Dobson just s u cks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Dobson just s u cks

[/QUOTE]

All told ... wasn't it great to see a true WR get open deep AND get under the ball for once? 

[/QUOTE]

What, Get under the ball?  Everyone knows that even though the WR runs another 30 yards since the QB releases the ball on a deep route it's the QB's fault if the ball comes down on the outside shoulder and not the inside shoulder.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Get over yourself. We just played one of the worst teams in the league.

Too many of you are quick squirters. Any sign of something good, and you blow your wad. Learn the game.

[/QUOTE]

ummmm no.. he's been getting better week after week, no?

[/QUOTE]

Overall, he has gotten better. But he still is inconsistent from quarter to quarter.

Gronk being back makes everybody else look better.

[/QUOTE]

That's a kind of negative position, but there is a kernel of truth. 

The major factor for the offense working here is that the yougnones (Dobson) can get the ball in spots.

It isn't Tom tyging to jam the ball into hoels against rookies that don't know where to be yet. 

Dobson is making strides.

The biggest stride is having Gronk and Amendola back in good form to practice together

Two more weeks, then Vereen gets back and NE has a REAL recieving back for 3rd downs and more.

This offense hasn't even begun to peak. 

Just wait until Dobson has a whole season of XPand NE is in the playoffs. 

This is going to be BETTER than any offense they've brought to the postseason.

[/QUOTE]
    i agree  better and different than what the league has seen over the past few years. this looks like a season where the offense will actually be peaking for the playoffs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

Too many of you are quick squirters. Any sign of something good, and you blow your wad. Learn the game.

[/QUOTE]

You're telling others to get over themselves?  That's rich.  You complain about people over reacting to positive play, yet you're even worse when it comes to anything remotely negative. 

Talk about someone who needs to learn the game.  I think you stand proudly at the head of the line there!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to Getzo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

ummmm no.. he's been getting better week after week, no?

[/QUOTE]

Overall, he has gotten better. But he still is inconsistent from quarter to quarter.

Gronk being back makes everybody else look better.

[/QUOTE]

That's a kind of negative position, but there is a kernel of truth. 

The major factor for the offense working here is that the yougnones (Dobson) can get the ball in spots.

It isn't Tom tyging to jam the ball into hoels against rookies that don't know where to be yet. 

Dobson is making strides.

The biggest stride is having Gronk and Amendola back in good form to practice together

Two more weeks, then Vereen gets back and NE has a REAL recieving back for 3rd downs and more.

This offense hasn't even begun to peak. 

Just wait until Dobson has a whole season of XPand NE is in the playoffs. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying he hasn't showed improvement. And I'm not saying he can't be good, because he shows flashes of that. But listening to homer knuckleheads chirping how they were right about him all along at this point is still nauseating and needs to be derided. The whole receiver corps is uplifted with Gronk back. Left to their own devices, they were pretty lame.

I just rankle at this constant overrating that the homers do. When somebody gets good, I call them good. Not until.

[/QUOTE]

Well, yeah. 

I'm sure I can name a couple posters here that will pull a "revisionist history" on this and pretend that Dobson was as good as he will be in week 17 starting in game one. 

He wasn't. He was a hot mess for a number of weeks. 

He is making strides. 

This offense will start to get in synch slowly as they all get together, and it isn't Brady and a bunch of rookies. 

To even compare what NE ahd from game 1-6 to now is ludicrous. 

The major galirn point .. they aren't RELYING on Dobson to make all the plays. He is beside Gronk and Amendola, who also had tremendous games (actually better, Dobson blew one route and dropped a pass).

But you have to be positive about Dobson's improvement. At one point he was just speed and nothing else. Now he is starting to get it. 

All told ... wasn't it great to see a true WR get open deep AND get under the ball for once? 

[/QUOTE]

It is great to see a guy with some deep speed and size out there. Absolutely.

