do you like this possibility??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

do you like this possibility??

Griese
    Bucs released QB Brian Griese.
    Griese was never going to be a factor in the Bucs' quarterback competition. Now a free agent, he'll likely draw interest from teams as a backup. The Patriots are a possibility, as they could use a veteran behind Tom Brady and Griese has been drastically better out of the shotgun throughout his career. Jul. 13 - 12:35 pm et
    Source: Tampa Tribune

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Re: do you like this possibility??

No.. We don't need him..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In Response to do you like this possibility??:
    [QUOTE]Bucs released QB Brian Griese. Griese was never going to be a factor in the Bucs' quarterback competition. Now a free agent, he'll likely draw interest from teams as a backup. The Patriots are a possibility, as they could use a veteran behind Tom Brady and Griese has been drastically better out of the shotgun throughout his career. Jul. 13 - 12:35 pm et Source: Tampa Tribune
    Posted by sday4x45[/QUOTE]

BY ALL MEANS, PICK HIM UP 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x45. Show sday4x45's posts

might take too long for him to pick up scheme......maybe as 3rd string.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I would love to bring him in for a look, my only problem would be that he does not know the system and we like to promote from with in so I doubt he will be a Patriot but i like him, he goes way back with Brady as he was the QB ahead of Brady in college but i just dont see it happening.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Although he does have a decent record in the pros (as far as backups go), I agree with Taz. They won't want to use a roster spot for him, and would rather develop a young guy instead. In any case, I'm hoping that none of the backup QBs will take a single snap in 09!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

In Response to Re: do you like this possibility??:
    [QUOTE]Although he does have a decent record in the pros (as far as backups go), I agree with Taz. They won't want to use a roster spot for him, and would rather develop a young guy instead. In any case, I'm hoping that none of the backup QBs will take a single snap in 09!!!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Unless if O'Connell gets some 4th quarter snaps in 45-10 win's, and/or final game of the season for the 2nd half if the Pats have the #1 seed in the conference.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigsey93-. Show bigsey93-'s posts

I think its time for Griese to hang up the cleats and retire, actually. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

If he works on his whining he could play Peyton or Rivers on the scout team

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I don't see a need for Griese.  I think O'Connell could play just as well if not better (he's more mobile and has a better arm), and O'Connell stands to improve if given the opportunity.  Griese is what he is, and that's all you'll ever get.

Final verdict: O'Connell is at least just as good and still improving.  We don't need Brian Griese.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

he is much better then we have at back-up at this time.so yes he would be a huge pick-up.cassel had a few years studying and learning.he also had brady there to teach him.this helped him this past season.o-connell has had one year under his belt,with no brady being around,due to his injury.so no i dont think o-connell is ready yet, sure let him get plenty of playing time,in the pre-season.it will help him improve,but if a player is needed,you dont want one thats going to improve,but one who is ready.im hopeing nothing happens to brady this year.i hate jinx posts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kmaxx. Show Kmaxx's posts

No thanks.