIFE!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Mike Martz? 

Not sure if BB would ever do something like this - but Martz does bring alot to the table.  This way BB can concentrate on the defensive and special team side of things and just let Martz do his thing on the offensive side. 

Any thoughts?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Unless the ridiculous thread about the Pats purposely trying to lose games was true than YES, we absolutely need one... moreso than any other position.

I'd like to think BB thinks so as well, but who really knows..?  He never named anyone to that position this season and directly commented on his coaching after the loss to the Ravens.  We need someone familair with the "Erhardt-Perkins" offense and we probably need to draft another big hammer runningback that can move the chains.

The Erhardt - Perkins system has at times had a reputation of being a traditional "smash mouth" offense that maximizes a team's time of possession.  Erhardt coined the adage "pass to score, run to win" and the system is thought to be particularly well suited for teams playing in the harsh outdoor weather conditions of the northeast of the United States.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Wozzy-You are right on. It wasn't that long ago that when a team played NE, they knew they had been in a game. Now we are the ones getting punched in the mouth. I have been lobbying for Gerhart myself. Although I have never heard of the system, Gerhart-Erhardt sounds good to me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Cyberknot,

I've posted this before, but I'll post the link here again:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_England_Patriots_strategy#Erhardt-Perkins_offensive_system

I know it works because our personel is geared toward the system, the effectiveness of using it in 3 super bowl championships and when I employ it while playing with the Patties in John Madden Football I am unstoppable. LOL

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

Wozzy-Thanks for the link. There is a lot of good stuff there.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

YES...AND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE,,THEIR OFFENSE WAS DISGRACEFULLY PREDICTABLE FAR TOO OFTEN,YOU COULD SEE DEFENSES OF THEIR OPPONENTS ADJUSTING GIVEN THE PATS ALLIGNMENT AND DOWN AND DISTANCE..ALSO,THEY UNDERUSED CERTAIN PLAYERS(E.G.-TE'S) AND OVERUSED OTHERS(E.G.-MARONEY)..FINALLY,IT APPEARED THEY NEVER ESTABLISHED AN IDENTITY ON OFFENSE AND ONE THAT DID NOT EXPLOIT THE WEAKNESSES OF THEIR OPPONENTS,A SIGNIFICANT PROBLEM GIVEN THE INJURIES THEY INCURRED ESPECIALLY ON THE O.L. AND AT R.B.,WHICH PREVENTED THEM FROM DICTATING THE TENOR OF THE GAME.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teddydupay4. Show teddydupay4's posts

I think Martz went to Chicago.  As other teams make moves, New England stands pat.  I think O'Brien's horrid play calling forced Bill to pay more attention to the offense than he probably needs to.  The team doesn't need a DC so much as they need Bill to just focus on that side of the ball instead of having to run back and forth trying to fix both areas.  O'Brien's play calling was miserable.  No decption.  It was like he plays Tecmo Bowl every Saturday night and uses only those four plays.  And where was any creativity?  New England seems to be the ONLY team that refuses to at least have some Single Wing (or for you ESPN only football watchers, Wild Cat) plays handy, just to mix it up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Keep in mind we were statistically one of the best offenses this year, and the plays didn't look that different from anything we've done in the past 4 years.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rocher. Show rocher's posts

I don't think so...Predictable or not..the Pats had the most balanced offense in the AFC (120 yards rushing per game and 277 pass per game) Both above average.
    For guy's first year that is not too shabby. I would expect him to be even better next year. They ran over 4 yards a carry for 8 of the 16 regular season games, again not too bad for a passing team.
    Now the D is another story.
    In 5 of the 6 regular season losses they gave up over 400+ yards in each of those games (Jets loss being the only exception..where they out gained the Jets 299 to 254.)
    Of course the Pats picked the worst game for the offense to not show up at all..the Bal playoff game. No Wes Welker of course and shoddy run game.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

I'd say we need a better Offensive Coordinator.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I don't know, they should have been better this year but I think starting all over could be bad.  They know the formula for offense, the 07 offense was great they just need to practice or something.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I'm waiting for the second coming of Riverboat Charlie.  This team hardly ever rolled the dice.  Once they called a flea flicker.  Once.  All season, I believe. 

Whatever happened to Troy Brown jogging off the field on a field goal attempt, then stopping on the field, then catching an easy uncontested pass from the kicker and trotting into the endzone?  This team needs to drive the opponent a little crazy, even while they might have the guns to pass every down.  When this happens, the opponent doesn't swarm to the ball because it's too risky.

The Pats need to lay perhaps 32 gimmick plays in as early as April, at least practice them early with the veterans who are pretty certain to make the roster, then dust them off during the season, about two per game.