Clearly he is not a Price, Tate or Jackson. Because BB actually gets him on the field. If Amendola didn't get hurt, AH didn't get indicted and Gronk got back when expected I believe he would not have been as pressured and could have developed more normally.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

He's making strides.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I'm just happy to see the kid make progress. I can't believe there's people here b!tching about how Dobson playing well is all because Gronk is now back. Uh, that's kind of how it works in a team sport.

I agree with Z, the Patriots will be fielding the best offensive they've had in a long, long time in this year's playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You're telling others to get over themselves?  That's rich.  You complain about people over reacting to positive play, yet you're even worse when it comes to anything remotely negative. 

Talk about someone who needs to learn the game.  I think you stand proudly at the head of the line there!

[/QUOTE]

I thought that YOU and I had put this kind of thing behind us. But apparently YOU haven't. Ignored. I have no time to waste on your worthless views.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Settle down everyone, it was one game.  Yes he looked good, but he did have some bad plays too.  He had some bad drops, some bad reads.  While I hope he continues to get better and better I'm not going to say he is a star yet.  Just recently everyone was saying the same thing about Thompkins who is now below Slater on the depth chart, it seems.

And this was the Steelers, after all.  Not like we were playing a defensive power house.  A long way to go before we can even match up to what we were doing last year on offense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm making no predictions on the state of this O by playoff time, there are too many ifs. But I will say potentially what you say is correct.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I said it before and I'll say it again...you give these rookie receivers valuable early season experience and then add seasoned veteran players, you should expect the lid to get blown off of this offense.  Today was the first sign of that.  Get Vereen back and it should only continue to get better.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to apdynasty23's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm just happy to see the kid make progress. I can't believe there's people here b!tching about how Dobson playing well is all because Gronk is now back. Uh, that's kind of how it works in a team sport.

I agree with Z, the Patriots will be fielding the best offensive they've had in a long, long time in this year's playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, barring more injuries.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Are we really going to pretend Dobson hasn't been improving game by game, what was Brady yelling at him three weeks ago for, not being able to stop on the outside back shoulder throw on the streak, he caught a long one tonight beautifully, he dropped nothing easy.  This guy has all the tools.  

The posters telling us that Brady was given the worst tools of his career when many of us suggested patience with the rookies look like fools.   Thompkins having started strong early is struggling but should eventually work his way out of the slump.  Amendola looked every bit like the great slot receiver he is.  

Really... you think the offense is going to get worse at this point before it gets better?  You're a bigger fool than I thought...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think he is making strides, I still am worried about the drops though...he dropped two today...one was horrible. When the weather gets colder these things may happen even more. I do love the way he was able to turn on his jets once he got behind the defender today, plus he's got some great size.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Seems like the same can be said about those who squirt negatively..............A few drops in his rookie season and he was the 2nd coming of Chad Jackson...squirt .......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

[QUOTE]

The WRs last year were more reliable but much less talented. There is a difference. 

Reliability can be taught .. it's part of getting experience in the NFL. 

Talent ... what Dobson did ... just blowing past defenders? To be clear ... Brandon Lloyd has never been able to do that ... much less in the twilight NE had him for. 

Also, you are 100% correct. Talib will be huge. It hurts not having him against teams like Pitt who have a complete complement of WRs. It shows. 

[/QUOTE]

What a bag of garbage.  This year's WR's are more talented then last year?  Are you kidding me?  Did you see why Dobson blew by the defense?  They thought it was a run?  I watch Lloyd blow by defense several times last season and Lloyd did it being much older.  Please tell me more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Are we really going to pretend Dobson hasn't been improving game by game,

[/QUOTE]

Ahhh, I think everybody has agreed he has improved wozzy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

Ahhh, I think everybody has agreed he has improved wozzy.

[/QUOTE]

You mean the sky isn't falling...?

Carry on...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The WRs last year were more reliable but much less talented. There is a difference. 

