1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Dobson just s u cks

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

7-2 headed into the bye week,

[/QUOTE]

You need to temper your enthusiasm wozzy. Going into this week we had played only 2 teams with winning records and lost to one of them and barely beat the other if not for a Brady miracle.

We're all happy with 7-2 at this juncture, but it's a soft 7-2.

[/QUOTE]

I'm not simply tempering my enthusiasm, I am genuinely concerned about the depth on our defense, specifically defensive tackle.  I think Cannon can play for Vollmer, Fletcher and Collins can cover Mayo's loss, Harmon can cover Gregory and maybe even be an improvement, Logan Ryan is doing a good job in lieu of Talib... we need some beef upfront or we need the offense to become a juggernaut... that's not such a far fetched idea but I'd rather be balanced.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Why does this board consistently have to go to exterme's on either side! Something good happens all of a sudden you get guys puffing their chest out saying, see I told you I was right this team is the best ever and you're all haters and whinners and not real fans. Something bad happens and you get the exact opposite saying see all you ruby colored glasses things aren't perfect and this team is doomed. Why can't there be a grey area? Isn't there such a thing as constructive critizism anymore? It was a frantastic win but it's clear that they need Talib back, Arrington needs to go on vacation, and they need to fix the interior of that DL against the run. However, Jones had another great game, the other Jones and Vellano on passing downs looked good, and they created turnovers. On O, they need to get more consistent on 3rd downs, that OL needs to give Brady time in the pocket, and more consistency period including play calling and the use of the RBs but Dobson had a great game, Amendola stayed healthy and had his best game as a Pat, and Gronk looked healthy for once. There's a number of positive things to go around without having to puff out your chest and make posts like these because you know what will happen, when they have a bad game the negative side will puff out their chest even more. It's like an arms race around here from game to game as each extreme is acting like grade schoolers saying, nah nah nah I was right

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

Dobson is getting more consistent.  As one of the posters noted, he was getting double-covered with safeties rolling over to the outside, allowing Gronk and Amendola to exploit a more open field.  When Steelers adjusted, Brady recognized it, as did Dobson, and what we saw was a very good performance against a defense that was number 2 against the pass.  

Besides catches and yardage, do not forget at least two PI penalties that Dobson induced.  The kid's improving.  He's not all the way there but with experience and better rapport with TB12, he'll get there.  Enjoy the process, enjoy the ride. 7-2 at the bye without Wilfork, Mayo, Kelly, Talib.....

Red Sox 2013 World Series Champions.  Patriots 2014 Super Bowl Champions???!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In a manner of speaking, to start the season, he was given the worst tools. This isn't offensive turnover we are talking about ... it's been pure offensive flux. The only guy to start and play every single game on offense this season (from a skill position) is Brady. It's what being realistic about being forced (by attrition and a couple poor managment decisions) to play through rookie issues looks like.

[/QUOTE]

If Vereen and Amendola don't miss time, this offense would have scored more points early in the season, that's not a bad set of tools to start the season with, it's a bunch of tools that need to be sharpened and oiled.  

Poor management decisions..?

7-2 headed into the bye week, apparently you haven't read our injury report lately, it reads like a Pro Bowl roster...

[/QUOTE]

IF?  IF? IF?

They hadn't started the season with 3 rookie receivers, a rookie  FA TE, an injured Gronk and 4 guys ( Vereen, Edelman, Amandola, Collie???) that haven't played 50% of their games in the past 3 years, despite an off season to provide the slightest iota of stability,  THEY WOULD HAVE SCORED MORE POINTS!!!

Irresponsible and arrogant!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rtuinila's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anybody besides me notice Dobson was being double covered a lot in the first half? Unless I was seeing things, that means we have a receiver that teams fear on the outside. That hasn't happened since Moss left. I don't think NFL defenses double cover receivers that are lousy. I could be wrong... 

[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure he was being doubled but the steelers were rolling their safeties to the outside guys for a good portion of three quarters and Gronk & DA were killing them down the seams. When the steelers adjusted it allowed for softer outside coverage. Brady and Dobson took advantage of it.

[/QUOTE]

Cc was talking about this this AM

the pats O is based on attacking the middle, With Gronk and JA the rookies no longer have to look at cover two, and that with only one man to be concerned with. it is easier for them to quickly understand what route to run. They are a greater seam route running team and are more natural in receiving

Add to it there was a run game whcih opens up play fakes

Add to that the Pats were playing their primary receiver of the LOS

Dobbie was never considered slow - he has great hips to make adjustments, this gets defenders wrong footed and he can fly when he gets free

One of the things that is lost in evaluating players is what sort of "hips" they have to swivel - its why Revis was? such a great  CB. The easy thing  to judge is speed and strength

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I would say that not only has Dobson improved but more importantly the offense has improved, this is still a team game and a lot of people have to do their job correctly to snap, block, run routes, pass and catch. It was never one person or unit, it was all of them.  The good news with Dobson is he has all world talent, size and speed, that can't be taught.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from theshinez. Show theshinez's posts

The important thing is we've been waiting for a "break-out" gamef from Dobson ALL year, and he finally produced.  Ya, he had a couple of drops, but he caught enough to have 130 yds. and 2 TDs.  Bravo Aaron, keep improving buddy!!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Most wide receivers are drafted for who they will be in their second and third year.  Dobson had the usual rookie problem of not being NFL-ready, but he's tall and fast.  Also, he beats the bump and run well.

Yes, Pittsburgh's defense was awful.  They 100% gambled in desperation (Ike the CB bit and lost) on Dobson's getting wide open on his 81 yard runaway.  That still doesn't account for the rest of the 55 points.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

7-2 headed into the bye week,

[/QUOTE]

You need to temper your enthusiasm wozzy. Going into this week we had played only 2 teams with winning records and lost to one of them and barely beat the other if not for a Brady miracle.

We're all happy with 7-2 at this juncture, but it's a soft 7-2.

[/QUOTE]

7-2 is 7-2 in the NFL. Ask Denver /KC fans if they are happy even though they have only beaten 2 teams with winning records.

[/QUOTE]

Its the NFL, there is no such thing.  With all the injuries and young guys on the field, its quite an accomplishment to this point.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Why does this board consistently have to go to exterme's on either side! Something good happens all of a sudden you get guys puffing their chest out saying, see I told you I was right this team is the best ever and you're all haters and whinners and not real fans. Something bad happens and you get the exact opposite saying see all you ruby colored glasses things aren't perfect and this team is doomed. Why can't there be a grey area? Isn't there such a thing as constructive critizism anymore? It was a frantastic win but it's clear that they need Talib back, Arrington needs to go on vacation, and they need to fix the interior of that DL against the run. However, Jones had another great game, the other Jones and Vellano on passing downs looked good, and they created turnovers. On O, they need to get more consistent on 3rd downs, that OL needs to give Brady time in the pocket, and more consistency period including play calling and the use of the RBs but Dobson had a great game, Amendola stayed healthy and had his best game as a Pat, and Gronk looked healthy for once. There's a number of positive things to go around without having to puff out your chest and make posts like these because you know what will happen, when they have a bad game the negative side will puff out their chest even more. It's like an arms race around here from game to game as each extreme is acting like grade schoolers saying, nah nah nah I was right

[/QUOTE]

Very sober analysis. You have become one of the more refreshingly honest posters on the board.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I find it funny that Sims was saying yesterday, and TB has said it a few times.....

"It's hard to win in this league". ??????

It can't be that hard. It happens exactly half the time. LMAO