Talent ... what Dobson did ... just blowing past defenders? To be clear ... Brandon Lloyd has never been able to do that ... much less in the twilight NE had him for. 

Also, you are 100% correct. Talib will be huge. It hurts not having him against teams like Pitt who have a complete complement of WRs. It shows. 

[/QUOTE]

What a bag of garbage.  This year's WR's are more talented then last year?  Are you kidding me?  Did you see why Dobson blew by the defense?  They thought it was a run?  I watch Lloyd blow by defense several times last season and Lloyd did it being much older.  Please tell me more.

[/QUOTE]

Did Lloyd run by your Jets last year

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Dobson looked like he'd been playing with Brady for years on that 81 yard td catch and run. Brady laid it out there and Dobson caught it in stride.  

I really didn't think Brady could throw that long ball accurately like that anymore. Man was I ever wrong.  It looked like 2007 out there today for the O. 

http://www.nflcdn.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000275897/Dobson-81-yard-TD-reception

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to MoreRings's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Did Lloyd run by your Jets last year

[/QUOTE]

Did he run by your Giants last year?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'll give you credit for persistence Rico, you continue to maintain this phony Patriot fan persona even though every single person on this board knows you're a total phony. Like you're some double agent acting as a concerned Pats fan spinning everything negatively to try and convince us that our team stinks or something. I don't get the point, and you're not very good at it. But knock yourself out, hope you're enjoying yourself.

Anybody with any sense can see the current receivers are more gifted athletically than last year's. They're not yet more productive, but that's coming. Quickly.

This offense is more diverse and has the potential to be better than any offense they've ever had. Doesn't mean they'll put up pinball stats like 2007, but that they're better suited for the postseason.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

Hope he will continue to grow as a WR.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It looked bad early with his drops, there were a few bad one's that should have been caught.  He made good on the two td's though.  Loved the ol hand wave down the side lines, he knew the D was expecting run and he could blow right on by them.  Yes, today was an improvement but really there was no other way for him to go then up after several weeks of bad play. 

Loved seeing Brady focus on Gronk and then spread it around.  Masterful plan by TFB!  He certainly played well today.  It's a little strange to see a Steelers defense that bad though.  Pats pretty much had their way with them.  Polamalu looks so slow out there both on foot and in mind.  He can't make the right reads anymore and he can't get to the ball anymore either.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"The posters telling us that Brady was given the worst tools of his career"

That's actually true out of the gate, though AH has something to do with that...but in week one it was true for sure.

"when many of us suggested patience with the rookies look like fools."

Patience is good but it's a very risky strategy in the NFL. We were very lucky the D carried us through the first number of games so that the offense could gell more. BB gets credit but it was a very high risk strategy he could have mitigated more than he did. That said we are through the worst of it and if not for defensive industries we might be looking like a championship team already. The D may yet come around even wtih the injuries. 

By the way Wozzy you do realize the essence of Internet message boards is a heavy does of whining and complaining right? Ten years from now you will still be lecturing on this topic and there will still be too much belly aching. :) I admire the determination but it's a hopeless cause. Would love to see more of your football analysis (some of the best in this forum) and less your berating other fans in here and calling them tools.

At any rate, my views are complex: 

- You could see that Brady can thrive with good healthy weapons and enough OL protection

- PIeces on the offense like the heavy use of Ridley are falling into place

- We have overcome some of the worst of the rookie growing pains. If these guys can stay relatively healthy they may be able to carry the D for a few games while a few guys get healthy and backups get savvy with schemes. 

In a wide open AFC we may have enough....

All credit to Belichick and the coaching staff for such a good record given all we have been through. All shame to those who put this all on Brady when it was much more complex than that.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Oh dear.  Here we go again: proving posters wrong is more important than the team winning.

If the poster is NOT a Pats' fan, but a Jests/Jints/Donkeys troll, fine.  But, otherwise.....ahhh, fuggedaboutit....

Dobson had a career game = awesome = leave it at that.